Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.someoneknowsme.com
Woman frantic over daughter missing since July 1
Family plans to organize search party
By KATHY THOMPSON
Staff Writer
ZANESVILLE - Mary "Dody" Samson spends her nights dreaming about her missing 21-year-old daughter, Santana and praying she comes home or is found alive.

Santana Ivey has been missing since July 1, when Samson last heard from her.

"She called me to say she needed to talk to me and was coming home July 4," Samson said, her hands shaking as she holds a picture of Santana as a bright eyed teenager wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt. "I haven't heard from her since."

Samson and her son, Phillip Ivey Jr., are planning on putting together family members and friends who can search the area for her.

"It's not what I want to believe, but I believe something bad has happened to her," Phillip Ivey said. "I've combed the streets talking to people who know her and no one has seen her. It's just not right. She'd have called if she was OK. I believe in my heart she's been hurt or worse, killed. We need some closure to this and we'll do whatever we have to get it."

Zanesville Police Detective Ric Roush said his department is continuing to search for Ivey, but have had no luck so far.

"We've put her into the national missing person data base so that if she should come into contact with a police officer anywhere in the country for any reason, it will come back that she has been reported missing from this area and they'll contact us," Roush said. "The same goes for the worst case - if a body is recovered and the description matches Santana's. They'll notify us for that, too."

Samson said when her daughter failed to contact her on Samson's birthday - Sept. 6 - she nearly fell apart.

"I stayed home all day long because no matter where she's ever been before, she's called me on my birthday," Samson said. "If she was okay, she'd have called. My sister, Polly, had a birthday Sept. 2 and she always called her aunt on that day. We just know she's hurt or something. I just want her home."

Samson last saw her daughter after Ivey was released from the Zanesville City Jail May 2, where she had served 127 days for three counts of prostitution.

Ivey went to Samson's house and spent about two weeks there until she and her mother got into a quarrel. Ivey then left, taking all her clothes and other items with her, but Samson has no idea where she had been staying before her disappearance.

"We've heard rumors that she's dead and lying in some woods or been thrown into the river," Phillip Ivey said. "We want to know the truth. My sister wasn't always like the way she's been in the past three years. Drugs will do that to a person. She used to be so sweet and innocent. She had a real sparkle to her."

What the family doesn't want to hear is that Santana has been found under the same bridge that two other Zanesville women have been discovered.

Angela Kennedy, 40, and Stephanie Gallis, 35, were both found under a bridge on Perine Road. Kennedy was discovered in April 2002. Her case is open and her death has been ruled a homicide by the Muskingum County Sheriff's Office.

Gallis was discovered last December and died as a result of acute cocaine drug effects, according to autopsy reports.

While Ivey spent the time with her family just before she disappeared, Samson said her daughter talked about turning her life around.

"She didn't even want to leave the house by herself," Samson said. "She wanted me to go with her to the store. She was doing OK for a couple of weeks and then started getting fidgety. I just want to know where she is and that she's okay."

Ivey is described as being five foot four inches tall, weighing 120 pounds, has brown hair and brown eyes. Ivey also has several tattoos - a cross on her left wrist, a mushroom on her left leg near her ankle, a black rose on her right wrist, a butterfly on the back of her neck and a yellow sun on her back. She also has three moles on her face - one on her lip, one on the left side of her face and one on her forehead.

"We're a close family," Phillip Ivey said. "All we have is each other. We'll do whatever it takes to get her back. She's really a good girl and we love her."

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070830/NEWS01/708300321

Missing poster: http://www.someoneismissing.com/flyers/santana-ivey.jpg

http://www.centralohio.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/BA/20070925/NEWS01/709250303/1002

Evidence was found during a search Monday that has officials feeling suspicious about a missing 21-year-old Zanesville woman.

According to Zanesville Police Department Det. Sgt. Ric Roush, volunteers found a suitcase that belonged to Ivey, which contained her clothing and letters written to her, in an abandoned house in the area.

"What's kind of bad about this is there are some things that are being found now that are very suspicious," he said.

more at link

Perry County is a little east of Columbus. I'm racking my brain trying to remember any missing people around there!

ETA: Also it's between Columbus and the borders of PA, WV and KY. So the body might be from those places as well.

Looking at "Township Road 63" on google earth doesn't reveal any major highways around there. It looks like you would have to know where you were going to drive around that area. This is probably a local job. :( I wonder how old the bones are and if they dug around the area for more?

The first two that come to mind are Brian Shaffer and Tony Luzio. I want to say that Tony Luzio is less probable because he disappeared with his car, which has also not been found.

I'm sure there are plenty more people it could be, but definitely the first person that came to mind for me was Brian Shaffer.

www.findbrianshaffer.com

The remains are those of Santana Ivey. There is talk of a serial killer in the area.

Her body has been found. There is talk of a serial killer doing this.

It seems they found a black bag with an AK47, a hammer, knife, duct tape and ties and black clothing items while searching. This certainly sounds like a killers little bag of goodies. The garbage bag was hidden in the brush.

http://www.whiznews.com/article.php?articleId=19577

Human Remains Identified as Missing Zanesville Woman
The search is now over for a 21-year old Zanesville woman after a man discovered severely decomposed human remains in Perry County.

Authorities at the Zanesville Police Department say the skeletal remains discovered by a hunter in the woods near Glenford Sunday afternoon have been identified as those of Santana Ivey-who was reported missing back in July.

http://www.10tv.com/?sec=news&story=sites/10tv/content/pool/200711/1197646383.html

ZANESVILLE, Ohio - Authorities on Thursday confirmed that remains found in a Perry County ravine this week are those of a Zanesville woman, and now investigators are trying to determine if her death was the work of a possible serial killer.
Family members said they last heard from Santana Ivey (pictured, right) on July 1. Earlier this week, a man tracking deer near Glenford discovered her remains buried under leaves and debris, 10TV's Glenn McEntyre reported.​

From April 2009:

https://www.whiznews.com/content/news/local/2009/04/27/case-of-santana-ivey-reopens

Not far from the abandoned Luck Avenue home where Santana was last seen, they also found a trash bag. Inside; a gun, ammunition, and duct tape... Some believe the trash bag was strategically placed at the search site, to taunt the family and police. Nobody knows for sure...

"Nothing else was found in the house or outside that gave us any insight onto her death. Its not like there was a murder scene found at that particular house," said Roush...

On October 28th, a hunter found Santana's severely decomposed remains, deep within a ditch, next to a lightly traveled road in Perry County. Authorities couldn't determine a cause, but ruled her death a homicide. "We can't determine not only who killed her but how," said Roush.

Bump for Santana.

No new MSM, but an online search suggests some private investigations continue.

Mother seeks answers 10 years after daughter's murder

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/story/news/local/2017/07/14/mother-seeks-answers-10-years-after-daughters-murder/474968001/

Samson's daughter, Santana Ivey, was reported missing in July 2007. She was last seen in the area of Luck and Muskingum avenues in Zanesville. Three months later, her remains were found in Perry County. She was 21 years old.

The case is still unsolved. But Samson still hopes that one day she will learn exactly what happened to her daughter, and who did it, and why.

Lilly Paisley, a private investigator in Zanesville, was hired by Samson to investigate Ivey's death in October 2015. Since then, she has received numerous tips related to the case.

Paisley has not yet worked with ZPD, but she said the community is supportive of her work and understands the need for the case to be solved.

"I'm very optimistic that it will be solved soon," Paisley said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back