TX TX - Dawnia Nolan Howard, 28, San Antonio, 14 Dec 1985

Angel4Alpha

Reaction score
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/howard_dawnia.html

"Dawnia was last seen in San Antonio, Texas on December 14, 1985. She has never been heard from again. Her husband, Richard Clinton Howard, reportedly stated he believed Dawnia was on a trip to see her sister in Europe when she disappeared. However, Dawnia's sister was not in Europe at the time.
Richard was charged with Dawnia's murder, but the charge was dropped for lack of evidence. He married again in 1986 and in 1999, his second wife disappeared. Authorities suspected Richard was involved in her case as well. Richard lead police to his second wife's body in 2003. He was sentenced to life in prison for her murder. Dawnia has never been located. Foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved. "

Ive always wondered about this one after looking through missing persons cases and wondered if it wasnt given up on by LE to find her because the man she was married to at the time is in prison now for killing his second wife.

I cannot seem to find hardly anything on this one. I think even though shes most likely deceased and her "husband" is in jail - she still needs to be found and given her name back which is why ive posted it.

Today, November 14, 2007, marks the 22nd anniversary of Dawnia's disappearance. Please contact the Texas Department of Public Safety
at 800-346-3243 if you have any information regarding her disappearance.

Dawnia would have been 56 years old this month. She is still missed by her family. We have received no new news on her case in years but still hope to bring her home one day. If anyone has anything new or simply something that was not stated at her time of disappearance, please contact the San Antonio police dept.
Our prayers are with all the families with relatives or friends still listed on this site.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8547/2

No DNA or dental records are available, according to NamUs.

Dawnia would have been 56 years old this month. She is still missed by her family. We have received no new news on her case in years but still hope to bring her home one day. If anyone has anything new or simply something that was not stated at her time of disappearance, please contact the San Antonio police dept.
Our prayers are with all the families with relatives or friends still listed on this site.

Kanwaltz, Do you know if the family has/can submit DNA for the NamUs database? If you need information/assistance, you or I can flag one of the expert moderators on this forum for directions to the process details for you.

Attachments

• dawniacollage.jpg
    dawniacollage.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 67
I was wondering if Dawnia was ever compared to Janet Doe found in Sept of 1991 outside of Houston . The UID was thought to be 5'1",115 lbs, and between 24 and 34 years old.

https://identifyus.org/cases/3896

Attachments

• dawniacollage.jpg
    dawniacollage.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 54
I am Dawnias. Son. I will submit anything needed, just let me know how to do it. Also if there are any possible matches to my mother I happen to know a couple things about her dental records. Please feel free to email or call me. Email is sierravic73@hotmail.com phone is 4097793531. Text is best. All contact needs to have Dawnia Jo. In the subject line please so I know to open it. I will answer all contacts. Thank you.

sierraviv73, I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother. I have forwarded your contact information to Michael Nance of NamUs so he can assist you with submitting your DNA.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/howard_dawnia.html

"Dawnia was last seen in San Antonio, Texas on December 14, 1985. She has never been heard from again. Her husband, Richard Clinton Howard, reportedly stated he believed Dawnia was on a trip to see her sister in Europe when she disappeared. However, Dawnia's sister was not in Europe at the time.
Richard was charged with Dawnia's murder, but the charge was dropped for lack of evidence. He married again in 1986 and in 1999, his second wife disappeared. Authorities suspected Richard was involved in her case as well. Richard lead police to his second wife's body in 2003. He was sentenced to life in prison for her murder. Dawnia has never been located. Foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved. "

Ive always wondered about this one after looking through missing persons cases and wondered if it wasnt given up on by LE to find her because the man she was married to at the time is in prison now for killing his second wife.

I cannot seem to find hardly anything on this one. I think even though shes most likely deceased and her "husband" is in jail - she still needs to be found and given her name back which is why ive posted it.

I am Dawnia's son. Just to make a point I wanted to announce that she has not been given up on. I live with this tragic story every day of my life, and I have been doing so for over 30 years now. If there is anybody with any new information on this and they may be possibly worried about taking it to the local police then please, by all means contact me. I am in touch with the right folks on this and I will make sure the information is kept in confidence and used in the correct manner with no risk to the informant. If you have anything at all please message me. Put yourself in my shoes for a moment, imagine living with this every minute of every day as I have. Please do the right thing.

should be looking for an unfinished root canal for starters. hope this might help. Shawn Volkmann

And to this day nobody has given me anything. Its no wonder I have such a bitter life.

WAIT -- did you say unfinished root canal???

Okay, folks, there is a female UID who has an unfinished root canal and she has a thread here. A waitress at a restaurant recognized her picture when LE asked, the woman was with an older man, the dental pain was obvious to the waitress. Help me figure out the location & dates, for sierravic & his Mom.

sierravic, find someone to help you work through your grief while we work on your mystery!

:seeya: off to search for that thread....

If you mean Valentine Sally in Arizona, it can't be her. She died in 1982.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and I found another incomplete root canal, deceased young woman in Wyoming, reconstruction did not resemble the photograph.

I do see that sierravic has given us some important information about his Mom.

Carbuff, glad to see you noticed Dawnia's thread!

I just happened to be looking for matches for Valentine Sally. What a sad case Dawnia's is, and what a tough thing for him to grow up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back