• Other

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ceeaura

Former Member
Reaction score
Was just curious in a poll sort of way,of what people think happened to Madeleine to cause her to vanish.

I am leaning towards murder as they were just too cool, if they harmed their daughter accidentally they would have been more distraught!

Accident. I have read the father admitted to sedating the children. (As a doctor he should be ashamed for doing this just to be able to sit around and booze it up every evening. )

I wonder if the sedative killed her, and they knew it would look bad on them, so they covered it up.

JMO IMO MOO

I think it should be charged as murder, b/c a doctor who sedates a child for the pleasure of going out to dinner (just my speculation) surely is aware of the possible outcome. Or, if she were shaken or beaten, then that is murder.

However, I do not think it was premeditated, so I voted "accident." If it were premeditated, I think they would have done a better job of staging the discovery and getting their stories straight about that night. The various versions are due to the short time they had to figure out what to say, and not thinking through all the consequences; i.e. the door being locked vs. unlocked and which would look worse.

Accident. I have read the father admitted to sedating the children. (As a doctor he should be ashamed for doing this just to be able to sit around and booze it up every evening. )

I wonder if the sedative killed her, and they knew it would look bad on them, so they covered it up.

JMO IMO MOO

Do you really think he would admit to sedating his kids if that what caused her death??? I don't think so. If he shook her to death do you think he would have admitted to shaking her before they left for dinner? It doesn't make sence to confess to sedating if that what caused her demise...especially if she was found and an autopsy could reveal that as the cause of death.

Premeditated all the way in this camp

I am leaning towards murder as they were just too cool, if they harmed their daughter accidentally they would have been more distraught!

I close to being with you on this. If it was negligent then the accident could and should have been avoidable.

Do you really think he would admit to sedating his kids if that what caused her death??? I don't think so. If he shook her to death do you think he would have admitted to shaking her before they left for dinner? It doesn't make sence to confess to sedating if that what caused her demise...especially if she was found and an autopsy could reveal that as the cause of death.

Premeditated all the way in this camp

I think he might have admitted to sedating her for one/some/all of the following reasons (or others I haven't thought of):
  • to provide a reason why none of the children would have woken up or struggled during an abduction
  • because the medication or syringe for administering it were found in the room, and he had to explain it's existence
  • in case Madeline's body is found and toxicology reveals that she was sedated with a drug found only in the UK. He could say that he gave her the drug, but the abductor killed her.
  • to explain any odd or guilty behavior on their part, including leaving the children alone, while still claiming innocence in Madeline's death

What do you think?

I think he might have admitted to sedating her for one/some/all of the following reasons (or others I haven't thought of):
  • to provide a reason why none of the children would have woken up or struggled during an abduction
  • because the medication or syringe for administering it were found in the room, and he had to explain it's existence
  • in case Madeline's body is found and toxicology reveals that she was sedated with a drug found only in the UK. He could say that he gave her the drug, but the abductor killed her.
  • to explain any odd or guilty behavior on their part, including leaving the children alone, while still claiming innocence in Madeline's death
What do you think?

Those are probably good reasons why he would admit to it, especially since they had to explain away the reason for the medication/syringe.

I'm sure they probably did sedate her, right before they killed her. I would love to take a look at her prior medical records.

I voted 'abduction'. I just cannot imagine how they would have gotten rid of the body. Plus, they have not avoided the PJ at all. I am really beginning to believe in their innocence since they 'invited' the press to be at their every turn in their search.

I vote it was an accident they covered up. The accident was directly related to the parents leaving the children unattended/their evening plans. It was an accident where either Madeleine died from being sedated, or where she fell or did something else in the parents' absence that caused her death.

Not sure it is murder, but it was voluntary manslaughter if they sedated her, and involuntary if she died from being unattended and getting into something.

To be honest, I think it was an accident. But it wouldn't surprise me if it comes out that she was murdered.

I guess I am in the minority, but I think someone took her - maybe wistful thinking. But the sedation theory is plausable. A friend of mine lost her baby that way when a baby sitter sedated him with Benedryl...

I guess I am in the minority, but I think someone took her - maybe wistful thinking. But the sedation theory is plausable. A friend of mine lost her baby that way when a baby sitter sedated him with Benedryl...

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear that, but sadly, not surprised.

OMG! How shocking! So sorry for your friend!

Abduction -- hard to believe maybe but - I don't think 2 medical professionals could overdose their own kid...neither intentionally nor by accident, no matter how annoying or imperfect the child was. All the 'evidence' has magically appeared in the past month or so...how remarkable. If the DNA in the car is blood, then it only prooves that Maddy is alive and the McCanns are in fact being framed by the Portugese powers that be.

A syringe found? Come on, you've got to be kidding me!! I don't believe they would have left a piece of evidence like that lying around even if they did sedate her.

Abduction -- hard to believe maybe but - I don't think 2 medical professionals could overdose their own kid...neither intentionally nor by accident, no matter how annoying or imperfect the child was. All the 'evidence' has magically appeared in the past month or so...how remarkable. If the DNA in the car is blood, then it only prooves that Maddy is alive and the McCanns are in fact being framed by the Portugese powers that be.

A syringe found? Come on, you've got to be kidding me!! I don't believe they would have left a piece of evidence like that lying around even if they did sedate her.

I don't understand. If the DNA in the car is Madeline's blood, and you think they are being framed by the PJ, then do you think the PJ took her and is holding her to frame Kate and Gerry? For what purpose?

The problem with an argument of being framed is that the person responsible would have to have Madeline. If the PJ are planting evidence, then where did they get her blood? If it is someone else, why would they go to such trouble when they got away clean and no one has the first clue who they are?

A syringe found? Come on, you've got to be kidding me!! I don't believe theywould have left a piece of evidence like that lying around even if they did sedate her.

I don't believe they overdosed her, but it is entirely possible she had a reaction due to an undiagnosed allergy or heart condition. There may very well be other evidence than the DNA that surfaced immediately that the PJ kept silent about. A fall or other accident due to poor supervision is also entirely plausible--remember, these are people who left two-year old twins and an almost four-year old alone in a hotel room. Many things can go wrong when children are left alone.

There's no motivation or reason for the Portugese authorities to keep Maddie alive and hidden. If they just went along with the abductor theory, it would die down quite quickly in terms of being a danger to tourists (again, the McCanns left children unsupervised.) It would be no different than the dozens of tourist/visitor abductions in Mexico over the past decade--or the Natalee Holloway case in Aruba. Eventually, lovely beaches, warm temperatures, and low vacation prices will win over all other objections.

As well, a $3 million reward for the safe return of Maddie would surely trump any civil servant salary in Portugal.

No, sadly, you can believe the parents were involved in Maddie's death, or an abductor used that car and location to hide her, but believing that Maddie is still alive and part of some giant conspiracy to frame the McCanns doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam