OH - Plea for corruption investigation in Ohio to Dept of Justice

Widow

.I.P. Donnie, Dave, Melinda, Clayton, Lesa, James:
Reaction score
Website
triplehomicide.proboards55.com http
We are a group of families with cases of horrific corruption in a small county in Ohio, including 7 deaths in 5 cases with involvement by authorities. I will be presenting our cases elsewhere on this forum, but would like to start by sharing a press release we have just issued this week. We have submitted nearly 1,000 pages of documents and witness statements to the Department of Justice and we desperately need help from higher authorities and investigative journalists.
Widow
(We own the copyright to this press release and are therefore copying the entire release here.)

--------------------------------------------------

Dozens of cases alleging corruption in Preble County, Ohio, have resulted in a class action complaint addressed to the Department of Justice. Allegations include acts of intimidation, harassment, retaliation, false charges, deals for false witnesses, evidence/document destruction, drugs and homicides.

The county of 42,000 citizens has a high number of cases with peculiar and questionable circumstances. The complaint alleges citizens in Preble County have been subject to official wrongdoing for over twenty years by a specific group of authorities, suggesting the acts of wrongdoing could possibly fall under the RICO Act. Additionally, many cases are alleged to have been carried out “under the color of law”, meaning crimes were committed while officials were acting in their official capacity.

Websites and local online forums hint of a sinister underbelly of corruption. A victim shot in the head, wrapped in sheets, partially burned then buried under floorboards declared a suicide. A triple homicide, “unsolved”, with terrified whisperings in the county of participation by authorities. A murder, with a man serving time in prison, and the likely perpetrators remain uninvestigated and rumored to have close relationships with authorities. A “drug raid” on a young man’s home, organized and led by a deputy whose wife had flirted with the young man. The raid netted a few prescribed pain pills, a small amount of marijuana and a pipe. The young man died from a bullet to the chest as he came walking down the stairs with a blue beverage cup in his hand. Authorities insist he was carrying a gun.

Authorities remain steadfast in their claim that citizens are “roused up” due to area rumors and activity on local websites and forums. Victims and their survivors have congregated on the web, and have presented an impressive body of work consisting of news accounts, witness statements and court documents. Sheriff Mike Simpson and County Prosecutor Martin Votel have asserted the position that anyone is welcome to approach them with information about a case. The complaint to Washington suggests a fear of sharing information with local investigators. Further issues in the complaint allege supervisors know or have been given evidence of wrongdoing and have not properly addressed or investigated certain authorities.

Years ago frustrated citizens created the Preble County Citizen’s Task Force Against Corruption. Many came to meetings or shared information with organizers long distance by mail. There amassed an unsettling amount of alleged wrongdoing, and incredible stories of devastated lives and families. Guy Scott Sr., founder of the Task Force, is hoping to see the new prosecutor in Preble County indicate a desire to “clean the place up”.

Websites and local forums were created by citizens and have gained a nationwide audience. A documentary has been filmed on one of the cases and at least two books are in progress. Media attention is desired and investigative journalists are invited to contact Preble County Citizen’s Task Force Against Corruption at preble.homicide@gmail.com.
http://www.talkeaton.com/showthread.php?t=1038
http://triplehomicide.proboards55.com/
http://www.talkeaton.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37
http://www.clearbillyscott.com/
http://murder-preblecounty.blogspot.com/

CONTACT INFORMATION
PCCTFAC Organization

preble.homicide@gmail.com

Jeana, we are forever grateful for being allowed a presence on WebSleuths, thank you so much!

May we all find comfort, peace and justice in the near future.
Widow

I sincerely hope that there is a shakedown in that town. Unless you are involved it seems far fetched that corruption could take place but it does happen in this day and age and the sooner it is dealt with and stopped the better.

Good luck in getting this taken care of.

Welcome, Widow. I wish you the best of luck. I also hope you and yours stay safe. How scary to live in an environment like that.

My girlfriend lived in a small town with a corrupt police agency. She couldn't wait to get out of there. They moved around a lot because her hubby was in the Coast Guard, and this was the only place they had trouble. (Not in Ohio)

Preble County - wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preble_County,_Ohio

Demographics
Preble County

As of the census² of 2000, there were 42,337 people, 16,001 households, and 12,144 families residing in the county. The population density was 38/km² (100/mi²). There were 17,186 housing units at an average density of 16/km² (40/mi²). The racial makeup of the county was 98.47% White, 0.32% Black or African American, 0.21% Native American, 0.26% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.11% from other races, and 0.60% from two or more races. 0.43% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

There were 16,001 households out of which 34.20% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 63.50% were married couples living together, 8.50% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.10% were non-families. 20.60% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.90% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.62 and the average family size was 3.02.

In the county, the population was spread out with 26.00% under the age of 18, 7.70% from 18 to 24, 28.70% from 25 to 44, 24.40% from 45 to 64, and 13.20% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 99.30 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.70 males.

The median income for a household in the county was $42,093, and the median income for a family was $47,547. Males had a median income of $35,313 versus $23,573 for females. The per capita income for the county was $18,444. About 4.50% of families and 6.10% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.00% of those under age 18 and 6.10% of those age 65 or over.

Municipalities
College Corner
Camden
Eaton
Eldorado
Gratis
Lewisburg
New Paris
Verona
West Alexandria
West Elkton
West Manchester

Townships
Dixon
Gasper
Gratis
Harrison
Israel
Jackson
Jefferson
Lanier
Monroe
Somers
Twin
Washington

Other locality
Fairhaven

Thank you for such a wonderful welcome!

BobbisAngel - this little county has suffered under the free will of a "good ole boy" network for at least 2 decades. You would not believe the fearful warnings we get from citizens not to ask questions or make waves. It is an incredible situation and we are desperate to have our story known.

TaxiMom - I am safely away in another state. My husband was raised in this county and we were moving our young family back there (3 children) to get away from the big city I live in. My husband left ahead of us to attain work and a house, and I never saw him again.

Buzzm1 - thank you for the stats. It is scary to think of the high number of cases alleging wrongdoing, and the small population. Angering certain authorities or having information concerning wrongdoing makes your chances of survival there not very good...

Jaded - thank you so much for your interest. I have incredible and damning documents proving our allegations of corruption, and will begin posting them little by little. They can all be viewed on the websites mentioned at the bottom of the press release.

I am so happy to have found this website and already feel as if there may be hope after all.

Widow

Welcome! I have been checking out the links and I am blown away. I will be spending a lot of time following up on this thread. Can I ask, if you are Tai's mom?

SuziQ - yes, I am. Tai was one year old when her dad died in the triple homicide.

I appreciate your interest. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Widow

Widow, I am so sorry for your loss. If I may ask, is his death one of the suspicious ones?

My condolences on you loss Widow. It's quite overwhelming to read of such injustice in a relatively small area. I'm glad you're no longer there. Do take care & welcome to websleuths.

Widow, have you tried taking up a petition and getting as many signatures as you can. In the petition should be an outline of some of the wrongdoing that you believe has occurred (list victims names) and a request to have the FBI investigate for any wrongdoing. Don't actually accuse any person or office, keep it general so they cannot come back on you. The time to get more specific is when the investigation occurs.
Send a copy of the petition to
The Govenor
The Attorney General
and all state and federal elected representatives for your area.
If you can, hand carry as many of the petitions to the offices as possible.

Getting the government to move is sometimes slow. Wait about a month, then followup with phone calls to the offices. If you see the officials out in public like at functions then bring the subject up. (One way to 'meet' the officals is to join one of the clubs- either Democrat or Rep.
Good luck!

SuziQ - yes, I am. Tai was one year old when her dad died in the triple homicide.

I appreciate your interest. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Widow

I am so sorry for the loss your family suffered.

FBI was investigating the triple years ago (before we had all the information and witnesses) and was not able to complete the investigation.

We have recently attempted to hand over privately-collected informtion to the FBI, but they received so much response they were overwhelmed and quickly put a stop to it. They told a victim's family that they were not going to look into anything unless the Dept. of Justice ordered them to.

FBI was investigating the triple years ago (before we had all the information and witnesses) and was not able to complete the investigation.

We have recently attempted to hand over privately-collected informtion to the FBI, but they received so much response they were overwhelmed and quickly put a stop to it. They told a victim's family that they were not going to look into anything unless the Dept. of Justice ordered them to.
ll

I read a blog called http://behindthebluewall.blogspot.com/. Many, many cases of corruption in Ohio are discussed there. You definitly need to check this out.

Susan

Try the link again, I think it is fixed.

TGI, the link takes me to a 'Page Not Found'.

Widow, welcome. That's scary stuff. I hope the truth will come out. Best of luck! I'm in Ohio myself but was 'transplanted' here and have never heard of this county. I hope it's far from me...

Widow, I wish you the best of luck and hope that the media takes this on.

I greatly appreciate the sites everyone has shared with me. We want to get our story known everywhere possible.

Everyone's words of encouragement mean so much, thank you!

We are beginning to post information on the individual cases of corruption in Preble County in the COLD CASES category, and our thread can be seen here...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54167
Widow

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb