IN IN - Ramirez Smith, 15, Indianapolis, 11 Sept 2007

Indy Gal

Former Member
Reaction score
Sorry for all the threads today, I have been unable to post and I am catching up here...LOL

http://wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?s=7061361

INDIANAPOLIS - Metro Police homicide detectives still don't know who killed a teenager and shot his pregnant mother. But they say Northwest High School students were involved.
Police say a school argument turned physical Tuesday at Gateway West Park on the city's northwest side. This is where police say a fight broke out after a couple of teenage girls exchanged words at Northwest High School. But the fight continued in a nearby neighborhood.
Police say as many as 15 teenagers gathered at the park and continued to fight.
They say the fight escalated and someone fired a handgun hitting 15-year old Ramirez Smith Junior in the chest. His 33-year old mother Shawn Smith was shot in the stomach. The teen died.

this boy was protecting his mom and sister....I am Pi$$ED

INDIANAPOLIS -- A teen was killed and his pregnant mother was critically injured on Indianapolis' northwest side late Tuesday in a shooting that stemmed from a feud involving teen girls, police said.

The shooting happened at the victims' home in the 5900 block of Wixson Court at about 9 p.m. following a dispute that began at Northwest High School, police said.

The victims were identified as Shawn Smith, 33, and her son, Ramirez Smith Jr., 15 (pictured). Shawn Smith, who was seven months pregnant, delivered her baby by Caesarean section at Wishard Memorial Hospital. The infant was also listed in critical but stable condition, police said. http://www.theindychannel.com/news/14095623/detail.html

I bet his sister won't think the on going fued she had with the girl down the street was all that worth it now will she? What a shame...:mad:

I hope the baby and mom pull through. I am in tears after reading all this horrible news this morning. There is so much turmoil in the world, it's almost to much to take.

I am so sorry to hit you with my week in one day. Indianapolis, as everywhere else, has gone mad. Cant we have a murder free america? Is that really asking too much, hey just dont kill people!

My DH is determined to move to a bigger city and I ask him all the time "Why, when we live in a pretty peaceful town, would you want to move near crime?" I just don't understand his mindset.

Hi Indy! This is so sad, the teenager sound like a nice kid. What a shame.

From December 2013:

http://archive.indystar.com/article...ubt-someone-knows-who-killed-Ramirez-Smith-15

When Shawn Smith reached Wishard, doctors discovered her baby had a heartbeat and, it turned out, was not hit by the bullet... He had medical problems as a newborn preemie, but has grown to be a healthy boy...

As chaotic as the scene at the shooting was, investigators soon has a suspect - but did not find the weapon used to shoot Ramirez and his mother. Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Detective David Ellison has pored over the case and has come to the same point as the original investigators. No doubt, several people know who pulled the trigger.

Shawn Smith thinks she, too, knows and she knows who could give critical information to police. She has little hope that will happen. "I gave up in my head," she said. "But I still wish, in my heart, that there's a chance. Maybe I might get some justice."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back