GUILTY NC - Emily Haddock, 12, shot to death in her Vass home, 21 Sept 2007

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1847871/

Posted: Sep. 21 6:05 p.m.
Updated: Sep. 21 11:44 p.m.
Vass — An intruder killed an 11-year-old girl in her Moore County home Friday, authorities said.
Emily Elizabeth Haddock had stayed home from school sick and was by herself when someone broke into the home at 6988 Marks Road, outside of Vass, authorities said.
The girl's grandfather stopped by the house at about 1:30 p.m. Friday to check on her when he noticed the door had been forced open, according to officials. He found her body on the floor and called 911.
Authorities declined to say how the girl was killed but described the inside of the house as "a brutal scene."
Detectives speculate it was a case of the young girl being at the wrong place at the wrong time.
There were no suspects in the case Friday evening, and authorities were offering a reward for information leading to an arrest.
Those who knew Emily described her as a “ball of sunshine.”

(more at link plus video)
===

She's a cutie. :( I have a 10 yr old and this breaks my heart.

Another human life snuffed out by some sub humanbeing...I wonder if it was a case of the poor girl being in the wrong spot at the wrong time, or if it was someone who knew she was home alone.
Ill guess we,ll have to wait and see.
My daughter is 25 Taximom and when I hear these stories I can remember back to how vunerbal little girls are:(

This just never ends does it. Child after child murdered. My heart goes out to Emily's family. This is the biggest nightmare of parents lives. I hope they catch the person who murdered this pretty little girl. It sounds like she fought like a little tiger...bless her heart.

I have an 11 yr old myself, and I can't imagine something like this happening to her. My heart goes out to the parents and brother.

"Investigators say the girl was assaulted, but they have not determined if anything is missing from the home. "

The video on the same link, has a reporter standing at the crime scene who says the victim was NOT sexually assaulted. The video also indicates that another home about a mile down the road was broken into on the same day by having the back door kicked open.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=triangle&id=5669224

Why couldn't they have just tied her up and put her in the closet or something?? These things make me so sad, and so angry at the same time. You have to begin to wonder what the constant flow of grief/anger does to you??? It just never seems to end, does it? I believe that drugs are at the heart of the majority of these crimes. The perp is either high and not thinking like a human, or in such need of money that they are willing to do anything. Society needs to try something totally different than our current DARE programs, etc.

Reannan, It's ironic that you mentioned the DARE program. Yesterday, someone I know was asking why the schools here don't do them anymore. And I told her that if I recalled correctly, about five years ago an independent study was done on DARE. The results were compelling enough for schools to stop using the program. The study, IIRC, found that the DARE program peaked curiousity about drugs instead of deterring it. And the kids who were deterred, couldn't differentiate between legal and non legal drug use. My own experience was when my son was about 8 and I lit up a ciggie in a store parking lot, right when a police car drove by. He went into hysterics thinking I was going to jail. Turns out, his school had a DARE assembly that day. I also know I have seen DARE posters kids have made that show Cigs and alcohol along side of illegal drugs.

Off topic I know, just wanted to share my thoughts about DARE.

Interesting story about DARE, SusiQ. It just seems to me that our society is spinning out of control, and the drug problem is the only common denominator. Besides just plain evil, that is!!

Interesting story about DARE, SusiQ. It just seems to me that our society is spinning out of control, and the drug problem is the only common denominator. Besides just plain evil, that is!!

I completely agree with you. I also wonder what it is that's causing so many people to have so many psychopathic tendancies. The lack of empathy and compassion seems to have left the majority of the planet! At least it seems that way to me.

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=273026
It’s still unclear if anything was taken. Investigators were not sure how many intruders entered the home.
That same morning, just 1 miles down the road, in Harnett County, someone had kicked in the door at 4976 Marks Road, Godfrey said. That break-in was reported around 10:30 a.m. (more at link)

More video here:
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=triangle&id=5669224

The grandfather looked totally devastated. I hope his health holds up.

Maybe the person was known to the girl and thats why he felt the need to go to that level? Maybe he had a rough guess of the times the house would be empty and was caught offguard when the girl was home.

Poor Emily. Just staying at home and trying to get well. Not hurting anyone, just minding her own business in what should have been the security of her own home...then this. :(

I don't understand the evil in this world. Let's hope there's some DNA evidence at the house so this sick freak can be removed from civilized society. Does North Carolina have the death penalty?

Prayers for Emily's family.

Yes, NC has the death penalty.

Maybe the little girl could identify the murderer as someone from around the neighborhood.

OMG!:(:(:(:( What a heartbreaking story!

You know, that was always a huge fear of mine when my girls were small and I worked. Luckily my parents lived 10 minutes away and would drive over and keep the one who was sick if I couldn't miss work. I NEVER let them stay home alone. Not until they were 17 yrs old and both were jrs in high school. I worked 5 minutes from home and made sure my work number was on speed dial, the doors were locked and luckily one of my best friends lives next door.

I know many working parents don't have the luxury of staying home, or having a relative nearby to check on the kids. I don't know what these parents circumstances were but in this day and time, children cannot be left alone.

She has an older brother. It might have been one of his acquaintances. (Not that he knew anything about it, I hope.) A friend of his would be old enough to commit a crime like this and would know when the family would normally be out of the home...and would definitely want to hide his identity.

This poor little girl. :(

It could have been one of the big brother's friends. This story breaks my heart.

Drugs, and.. it seems people are becoming more and more retarded/brain damaged.. as well as evil. Toxins in the environment, nutritional deficiencies from our dependence on processed food,, and the disintegration of the family, lack of any purpose in life, and on top of that, the over-saturation of hypersexualized and uber-violent images in our society, everywhere you look. All of it leads to the dumbing down of the American psyche. And we sit back like a bunch of wimps and allow the out-of-control power of corporations to continue.. they barrage us every day with these images because they all want to get rich, and they do, because everyone wants to see the lowest common denominator. So kids grow up surrounded by this stuff.. and I'm not religious, but I definitely believe there is a decay of basic common morals in our society. We thrived as a nation for a while.. but now it's the decline and fall. And the illegal immigration problem is only fragmenting us more. We don't have an identity anymore,, everyone wants to be 'African-American', 'Hispanic-American', etc... they all want to be accepted but then they insist on separating themselves.

Then again,, Rome was quite a mess when it was falling too.

Emily Haddock died of gunshot wounds.

Story w/video:
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1850536/

(from video)
POI is the male seen trying to break into the home 1 mile away. LE recovered a cigarette butt at that scene.

(from article)
Police are investigating whether the two cases are connected. Officials released a description of a person of interest in the case. They're looking for a black man, about 18 to 26 years old, between 5’8” and 6’ foot tall, with a dark complexion and a slim build.

I hope they get some good DNA and fry this jerk.

I might get flamed for saying this but I am a big girl and I can handle it...I think what is causing so many people to have psychopathic tendancies is so many parents sticking their children on mind-altering drugs (add,adhd,bi-polar etc etc) that now they are adults,young adults and their brains are fried,they have been on mind altering medication so long they don't know how to be productive members of society... I am a BIG HUUUUUGE advocate on NO DRUGS for children I am side by side with Kelly Preston on this issue.

I completely agree with you. I also wonder what it is that's causing so many people to have so many psychopathic tendancies. The lack of empathy and compassion seems to have left the majority of the planet! At least it seems that way to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back