MN MN - LeeAnna Warner, 5, Chisholm, 14 June 2003

Have there been any updates at all on Leanna's disappearance??

I can't get this little girl out of my mind...if anyone has heard any reports in the last couple of weeks, please post!!

Thanks!

Aussie

I can't remember whether this was posted before the forums were down but this is from August 3rd. It's kind of long but it talks about when they 'finally' decided on the possibility of it being a stranger abduction and strategies they've used to see if she's connected to any other cases, etc.

Missing LeeAnna: A family endures while authorities struggle for answers
Jill Burcum, Star Tribune

Published August 3, 2003

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4021285.html

I was looking for that article last night...

a few things that caught my eye in the article was

""We're not perfect," said Chris Warner, a heavy-equipment mechanic at the nearby taconite mine. "But we have nothing to hide.""

so the mapquest location I had posted before showing the processing plant is right next to were Chris LeeAnna's father worked, could it actually be someone he works with?

there is still no mention of the man in the neighborhood with the star tattoo on his arm.

the article doesn't mention LeeAnna was last seen running down the street chasing a little black dog.

"Chris and Kaelin Warner said they have been interviewed numerous times by law enforcement officers and were told that they are "cleared." They said officers told them that's why the couple has not been asked to undergo lie-detector tests."

the pickup truck mentioned in the neighborhood was brown, I still haven't seen anything about a light blue one with a trailer hitch.

The Rock The Range Festival was going on that weekend, and we still haven't heard how closely they've checked out the people that were there from for the concert.

They were at the lake before going home the evening LeeAnna disappeared, does anyone remember anyone suspicious out there watching the Warners?

I'm betting the perp is someone the whole family knows. That's just my gut. They came into contact in the recent past.

I think the perp is someone the family knows as well.

A little girl goes missing and nobody notices...

Could it be a neighbour???

Aussie

I told myself I wasn't gonna post here anymore (regarding Leanna) as it was too upsetting..1) that a 5yr. old has been missing and absolutely no coverage on her has been in my area (ie. NJ/NEast); 2) The parents (now I learn that they felt 4 hours of her missing was not worthy of 911 being that their little girl was very "friendly" and could be anywhere innocently???

What 5 yr. old is not friendly and curious? Why would a parent allow a 5yr. to be "anywhere" for 4 hours innocently if she was only 5? These "parents" regularly did not know where she was for lengths of time on end as normal?

I tend to think the perp does live in that area, doesn't take the sharpest knife in the drawer to get a clue this child was an easy target. And yes, I feel these parents SHOULD hold blame for allowing this to happen. THE perp is a perp regardless of these parents negligence but she was not taken from her home she was when she was all by herself, in broad daylight and they a good 4 hours to get the hell out of there w/not a trace of evidence. Even the neighbors were so used to seeing her alone they didn't do anything.

I'm done..unfortunately don't see this little angel coming back any time soon. NO EXCUSE IN THIS DAY AND AGE PARENTS?!!!!

Just a little story I was told the other day that amazed me.

My FIL was walking to school in OROVILLE (if you can believe that), when a car stopped by a little girl standing by her driveway (large acre land houses). The girl screamed, and intead of running toward her house, or to the bus stop where the other kids were heading, she ran into the field opposite her driveway. The guy gets out of his car and chases the little girl into the field, pulling down his pants on the run. The girl was actually running towards her father, who was digging a hole in the field (FIL couldn't remember what it was for), so he couldn't be seen in the tall grass, in the hole. The little girl jumped over her father's head, and the guy chasing her fell in the hole...with Dad. Wasn't much left of the guy's parts from the story, and I wouldn't be surprised.

The whole story boils down to this guy was from 80 miles away, and cruised the small rural communities, looking for a victim. It didn't matter who, but if some child was in the wrong place at the time this piece of $%^# came by, he'd grab them. This was 45+ years ago, but no one knew because there was no massive television coverage, small town newspapers didn't pass the information on to other papers, and there was no internet.

People say it's different now, you have to be extra careful. It doesn't look too different, we just didn't KNOW we had to be careful back then.

Ghostwheel,

What a classic story!!! Thanks for sharing it!

And yes, you're right. We are all aware of the dangers that lurk these days, and know better than to let our children roam the streets for hours without checking up on them.

Aussie

I'll admit that I agree the parents' lackadaisical bordering on negligient attitude is disturbing, imo. But what also bothers me is LE in this case. There's a paragraph in the article that I cited above that I wanted to quote but I can't right now because the Star Tribune website won't open for me so I'll have to quote it later. But anyway, it's something like they were talking about why they didn't issue an Amber Alert and one of the reasons they gave is because stranger abductions, according "to statistics", are supposedly rare so they were trying to claim it was natural for them to rule out the family first and rule out the possibility of her just being lost on her own before issuing an Amber Alert.

I mean, give me a break. I felt like I was reading the details of a disappearance from the days of yore on the cold case network. While it may be true that "stranger abductions" are "rare" by statistical data and family-related/someone known abductions are more common - the fact still stands that stranger abductions do happen however "rare" they may be. And even if it wasn't technically a "stranger", someone "familiar" could merely mean a neighbor or someone from their church, etc. etc - it still would have helped to have issued an Amber Alert regardless of whether the person involved was even remotely familiar to LeeAnna.
As soon as LE found out that the family and neighbors had searched already for a few hours to no avail - they should have issued an Amber Alert asap! So, overall, I don't think the parents are the only ones to blame for the negligience here (although if she was allowed to go out like that regularly, I do agree that someone could have caught on to that pattern of her being alone). It sounds like LE was equally to blame as soon as they got involved in the situation. I completely understand the need to rule out family members; but, it is absolutely ridiculous that in this day and age they weren't savvy enough to be ruling out the possibility of a stranger abduction from the get-go too - especially since she was so young because they can't even try to claim that they thought she was a runaway or some cr@p like that.

I agree Ghostwheel. And there is never any news! Every morning, almost the first thing I do when I get up is the search the news for articles on Leanna. Nothing!

Somebody knows something. Maybe somebody just has an acquaintance who changed their appearance or began acting oddly or disappeared after Leanna was taken. If there were constant reminders in the media, this person might be guilted into tipping LE to their suspicions.

It's like she has just disappeared and life goes on... but where the **** is she?

The Star Tribune has this new article today. I can't personally get their website to open at this moment...though here's the link and intro:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4045034.html
The LeeAnna Warner abduction
Chisholm, Minnesota
Sunday service planned for missing 5-year-old -- (Star-Tribune) LeeAnna's grandmother, Lois Warner, said the service, which will begin at 7 p.m., is not a memorial service. Instead, it's "to give a message of hope that we have not given up, that we have faith that she's coming back home."

Thanks for posting the link Up2theminute. I was wondering why I didn't find the Star Tribute article this morning when I searched. Then I figured out that I was searching for "Leanna". Her name is actually spelled "LeeAnna". When I searched with the correct spelling, I found the article. But still, no news for a week or so, until today.

Just my opinion...

It seems to me that there has not been enough effort to find this child. Even the parents and the grandparents don't seem as concerned as they should be. I would think that if school is supposed to start soon, wouldn't she be going to school this year? Someone needs to register this child. I would get bulletins out to the Supt. of Schools at least in the surrounding states. I can't believe these people that just let a child wander off like this.

This case truly has me baffled. I too find it reprehensible the child was gone for four hours and the parents didn't check--I don't let my seven year old go next door, for pete's sake. And my older daughter has to call as soon as she gets to a friend's house, if she doesn't, I get in the car, go looking for her, and pick her up to bring her home.

So far, I've only had to do that once to remind her that she HAS to call me, so I know right away if she got there okay. (and that's less than a block away.)

Just makes me sick.

The Amber Alert should have been issued. It shouldn't be up to LE to decide who took the child, before they issue the alert. :mad:

I truly do not get it. Laci Peterson disappears and every national news agency in the country devotes hours to her story for months on end. LeeAnna Warner disappears and there is virtually no news, no attention, for weeks. She is a helpless child who was heading off to do the most innocent of childhood past times - skipping barefoot to her friend's house to play, hopefully not a care in the world. She is snatched, disappears into thin air. Oh, well. No interest, no attention.

I know the reason is that LeeAnna would not attract the viewers, etc., that Laci attracted. But maybe, just maybe, someone who had some information which could lead to LeeAnna's whereabouts would see the story, toss and turn that night in bed, and the next morning, call the police with a tip that just might bring LeeAnna home.

Let me be the first to say that I have been as interested in Laci's story as anyone. It has really touched a nerve with me. It is heartbreaking, truly. It is what brought me to this forum to begin with. I just wish that LeeAnna would get a fraction of the attention Laci got. I wish that all missing people would get that attention so that they could be brought home and give their families closure.

Just my opionion....

Juliana, you took the words right out of my mouth! I too have followed the Laci Peterson case from the get go. I have at times felt guilty while I have been watching, reading and thinking about Laci and Conner. I know there are so many missing loved ones out there who don't get a drop of the attention they have gotten. Don't get me wrong-I don't begrudge them that whatsoever, I just wish others would get some of the same.

Recently(can't remember where) I came across a story online about an african-american girl abt. 12 years old who was abducted and murdered. Body found in the water decomposing. Never heard a word about it even tho it was a four hour ride from my house. Seems the guy who took her was her mother's boyfriend who was previously convicted of raping his sister's friend while she spent the night at their house. The first time she was allowed to sleep over at someones house, by the way-how sad. A few years later he's out of prison and nowhe's killing...ugh!

Someone on WS in the past suggested a channel devoted to missing people. I think that would be awesome. With all the wealthy sports stars, celebrities and business people donating, I think it would be a breeze to start something like that.

I also agree with many of the other posts, I think the behavior of the parents and LE is suspicious.

My opinion only...

I think the fascination with Lacy Peterson is it's a prime time Lifetime movie in the making. Sex, drugs, affair, good looking husband....yada yada.

I agree with Julianna that this precious innocent child should get as much if not MORE coverage. Actually Lacy has been found, THIS CHILD HAS NOT! It's pretty obvious the husband was involved with her and Connor...NOONE HAS A CLUE for this innocent child? Someone on this thread called the police in that town to see why there was no coverage and they acted like they had their heads up their butt and basically said they had "no new information"? HEY GET A CLUE...THEY HAVE NEVER HAD ANY INFORMATION!@!!!!!!

All I can say is Danielle made headlines because her PARENTS kept her in the news. They hired an marketing advertising company, solicited every Child Advocacy agency group they could find, contacted the media and KEPT IT IN THE NEWS despite their lifestyle choices.

I also have tremendous respect for the cops out their in San Diego for being so diligent and going into the neighbors houses IMMEDIATELY and wasting no time to "think about it". Sadly there are still too many police around our nation who still believe that when crimes happen it's only their business and "they will get to it when they can" but then never do because their are so many missing people and their workload can't handle it?!!!

We need to stand up and realize that when stuff like this happens it's EVERYONE'S BUSINESS and the cops should not keep information to them selves. It is 99.9% the PUBLIC that brings missing people home and/or helps find who did it.

I am so sick and tired of these back woods police people who hold info "secretly" in the name of the investagation but also are the first ones to tell you they have too many cases and we have to just deal with their incompetence. Look at Ashley Pond...what idiots...they had the guy ...spoken from the first missing girl's mouth...she filed complaints of him...HE WAS SO GUILTY AND they never even investigated his house for months and at the cost of another innocent child and his son's girlfriend being raped.

Let's face it, cops are people like you and me...their is no standard that they have any sense. Look at the child welfare people...most of them don't even like children, never follow up on abuse complaints, put the kids right back in hideious homes and falsify paperwork so they don't have to think about visiting them? And we are supposed to sit back and "trust" THEY ARE HERE TO HELP CHILDREN.

Sorry for rambling but this makes me so mad. I believe in getting the word out to anyone..including evidence and everything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back