Marryourdaughter.com

kittykat1

Reaction score
A controversial Web site purporting to be a place for families to sell their teenage daughters as brides is revealed to be bogus. Wait till you see what the would-be grooms wrote in—and what states actually allow.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20781129/site/newsweek/

Someone has too much time on their hands but this site is entertaining, nonetheless.

I really don't know what to think of this even though this site is a hoax. I suppose I'm thinking nothing is wrong getting a "price" for your daughter if she's of legal age. It's a bit antique, but is still done through dowrys in many countries. The shocking part to me is the age a girl can get married in some states!! Those must not have been changes since the 1800's. I had great aunt that married at 14, and my great great granny was married at 15. I think the age needs to be changed to at least 17 in ALL states.

I wonder about the men who were a serious "I don't know what you're talkinga bout" when the reporter contacted them, a few might just be embarassed.. a few might (in my opinion) need their IM's and myspaces watched to see if they are up to any other sneaky behaviors.

Just my opinion and I'm not stating ALL the respondents were having bad motives, just my opinion that some likely were. You know, just opinion and all :)

What a great way to focus on a legislative issue that no one pays attention to!

The ICK factor is high, it makes for great ratings, and now people are talking.

Brilliant.

OMG, just what we need, another website (however bogus) for pervs to obtain access to underage girls. Despite their intentions and the fact that the information on it was falsified, you have to wonder how many men who posted replies are actually middle-aged chld molesters.

OMG, just what we need, another website (however bogus) for pervs to obtain access to underage girls. Despite their intentions and the fact that the information on it was falsified, you have to wonder how many men who posted replies are actually middle-aged chld molesters.

There was no access. There were no girls. All of the pictures were from a free use site - IOW, their photos are already widely available online.

If anything, it might be a wakeup call to anyone who responded that this is NOT normal when they hear about themselves on the news.

Messages that indicated anything of a criminal nature could be forwarded to LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back