Woman's 9/11 survival story questioned

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
link

NEW YORK - A nonprofit organization for 9/11 survivors removed its president after questions were raised about her harrowing account of how she survived but lost a loved one in the World Trade Center attack.
Tania Head has said that she was badly burned on the 78th floor of the south tower, that she was saved by a man who died trying to save others, and that a dying man handed her his inscribed wedding ring, which she later returned to his widow.
She also said her husband, or fiance, died in the north tower.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I am so not surprised at this story. My husband is FDNY and narrowly got out. But there are lots and lots of people who have attached themselves to this tragedy. We hear of people who try to send their children to survivor camp experiences to those who want medical benefits to those who want survivor benefits. Yeah, we've all heard or Tania Head. Everybody sort of questioned her role. Most people realized that she was a wannabe. What I don't understand is how anyone would choose to be a member of that club.

Nancy

I am so not surprised at this story. My husband is FDNY and narrowly got out. But there are lots and lots of people who have attached themselves to this tragedy. We hear of people who try to send their children to survivor camp experiences to those who want medical benefits to those who want survivor benefits. Yeah, we've all heard or Tania Head. Everybody sort of questioned her role. Most people realized that she was a wannabe. What I don't understand is how anyone would choose to be a member of that club.

Nancy
Dearest NK57,:blowkiss:
I am grateful for your post.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

Nancy
They would be very sad people NK.

OMgosh, this is so strange. The article disproved everything apparently, but I didn't see anything about the ring. Was she ever able to prove that?

Unbelievable.

I remember seeing a news story (Dateline, 20/20?) about a badly burned woman saved by someone else...was this her?

Hi guys. You would be surprised how many people have latched onto 9/11 as their personal "cause". There are plenty of Tania Heads out there. There is another group of women from Hastings NY who go to fire houses once a month and cook for the shift. In 6 years they have gotten through three boroughs. Its always "we love you for what you did on 9/11". Frankly the guys are kinda embarrassed by it. They call this group "the fire *advertiser censored*". Like I just don't get it. I asked one of them do you ever ask any of the guys about their asthma or other illnesses they've developed? She replied "No, we just love them".. Strange.. go figure.

Nancy

I wonder why people like them haven't been exposed more on the news. I guess as long as they are "giving" (dinner, "love", etc) it's ok? I can understand showing appreciation, but what these gals are doing sounds yucky. (That's about the only word I could think of! lol)

As strange as they sound, it's one thing to cook for firemen so you can vicariously live off the memories of what happened. But to lie and put yourself out there as a victim is disgusting.

As strange as they sound, it's one thing to cook for firemen so you can vicariously live off the memories of what happened. But to lie and put yourself out there as a victim is disgusting.

Sounds like one is a type of Munchausen and the other is Munchausen-by-proxy. In a weird way. (That probably doesn't make any sense whatsoever, but I hope someone gets what I'm saying!) lol

Sounds like one is a type of Munchausen and the other is Munchausen-by-proxy. In a weird way. (That probably doesn't make any sense whatsoever, but I hope someone gets what I'm saying!) lol

I understand 100%.

I totally get the Munchausen similarity. Yes, these girls are kinda yucky in a sad sort of slutty way. I know one of them pretty well. I alternate between feeling sorry for her and wanting to swat her like a mosquito. LOL, about 1/4 of the dpet has retired since 9/11. what theyve been replaced with are kids who were in the 9th or 10th grade when 9/11 occured. They love the attention from the fire cooker women.

Nancy

How sad. Wonder why her family hasn't spoken out against her? She said she filed for no money...so you KNOW that she was NOT a 9/11 victim. What a piece of crap she is for lying about this. Hope it doesn't hurt their fundraising efforts.:slap:

Me personally ... I kind of think that is a nice gesture. What am I missing here?

Hi guys. You would be surprised how many people have latched onto 9/11 as their personal "cause". There are plenty of Tania Heads out there. There is another group of women from Hastings NY who go to fire houses once a month and cook for the shift. In 6 years they have gotten through three boroughs. Its always "we love you for what you did on 9/11". Frankly the guys are kinda embarrassed by it. They call this group "the fire *advertiser censored*". Like I just don't get it. I asked one of them do you ever ask any of the guys about their asthma or other illnesses they've developed? She replied "No, we just love them".. Strange.. go figure.

Nancy

IMO, people that lie about being connected to 9/11 need mental help and/or criminal prosecution.

Nancy
the fire *advertiser censored* ... how very rude of them ..these people take the time to cook for them and they call them that ? how incredibly rude

I think the word "slutty" might be harsh, but I don't know them so maybe it's right on. I think the difference is they are only doing it for the attention they get rather than out of deep appreciation. I'm just guessing here though! lol

Me personally ... I kind of think that is a nice gesture. What am I missing here?

I'm glad someone else thought this too,because I agree,what are they doing that's so bad? ...and the name calling is just mean spirited.

From what I understand it's the firemen that are calling them "slutty". I think it's sad too though. If they don't want them around, they should tell them.

You know I have come to the conclusion that a person just does not know what motivates others to do what they do. I do wish someone would come with some sort of device.

This women did this for attention, pure and simple. Sympathy also. She wanted to "intergrate" herself in the 9/11 saga because of the publicity and also the attention of being a "survivor".

As for the "fire cooking women", I very doubt that their motives are "as good as they seem". They probably are just "firemen" junkies who again want to "have the attention" of doing something "great" for the heros.

But again, this is just my opinion, as motives cannot be truly known.

I think her stating that she never laid claim to surviver money is as much as admitting she lied this entire time.

As for the "fire *advertiser censored*" .... reminds me of the tramps that would hang out by the barracks when hubby was in the Army... They were called Barrack *advertiser censored*.

I think that with or without 9/11 there would still be women who hang out at the fire house ... just like those that hang out at an Army barrack.
They are just there to hook up with some guy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back