FL FL - Nancy Brown, 25, Cocoa Beach, 6 June 1983

Ms Suzanne

Reaction score
Hi

UNSOLVED MURDER OF NANCY KAY BROWN

May I please ask if any one knows more on her(Nancy Kay Brown).She came up missing in June 1983 one month before my sister came up missing and she was found murdered in 1984 in Canaveral Groves Florida in Brevard county.They both came up missing from the same area.from near the satelitte motel in Cocoa Beach Florida.She is on this website.

http://www.brevardsheriff.com/ciu/cold_cases.htm

suzanne

The original link no longer works. Here's an article which mentions Nancy Kay, and other cold case victims. Some cases might have been solved by now.

Police Still Tackling Brevard's Toughest Cases
August 7, 1988

[...]

-- Nancy K. Brown, 25, of Rantoul, Ill. Her remains were found dumped in Canaveral Groves in March 1984. She had disappeared June 6, 1983, while vacationing in Cocoa Beach

Unsolved Homicides : Brevard County Sheriff's Office
NancyBrown-150x150.jpg
Unsolved Homicide of Nancy Kay Brown

''On March 8, 1984, skeletal remains were found near a lake off Cangro Street in Canaveral Groves. The victim was later identified through dental records as Nancy Kay Brown of Rantoul, Illinois. Brown had been missing from Cocoa Beach since June 6, 1983.''

Any persons providing information in reference to this case may be eligible for a reward up to $5,000.00.''

Thread sometimes associated with Nancy's cold case..
FL - FL - Tammy Leppert, 18, Cocoa Beach, 6 July 1983

This is from 1990.

THE VICTIMS

THE VICTIMS
By: Laurin Sellers Of The Sentinel Staff

THE ORLANDO SENTINEL

Twenty nine deaths, some dating back to the 1970s, are being investigated by the Brevard Sheriff department's cold-case team.

- The skeletal remains of Nancy K. Brown, 25, who had just moved to Cocoa Beach from Rantoul, Ill., were discovered at the edge of a lake in Canaveral Groves on March 8, 1984. She had been reported missing from her Cocoa Beach residence nine months earlier. Officials believe she died from a blow to the head.

I noticed one report states Nancy was on vacation and another states she had recently moved to the area. I wonder what the source of each detail was/is. Vacation and relocating are two completely different things when it comes to a lifestyle. If she had relocated, where are her belongings? If she was on vacation, where was she staying?

Interesting the number of victims found in the Canaveral Groves. I lived within 45 minutes of this area in the 1980s. The cape area is still pretty remote. There were no tourists to speak of. This leads me to believe these crimes were committed by someone familiar with the area.

- On July 2, 1981, a half-buried skeleton was discovered in a wooded area between the St. Johns River and Interstate 95 near Canaveral Groves. The body, believed to be that of a 45to 55-year-old man, has never been identified. Officials believe he was stabbed to death.

- On Aug. 26, 1988, a 52-year-old housewife was reported kidnapped from the Mister Donut in Cocoa. Her body was found a short time later in a remote area of Canaveral Groves.

I noticed one report states Nancy was on vacation and another states she had recently moved to the area. I wonder what the source of each detail was/is. Vacation and relocating are two completely different things when it comes to a lifestyle. If she had relocated, where are her belongings? If she was on vacation, where was she staying?

On the newspaper article I posted it says she was on vacation with her family. She went for a walk and never returned

Here is the newspaper article from when her remains were found: 11 Mar 1984, Page 1B - Florida Today at Newspapers.com
This mentions the vacationing story not the relo story. On vacation with her mother, goes for a walk on the beach and doesn't return. The sunset at that time of year would have been about 8:00-8:30pm.

She’s a Purdue Univ grad, worked in Los Angelos, CA as a bookkeeper and was from IL.

Attachments

• 27858BD4-EBDC-4AC2-B673-285715C5FDE3.jpeg
    27858BD4-EBDC-4AC2-B673-285715C5FDE3.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 5
On the newspaper article I posted it says she was on vacation with her family. She went for a walk and never returned
Thanks for posting this. Is there anything noteworthy on the continued story, page 3B?

Yes, I wonder if there is any way to find that report
Perhaps a request thru the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and that may cost money but I can’t say for sure. I wonder if this would be in addition to an autopsy report.

Hi

UNSOLVED MURDER OF NANCY KAY BROWN

May I please ask if any one knows more on her(Nancy Kay Brown).She came up missing in June 1983 one month before my sister came up missing and she was found murdered in 1984 in Canaveral Groves Florida in Brevard county.They both came up missing from the same area.from near the satelitte motel in Cocoa Beach Florida.She is on this website.

http://www.brevardsheriff.com/ciu/cold_cases.htm

suzanne
ETA: My bad. I see now the link to Tammy. I will read up on her too.

Hi, is there a thread for your sister and I just missed a clue with that info? Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back