GUILTY CA - Oscar Jimenez, 6, beaten to death, San Jose, 18 Feb 2007

Columbo

Reaction score
This one makes me feel nauseous. Such a cute, happy-looking little boy! Six year old Oscar Jiminez was beaten to death for something he said to his mother's boyfriend's one year old son. I really almost threw up thinking what a vicious attack it must have been....

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_6851730?nclick_check=1

Columbo, that's how I feel just reading the thread title. I wish there was some way kids in danger could just be swooped out of their environment into a place where they would be loved. :(

Samuel Corona allegedly killed Oscar Jimenez Jr. on Feb. 18 at the couple's Hayes Avenue home because the boy threatened Corona's 1-year-old son, police say.
Kathryn Jimenez, the boy's mother, told investigators that Corona said to her: "Say goodbye to your son" and then beat the child to death.
The couple then drove with the body to Arizona and dug a hole in the yard of a vacant apartment. They put the body in a plastic bag, placed it in the hole and covered it with dirt, fertilizer and quick-drying cement, police allege.
Police say they found the body Saturday after Jimenez lead them to the burial site. Oscar Jimenez Sr. filed an official complaint in March alleging the boy's mother had abducted their son. She was eventually charged with abducting the child. (more at the link Columbo provided)

I wish I could have been there because I would have told the boyfriend to say goodbye. :mad:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=local&id=5651267
SAN JOSE Calif. Sep.10, 2007 (KGO) - San Jose's police chief was almost in tears at a news conference Monday as he talked about the beating death of a 6 year old boy. He told reporters that the boyfriend of the child's mother is in custody for the crime and the mother's role is being investigated.
"You can't help but look at this picture and wonder why we live in a world in which a little six year old boy gets beaten and what leads to that."

They would have to beat me to death first and they had better be prepared to loose a lot of skin and blood.

Columbo, that's how I feel just reading the thread title. I wish there was some way kids in danger could just be swooped out of their environment into a place where they would be loved. :(

I wish so, too.

They would have to beat me to death first and they had better be prepared to loose a lot of skin and blood.

Without a doubt! I too would be arrested and charged with murder because I would kill the sob that killed my child. :razz::razz::razz:

(That's why I can only read and post about this type of story ever so often. They break my heart and make me very angry!)

Rest in peace little one. No one will ever hurt you again.

How could anyone be THAT afraid of someone not to protect their child. I would have taken an A$$ whooping of all whoopins to fight for my child. The fight would be ON!!!

How could anyone be THAT afraid of someone not to protect their child. I would have taken an A$$ whooping of all whoopins to fight for my child. The fight would be ON!!!

You tell um SadieMae! :clap::clap:

That's what i'm screaming!!!!

Are these weak a$$ women magnets for abusive men? Why don't we hear stories of women who kicked a$$ when their children are being abused in the news? Maybe stories like those will give the weaker ones courage. My God, she helped him bury her own child's body and said nothing!!!

My ex threatened to "slam the " out of my oldest son when he was 8. The meat cleaver just missed his head and landed in the wall. I was ready with a butcher knife next. :crazy: He didn't come home for 3 days.

Are these weak a$$ women magnets for abusive men? Why don't we hear stories of women who kicked a$$ when their children are being abused in the news? Maybe stories like those will give the weaker ones courage. My God, she helped him bury her own child's body and said nothing!!!

My ex threatened to "slam the " out of my oldest son when he was 8. The meat cleaver just missed his head and landed in the wall. I was ready with a butcher knife next. :crazy: He didn't come home for 3 days.

And I hope that when those 3 days were up and he returned, you and your children were loooong gone by then!

As far as your comment about "weak women"--I totally agree. I cannot fathom feeling like I would need attention and validation from a man so badly that I would put up with any of this sort of crap. I know I deserve more and so do my children, and there is no way that my own issues and insecurities would take precedence over my backbone, and I don't understand women who allow themselves and their kids to be subjected to this.

Both of them just need to be removed from the living and breathing population! Disgusting, sorry excuses for humans.:furious: :furious: :furious:

I can understand her being meek about her own treatment of disrespect, but I can't see how "Say Goodbye to your Son" wouldn't bring out the beast in a woman.

That's like saying "Kill me now" isn't it?

how she acted after his death is just as strange to me as a mother letting a man kill her child.

U.S. Marshals caught up with Jimenez in Southern California on Aug. 23 and brought her back to Santa Clara County to face the charges. Corona was briefly detained - and then let go.
Back in Santa Clara County, members of the D.A.'s child abduction unit hoped Jimenez's arrest would get Oscar back home. On Aug. 31, Julianne Sylva - head of the child abduction unit - and Lindy Hayes, Jimenez's public defender, were in court for a plea when they cleared the courtroom to ask Jimenez some questions.
if i bought the story she was to scared to try and call the police for the 6 months after the child was killed i cant buy the week she spent in jail. the moment she was in custody did she scream "he killed my baby"? nope. sure she spoke up in court....
Then, sobbing, she insisted on telling the whole horrible story, authorities said. She repeated the story for police after receiving immunity that her statements would not be used against her.
i'm sorry but i have no pity for this mom... ok i'm not sorry this poor excuse for a mom should be charged right along with the guy she spent the last 6 months screwing.

I agree with you Sherri I have no sympathy for this mother either. The fact that she waited until she had immunity to spill the beans is very telling to me. Also the fact that she helped him bury the poor little guy. As a mom I just can't wrap my head around this.

I agree with you Sherri I have no sympathy for this mother either. The fact that she waited until she had immunity to spill the beans is very telling to me. Also the fact that she helped him bury the poor little guy. As a mom I just can't wrap my head around this.

I don't understand how she didn't die trying to stop him. HOWEVER, due to the fact you can get the same sentence as the actual bad guy, I can TOTALLY see why she would wait for immunity before speaking out.

She's lost her child - but in some states she could lose her LIFE if she spoke up.

You can't have it both ways: Expecting people to tell what they know when they know it, AND expecting "accomplices" to be charged the same as murdered.

For ME, my child IS my life - so I'd have died right along with her - but for everyone else... it makes total sense to me to not tell until you are safe from the laws.

I don't understand how she didn't die trying to stop him. HOWEVER, due to the fact you can get the same sentence as the actual bad guy, I can TOTALLY see why she would wait for immunity before speaking out.

She's lost her child - but in some states she could lose her LIFE if she spoke up.

You can't have it both ways: Expecting people to tell what they know when they know it, AND expecting "accomplices" to be charged the same as murdered.

For ME, my child IS my life - so I'd have died right along with her - but for everyone else... it makes total sense to me to not tell until you are safe from the laws.
not for everyone else just for moms who would stand back and watch their child be beat to death then help hide his body then keep the secret while you play house with the killer for 6 months. i honestly think this mom would have kept playing house with the killer had the dad not have pressed charges because he could not find his child. she only spoke up when she faced jail for not letting dad see the dead child. on this issue we wont agree because i think she is just as guilty as her lover and should face the same punishment as him. she put the child in the home with the killer even though he had a father that loved him instead of giving the child to the dad. who thinks this was the first time the man hurt the child? she knew he was going to kill her baby because he told her to say goodbye. she watched him beat and kick her baby to death. she helped hide the body. she spent 6 months lying to help cover up for him. she left her other child in danger for 6 months staying with the killer. she only allowed the broken body of her son to be given a proper grave instead of a unmarked spot in a back yard when she knew she was safe from jail. the man killed a child he could care less about. the mom knew and watched and helped, she is just as bad imo.

not for everyone else just for moms who would stand back and watch their child be beat to death then help hide his body then keep the secret while you play house with the killer for 6 months. i honestly think this mom would have kept playing house with the killer had the dad not have pressed charges because he could not find his child. she only spoke up when she faced jail for not letting dad see the dead child. on this issue we wont agree because i think she is just as guilty as her lover and should face the same punishment as him. she put the child in the home with the killer even though he had a father that loved him instead of giving the child to the dad. who thinks this was the first time the man hurt the child? she knew he was going to kill her baby because he told her to say goodbye. she watched him beat and kick her baby to death. she helped hide the body. she spent 6 months lying to help cover up for him. she left her other child in danger for 6 months staying with the killer. she only allowed the broken body of her son to be given a proper grave instead of a unmarked spot in a back yard when she knew she was safe from jail. the man killed a child he could care less about. the mom knew and watched and helped, she is just as bad imo.

Given the things you said about her, how is it surprising that she waited until she was given immunity to talk? In either situation - whether she wanted her son dead or not, it STILL makes sense to wait until she's given immunity to talk. It's pretty common to try to avoid getting into trouble, whether you meant to commit a crime or not.

Given the things you said about her, how is it surprising that she waited until she was given immunity to talk? In either situation - whether she wanted her son dead or not, it STILL makes sense to wait until she's given immunity to talk. It's pretty common to try to avoid getting into trouble, whether you meant to commit a crime or not.
it is not surprising that she tried to save her own skin. couey tried to save himself and it did not make me less sick. evil people always worry about themselves first and not innocent victims. the fact she did what you would expect from a mom that would watch her child be killed then help the killer while she continues to sleep with him does not make a difference in my feeling she should be charged the same as her boyfriend. if anything it only increases my feeling in the matter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back