FL FL - Mary Frederick, 36, Tampa, 3 June 1994

Sleuthster

Verified - friend of Wendy Huggy
Reaction score
Website
cynthiaparrott.blogspot.com
Recently remains where found in Seffner Florida which lead me on a search of Missing Person Cold Cases in the area.

The body was of a female early to mid 30's, had been there 10-15 years, had auburn hair, and two gold teeth on lower jaw (gold caps?) it is reported.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/09/26/Hillsborough/Investigators_find_mo.shtml

I found Mary Carol Fredrick in my quest and wonder now if this could be her. I could not find another post on her here so I started this one.

Here are some links I found on her.

http://seminoleheights.blogspot.com/2006/02/where-is-mary-carol-hill-frederick.html

http://www.tampagov.net/dept_Police...estigations/missing_persons/fredrick_mary.asp

Interestingly there is a comment on the seminoleheights website from someone who states that he is her husband and is remarried but the last name is spelled Frederick and on the tampa LE sight and doenetwork it is spelled Fredrick. Maybe they have her name misspelled.

It does sound like it could possibly be her, Seminole Heights is not far from Seffner at all they are both on the east side of Tampa.

Mary Carol Frederick

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1309/0/

*Case report* (is interesting IMHO, just click on the link under case navigation and it will pop up)

The case report states that the gentleman named within who was last seen with her has not been seen since. I can't find him on any missing websites though.

Uhmmmmm Louis Joseph Hlava is, or was until very recently, still living in Tampa. If you check Hillsborough County court records, in 2009 and then 2010 he had a traffic infraction for failing to stop at a red light and some other minor things. Can't find any evidence anywhere that he was never heard from again. The NamUs record is now gone, same with the Tampa one.

I think that this might be a rare case of Charley Project having false info (maybe just from a source that was wrong), as NOWHERE else mentions Hlava also disappearing. He's still in the same city, etc.

Is it safe to assume the body found in Seffner was ruled out? Some of the links in the early posts are no longer available.

I was searching through people with brain and related surgeries, and stumbled on Mary and this UID found in Sanibel in 1995. I'm wondering if the TMJ surgeries Mary had were a more invasive type that would be similar to a temporal craniotomy? I know the UID says left, and Mary's NAMUS mentions her surgeries were on the right, but it's possible one is incorrect.

I think the reconstruction looks like Mary, and the details are otherwise plausible.

Edited to see this does lead to a profile. Not sure why it's titled The way it is.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thinking a bit more about this possibility: doenetwork describes the top the UID was wearing as a nation hospital gown, with lettering from a hospital in SC on the back, but NAMUS refers to it as a size medium scrub top.

Given the UID was wearing jewelry, a scrub top seems more likely to me. They checked for a patient with surgeries from that hosoital, but if it wasn't an employee, I remember people wearing scrubs a bit of a fashion trend at various times in the 80s and 90s .

Do we know anything about Mary's previous work experience before the State Department of Health Rehab? Could she have worked at a VA in SC in some capacity?

Would anyone like to submit this? I've never submitted a possible match. Here is a photo from th he UID reconstruction. I really think it could be her. Screenshot_2019-04-16-14-35-14.png

Pulling down the smiling image from above. I'm not sure how to post side by side. I tried, without luck. Screenshot_2019-04-16-14-42-44_kindlephoto-21107948.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-16-14-38-57.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-16-14-38-57.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 0
Cold Case: Mary Carol Hill-Frederick, Missing Since 1994
Cold Case: Mary Carol Hill-Frederick, Missing Since 1994
tampafp.com November 2, 2020
TAMPA, Fla. – On June 6, 1994 victim, Mary Carol Hill-Frederick, was reported as a missing person by her husband. She was last known to be alive on Saturday, June 3, 1994, standing in front of her home at 1601 E Powhattan Ave. in the Seminole Heights section of Tampa.
According to investigators, Hill’s house was locked and her car was parked in front of the home. Mary’s husband, Ken Frederick was in Colorado with their son Will, at the time of her disappearance.
Mary had recently left her position at the Department of Health and Rehab Services to attend Stetson University Law School, and was said to be a dedicated mom and student.

• Date Of Birth: March 13, 1957
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 36 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5’3″; 125-135 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Red, curly hair; blue to hazel eyes. Glasses or contacts.
  • Marks, Scars: Two TMJ surgeries on her right jaw, the last surgery two months before her disappearance.
  • mary_hill-frederick.png

Mary Carol Hill-Frederick
  • MCFredrick.jpg

Mary Carol Hill-Frederick
In a statement to The Tampa Tribune in 1995, Mary’s husband Ken Frederick wrote that he doesn’t believe Hill is alive and suspects a person “known to us, who took her from our home.” Without elaborating, Frederick maintains he has “information [that] further indicates the manner of her death and the reasons why that person, in spite of the extreme suffering of so many others, chooses not to speak the truth concerning his involvement. “His is an act of absolute cruelty, betrayal and cowardice,” the husband wrote. “I will never abandon the search.”
Frederick says at this point he wants some type of closure. “For all the good that Mary Carol has been in this world,” he wrote, “she deserves, at the very least, a respectful burial.”
The Doe Network: Case File 1218DFFL
Mary Carol Hill Fredrick – The Charley Project
Cold Cases in Tampa, Florida - Diane Capri - Licensed to Thrill

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members