Jackie Chan isn't a fan of 'Rush Hour'

Dark Knight

Reaction score
It's the movie that put Jackie Chan in the major leagues in the United States, but the Hong Kong star isn't a fan of his successful action comedy franchise "Rush Hour."

Chan said when he made the first installment of the "Rush Hour" series in 1998 he only wanted to test the U.S. market and didn't have high hopes.
"When we finished filming, I felt very disappointed because it was a movie I didn't appreciate and I did not like the action scenes involved. I felt the style of action was too Americanized and I didn't understand the American humor," Chan said in a blog entry on his Web site seen Sunday.

The actor said he made the sequel because he was offered an "irresistible" amount of money to do it and made the third installment, which was released recently, to satisfy fans of the series.

Chan said "Rush Hour 3" was no different from the first two installments for him.

"Nothing particularly exciting stood out that made this movie special for me ... I spent four months making this film and I still don't fully understand the humor," he said, adding the comedic scenes may be lost on Asian audiences as well.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070930/ap_on_en_mo/chan_rush_hour&printer=1

Ummm can I take his place and get paid that "irresistable" amt. of money?
I absolutely loved part 1, didn't like part 2, and haven't seen part 3. I honestly don't even know that I am going to watch it. The trailers for it didn't look that great to me.

I saw 1,2 and 3. They are funny but not like ooooh so funny..know what I mean? Like I wouldnt go out and buy them on dvd but we had nothing better to do on a friday night and that is what was playing. I had a few laughs.

Well Jackie,

You certainly entertain my husband during his Rush Hour marathons, which in turn gives me not only peace and quiet but also time on my computer when I'm not working or away somewhere.

I salute you!

Sami

Wow. He doesn't understand comedy??? I know he knows how to laugh cause he's doing that all the way to the bank...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back