Not open for further replies.

blaize

Former Member
Reaction score
September 24, 2007
Private security team hired by Kate and Gerry McCann for secret investigation

[Source]

David Brown in Praia da Luz and Patrick Foster

A private security firm has been secretly investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann for four months because her parents feared that Portuguese police were failing properly to search for their daughter.

Control Risks Group (CRG) is believed to have been checking reported sightings of Madeleine from around the world and building up profiles of likely abductors.

Kate and Gerry McCann turned to the company, which employs former members of the intelligence services and special forces, after becoming concerned that officers in the Algarve assumed their daughter was dead.

A source close to the couple’s legal team confirmed that CRG had been working with the family since May but refused to discuss how the company was being paid.

A source close to the couple’s legal team confirmed that CRG had been working with the family since May but refused to discuss how the company was being paid.

“Control Risks are one of the groups who’ve offered their services to the McCanns,” he said. “You can assume that they are doing some things that the Portuguese police can’t do.”

Friends of the couple said the decision showed that they believed Madeleine may still be alive 144 days after she was reported missing from the bedroom of her holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.

More at the link above.

I hope this report is true. It does give Port LE another reason to arrest the McCanns for breaking their laws. I'd do the same thing if it were my child. Just maybe it is their findings that keep the McCanns hope for Madeleine to be alive.

I've seen interviews pertaining to different sightings of Madeleine that the McCanns were asked about and Gerry was evasive somewhat where he would only say that they were being investigated. If they had their own people working on this it goes a long way in explaining things that were going on that they couldn't talk about.

I hope this report is true. It does give Port LE another reason to arrest the McCanns for breaking their laws. I'd do the same thing if it were my child. Just maybe it is their findings that keep the McCanns hope for Madeleine to be alive.

I've seen interviews pertaining to different sightings of Madeleine that the McCanns were asked about and Gerry was evasive somewhat where he would only say that they were being investigated. If they had their own people working on this it goes a long way in explaining things that were going on that they couldn't talk about.

Exactly. I won't give up hope that Madeleine will be found alive yet.

Thanks for posting strach304.

The Chief Financial Officer of Control Risks Group, (ex-SAS and former MI6) is Michael Martin, the Speaker of the House of Commons! It's members include General Sir Michael Rose who was adjutant general of the British army and commander of the UN protection force in Bosnia. This special forces team cost tens of thousands of pounds, per day. Is Brian Kennedy, the billionaire Everest magnate paying for this and why? He has the same name as Kate's uncle, any relation? And isn't this outside interference jeopardising an ongoing police investigation?

The Chief Financial Officer of Control Risks Group, (ex-SAS and former MI6) is Michael Martin, the Speaker of the House of Commons! It's members include General Sir Michael Rose who was adjutant general of the British army and commander of the UN protection force in Bosnia. This special forces team cost tens of thousands of pounds, per day. Is Brian Kennedy, the billionaire Everest magnate paying for this and why? He has the same name as Kate's uncle, any relation? And isn't this outside interference jeopardising an ongoing police investigation?

Great post, Dr. Creepin, the McCanns didnt hire the security team until 3 weeks after Madelaines disappearance, knowing that is was illegal in Portugal because they thought the P LE were not following all leads on sightings of Madelaine, if they were going to do that why did they not do it earlier. Now that they are back in the UK, will the McCanns come back for further questioning if required, I personally think not. Also, the Security team musnt be allowed to divulge any information they have until the P LE have charged any perpetrators, that is how I understand it.

Hello Dr. Creepin,

In the original source article I posted it says that the McCann's refuse to say how the service's of the PI's are being paid for.

I'm not sure their involvement can be considered outside interference or jeopardising an ongoing police investigation if the PI's are not investigating within the Portuguese borders.

Thanks for your interesting post.

So what if they are furious? (aimed at the article, not you, Colomom)

Big effing whoop, there are no major breakthru's in this case after 4+ months and you need help.

Hee, hee, hee...guess I am getting a rep huh Brefie? A bit short-tempered, I am...

In this article (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2529582.ece?token=null&offset=12) it states:

"The couple have been secretly receiving advice for more than four months from Control Risks Group, which employs former members of the British intelligence services and special forces."

So I am getting the impression that CRG has been working all this time....so maybe it is them that needs help.

So, if the investigators turn up evidence that the McCanns did something to Madeleine, will they destroy it (since we know who is paying their bills) or turn it over to the police?

It all depends how you choose to look at it. We have been crying out for them to hire private investigaters.

Damned if they do!!!
Anger of Potuguese authorities on the hiring of private investigators.
Beats me why!!! I know it's against their laws but if as stated the investigaters are not on the ground in Portugal.........Mmmmmm
Posters here have said many times the McCanns should have hired private investigaters. Now we know the Portuguese system makes that impossible.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../nmaddy125.xml

Kate and Gerry McCann provoked the fury of the Portuguese authorities after it was revealed they had hired private investigators to help find their daughter Madeleine.
A source close to the couple's legal team insisted they were only working in an advisory role and were not on the ground in Portugal.
But the company – which employs ex-SAS and military personnel – is thought to be focusing on Spain and Morocco, where three sightings of a little blonde girl have now been reported.
In Portugal, figures from both the police and judicial arenas vented their anger about the move.

Hee, hee, hee...guess I am getting a rep huh Brefie? A bit short-tempered, I am...

In this article (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2529582.ece?token=null&offset=12) it states:

"The couple have been secretly receiving advice for more than four months from Control Risks Group, which employs former members of the British intelligence services and special forces."

So I am getting the impression that CRG has been working all this time....so maybe it is them that needs help.

ANYONE working on this needs help. I really think none of us care who hired who, who made mistakes - none of that matters - JUST WORK TOGETHER FOR A SOLUTION!!! Please God it includes a living Madeleine.

CRG's four main operating areas are: Political and security risk analysis, confidential investigations, security consultancy, and crisis response. The majority of their clients are large multi-nationals; they state that more than 90 per cent of the FTSE 100 use one or more of their services.

"Confidential Investigations"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_Risks_Group

and their website

http://www.crg.com/default.aspx?page=2

CRG's four main operating areas are: Political and security risk analysis, confidential investigations, security consultancy, and crisis response. The majority of their clients are large multi-nationals; they state that more than 90 per cent of the FTSE 100 use one or more of their services.

"Confidential Investigations"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_Risks_Group

and their website

http://www.crg.com/default.aspx?page=2

Hello colomom,

I'm sorry I'm guess your purpose in singling out the words "confidential investigation" is escaping me, but it did pique my interest so I did a Google search using just those terms. The search turned up page, after page of PI's offering the same generic wording on their sites. Confidential investigation seems to cover a huge range of actual investigative techniques and services designed to get the job done, in this case hopefully meaning that they can directly find Madeleine or contribute helpfully to finding her.

Thanks for the links on CRG, hopefully the fact that they have international offices will mean that they can be effective in helping find & get Madeleine home.

http://itn.co.uk/news/5dd41262b23abbdef6af886b08325e3a.html

McCanns deny hiring private detectives

Not much of an investigation if you cannot do it in Portugal.

[Source]

If the sightings of Madeleine outside of Portugal pan out then the investigation will be a success.

Control Risks Group (CRG) is believed to have been checking reported sightings of Madeleine from around the world and building up profiles of likely abductors.

Kate and Gerry McCann turned to the company, which employs former members of the intelligence services and special forces, after becoming concerned that officers in the Algarve assumed their daughter was dead.

And

A source close to the family said that they were particularly dismayed that officers had failed properly to investigate two reports that Madeleine had been spotted in Morocco six days after she disappeared.

A British tourist from Yorkshire told police that he saw a girl resembling Madeleine outside the Ibis hotel in Marrakesh. His testimony was identical to that of another tourist, Marie Pollard, 45, from Norway, who claimed that she was “100 per cent convinced” that she saw Madeleine at a police station opposite.

Both witnesses have complained that Portuguese officers were not interested in what they believed were potentially key sightings. Mr and Mrs McCann, both 39, spent two days in Morocco in June to seek assurances from the authorities that sightings would be investigated and to promote the hunt for Madeleine.

Hello colomom,

I'm sorry I'm guess your purpose in singling out the words "confidential investigation" is escaping me, but it did pique my interest so I did a Google search using just those terms. The search turned up page, after page of PI's offering the same generic wording on their sites. Confidential investigation seems to cover a huge range of actual investigative techniques and services designed to get the job done, in this case hopefully meaning that they can directly find Madeleine or contribute helpfully to finding her.

Thanks for the links on CRG, hopefully the fact that they have international offices will mean that they can be effective in helping find & get Madeleine home.

Actually, it is a cut and paste job....but I read it as meaning those investigations, regardless of the findings would only be shared between CRG and whomever employed them. In other words, not the LE.

Make sense?

Actually, it is a cut and paste job....but I read it as meaning those investigations, regardless of the findings would only be shared between CRG and whomever employed them. In other words, not the LE.

Make sense?

Isn't that how any private investigator or investigation team work, they report back to whoever hired them?

But in all honesty if a crime was committed and the CRG discovered evidence to prove that then as far as I understand it they are legally obliged to submit that evidence to either the local LE where the crime was committed or to the LE in the jurisdiction where the evidence was discovered. Please do correct me if my assumption is wrong.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member