Kate's bruised arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

armywife210

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Kate has been questioned about the bruises on her left arm that are clear in the photo in the pictures thread? I am looking at the one where Gerry is holding her tightly and his hand is right above the bruises. It looks as if the bruising is the exact right size and in the exact right position to be from his hand...

if this has been discussed before, I have failed to find it!

Does anyone know if Kate has been questioned about the bruises on her left arm that are clear in the photo in the pictures thread? I am looking at the one where Gerry is holding her tightly and his hand is right above the bruises. It looks as if the bruising is the exact right size and in the exact right position to be from his hand...

if this has been discussed before, I have failed to find it!

Can't quite answer this specific instance, but I'm of similar ethnic bacground to the McCanns (born in the USA but of mostly Irish, Scottish & Welsh descent). We whiter shade of pale people bruise like bannanas. Even bumping elbows in the subway can leave us black & blue. I was working out at the gym & bumped into a weight machine & got an awful bruise on my arm. And another just walking into a wall at night going to the bathroom without the lights on. Also, whenever I get a shot (flu shots, etc.) or give blood or get any blood work done, I get a bruise.

Back before wheeled luggage became poplular I went on Sprng Break with a bunch of friends. The luggage bruised me from banging into my legs to the point where none of the guys in the group wanted to sit next to me for the fear they'd be mistaken for an abuser!

I bruise easily, too. Same thing.

It could be nothing, but other people have commented on the bruises as questionable.

Do you have a link to the picture with her arm bruised? I would like a look

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53137
It's a little ways down. It has the Mccanns sitting together... Gerry has his arm around Kate and Kate is holding the pic of Maddy.
I would just put the pic on here, but for some reason I am not being very successful.
Yes, I bruise easily too. I am light skinned, the kind that burns easily. My husband laughs at me because I have had this huge bruise on my arm for three years because I bump it in the same place every time I put clothes in my dryer. It's not very dark, but it's there.
This isn't just a little bruise though. Or even one big bruise. It looks like a hand grabbed her around the arm, and a thumb ... to me atleast.

As a person that bruises REALLY easily (touch me tight and I get a HUGE bruise) I think Kate's one could be anything.

Right, but what I am saying is why not look closer at it? I mean if you hit your arm on something, it doesn't show up looking like a hand print.
And even if it doesn't look exactly like a hand print....
if a child ends up missing, I would think that every bruise on that parent would raise an eyebrow, atleast warrant some questions.

Right, but what I am saying is why not look closer at it? I mean if you hit your arm on something, it doesn't show up looking like a hand print.
if a child ends up missing, I would think that every bruise on that parent would raise an eyebrow, atleast warrant some questions.

You would think, wouldn't you? But again, the position and socioeconomic status of the parents would automatically forgo some questions, unfortunately.

Looks like right about where someone would grab someone on their arm and squeeze hard enough to leave a bruise from their thumb.

Thanks for the link Army. I think it is in a peculiar place to bump into something usually your forearm would take a hit. Definitely looks like a hand print to me. Perhaps Gerry was "reminding" her during an interview to keep her mouth shut!

It's certainly suspicious- I mean who ever has bruises on their arms?

Sorry to be very obtuse now but when was the picture taken?

I'm Irish and pale and yes, I bruise very easily and have bruised myself in the manner I describe below.

Unless the bruise happened on the night Madeleine was taken how does it have any relevance at all?

For what it's worth in my opinion she could have bruised her arm herself by using a crossed arm gripping motion, like you you see people who are in shock or are very cold doing.

I don't bruise easily either (Dad's Scottish and Mum's English).

The bruises on Kate's arm are intriguing. Does anyone know how soon after Maddie's disappearance the "bruise" photo was taken, please? :)

At least she made no effort to conceal it.

Since many people here don't bruise easily, it does look suspicious that Kate would have one on her arm of all places. It's obvious to me Gerry must have manhandled her to some extent. I mean, how else. . .?

Maybe Gerry did bruise her arm when she returned to the Tapas Bar to tell him maddie was missing. He grabbed her arm to calm her or stop her from moving so he could get more info from her. I would image she was probably histerical when she returned to the Bar and screamed what she scream and started to run back to the room.

This is JMO

I don't bruise easily either (Dad's Scottish and Mum's English).

The bruises on Kate's arm are intriguing. Does anyone know how soon after Maddie's disappearance the "bruise" photo was taken, please? :)

At least she made no effort to conceal it.

http://www.exposay.com/missing-british-3-year-old-girl-madeleine-mccann-in-portugal/v/10561/5/

These photos are from the very first photos posted by Exposay...unfortunately they dated almost all of those early photos as May 4th, which is not accurate. I am fairly confident that the picture was taken within the first week or two after Maddie disapeared.

I bruise very very easily. My husband has grabbed me by my arms in that area and I've bruised several times from it. So in other words, everytime I had a bruise in that location on my arm, my husband had grabbed me.

Some people don't bruise easily, my husbands one of them. I tried to hit him over the head with my iron skillet one time, he's so darn fast I couldn't never catch him. So, I can scratch him and get his attention. Then I feel so bad for it, I dont' do it. Poor baby, he should obey me. Te He!

I bruise constantly. Most of the time I have no idea why I got some. So it really doesn't strike me as anything suspicious.

I would have to say that I agree with you, AW210. It does look like a bruise from someone's grip on her in that area. You can see where at the top it looks like a thumb print and right below, you can kinda make out the other fingers.
For what it's worth, I do agree that it should have been questioned by the police.:twocents: JMHO.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam