LA LA - Clinton Nelson, 21, Haughton, 1 Sept 2006

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071004/NEWS01/710040339/1060/NEWS01

$87,500 offered in missing man case

October 4, 2007

The reward for information about a man who went missing more than a year ago has increased to $87,500.

Let's Bring Them Home, a national nonprofit missing persons advocacy group, is offering $75,000 in the case of Clinton Devon Nelson, who would have been 22 on Aug. 9. He was last seen Sept. 1, 2006, leaving a Princeton area home on Ward Lane.

The reward is available only until Jan. 1.

"We know that there are probably at least one if not more people that know what happened to Clinton," his mother, Carolyn Johnson, said Wednesday in a telephone interview. "This is their chance to come forward and do the right thing and let us bring him home where he belongs."

Nelson moved from Spearfish, S.D., where his mother lives, to Haughton before he went missing.

Deputies were told Nelson was dropped off in a vehicle at a house party. He left on foot, and that is one of the few details investigators know.

more at link

pic

bilde

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1300&dept_id=374730&newsid=19122065&PAG=461&rfi=9

17 Dec 07

After work one day, Carolyn Johnson was driving home when her son called. He had recently started a new job in Louisiana and he told her stories about working on an oil rig and how much he loved it. They told each other "I love you."

That was 15 months ago.

It was the last time Carolyn talked to her son.

Clinton Devon Nelson, 21, of Spearfish went missing days later in Princeton, La. To this day, his family, friends, son and the Northern Hills community have no idea what happened to him or where he is.

Multiple leads have turned up wanting and many search efforts have produced nothing.

In January his family is organizing a new, massive search with law enforcement and search and rescue teams. They are looking for volunteers from the Northern Hills to volunteer to go to Louisiana to help.

They're also looking for $5,000 in order to provide food, lodging and transportation for the search and rescue teams. They need this money by Jan. 1, 2008.

more at link

I hope LE checked out all the individuals who were present at the house party he was dropped off at. If he had an altercation with someone there, and left on foot, then it wouldn't be a good scenario..

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=7740044&nav=0RY5

18 Jan 08

Members of three national missing persons groups will be in Haughton--possibly through the weekend--to help with the search for a missing man.

Clinton Nelson, 21, was last seen in September, 2006, at a home in the 800 block of Ward Lane.

and

Members of Texas EquuSearch, Let's Bring Them Home and the Kristen Foundation began arriving in the area Thursday afternoon. At 9 a. m. Friday, they plan to begin a shoulder-to-shoulder search of the neighborhood, covering a five mile radius around the home where Nelson was last seen. The search will continue until about 4:30 p. m., and may resume on Saturday and Sunday, if necessary, according to a worker with Texas EquuSearch.

The groups are in need of volunteers. Anyone who wants to help is asked to show up at the Bossier Parish Fire Station on Highway 157 near Highway 80 at 8 a. m. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old with valid identification. They also are advised to wear long pants, bright colored shirts and closed toe shoes.

more at link

(Bolding is mine.)

Has there been any updates on Clinton's case?

Not finding any updates on Charley Project or google search.
Thinking of you Mr Clinton Nelson.
Where can you be??

Today is Clinton's birthday.....Prayers being said for Clinton and his family...May God bring you home to those that love and miss you so very much.

Clinton was on Disappeared Monday. Interesting story. What I found bizzare was how the events kept changing and the father was holding back info. Maybe protecting Clinton but I would think he would want to be forth coming with everything to help find his son.

Clinton was on Disappeared Monday. Interesting story. What I found bizzare was how the events kept changing and the father was holding back info. Maybe protecting Clinton but I would think he would want to be forth coming with everything to help find his son.

Finally trying to get caught up on my DVR, and just watched the episode. I think the father feels very guilty. He knew that there was major drug use going on at that house and did nothing to protect his 21 year old son.

Being from Louisiana myself I think he probably overdosed and was disposed of because of the Laws in Louisiana. Louisiana is backwards state that still uses the Napoleon Code. Louisiana has more inmates per capita then anywhere else in the world. His friend would have gotten life without parole of hard labor (its really slave type labor here in the fields) if Clinton overdosed on drugs he supplied. Some parishes give life without parole here for your 3rd or 4th time you get caught with a joint of grass... they did it just recently here. But as I said we are backwards because there was a kid where I went to college who was so drunk at a bar ; that he decided as he was leaving to play chicken with his friends that were walking home and ended up running over all them. Three died (including his roomate) two seriously injured and he drives another block home and falls asleep like nothing happened. His punishment was a slap on the wrist five years he will get out in less than that with good time.

I don't think he was thinking about helping Clinton. He has held back info and there was so much that the show did not say about him being there at the party.

Being from Louisiana myself I think he probably overdosed and was disposed of because of the Laws in Louisiana. Louisiana is backwards state that still uses the Napoleon Code. Louisiana has more inmates per capita then anywhere else in the world. His friend would have gotten life without parole of hard labor (its really slave type labor here in the fields) if Clinton overdosed on drugs he supplied. Some parishes give life without parole here for your 3rd or 4th time you get caught with a joint of grass... they did it just recently here. But as I said we are backwards because there was a kid where I went to college who was so drunk at a bar ; that he decided as he was leaving to play chicken with his friends that were walking home and ended up running over all them. Three died (including his roomate) two seriously injured and he drives another block home and falls asleep like nothing happened. His punishment was a slap on the wrist five years he will get out in less than that with good time.

I think you are probobly right! I have even told LE that I don't care about anyone going to jail and that I just want to give my son a proper burial. However, there have been leads indicating foul play. Because of this they will not take the possible jail time off of the table.

I think you are probobly right! I have even told LE that I don't care about anyone going to jail and that I just want to give my son a proper burial. However, there have been leads indicating foul play. Because of this they will not take the possible jail time off of the table.

Praying that you and your family will find some peace soon...

Is it possible for them to grant blanket immunity from all prosecution to anyone who comes forward to tell what happened? It's possible someone would come forward and have evidence. The way I understand the laws, if I had even stopped by the party and had evidence he did anything, say I heard him say he was going to Alaska, I would give no statement to the police. Anything you say can be used against you. If they have evidence he died of drugs, they could potentially charge anyone who stopped by there as a potential source of the drugs.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back