GUILTY MS - Michael, 27, Rebecca, 29, & James Hargon, 4, murdered, Yazoo County, 14 Feb 2004

smellsarat

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Police suspect three bodies found are those of missing Mississippi family...Too sad....But expected they were gone....

Relative Charged With Murder Of Missing Family
3 Capital Murder Counts Filed Against Earnest Lee Hargon

UPDATED: 6:47 p.m. EST March 1, 2004

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/2885222/detail.html?treets=la&tml=la_8pm&ts=T&tmi=la_8pm_1_10000103012004 :( :( :(

YAZOO CITY, Miss. -- A relative has been charged with three counts of murder in the disappearance of a Mississippi family.

Earnest Lee Hargon has been charged with capital murder in the deaths of Michael and Rebecca Hargon and their 4-year old son, James Patrick. The family has been missing since Feb. 14. Earnest Hargon is Michael Hargon's adopted cousin.

A funeral home van was seen leaving the search area for a missing Mississippi family, but authorities aren't saying whether any bodies have been found.

Investigators swarmed over property in rural Covington County Monday, searching for clues in the disappearance of the family. As they did so, a court hearing for Earnest Hargon, who was facing other felony charges, was delayed. He was arrested on drug and firearms possession charges over the weekend.

"Basically, we have had some new developments that have come to light in the last 10 minutes to 15 minutes which are putting the proceedings here on hold temporarily," said Warren Strain, the highway patrol spokesman.

Investigators had completed one search of Earnest Hargon's wooded property near Taylorsville, Miss. It includes a veterinary clinic where his wife works as a veterinarian.

Investigators have also been checking land that Michael Hargon recently inherited from his uncle to determine if there's any link to the disappearance.

Earnest Hargon was being held without bond Monday. Capital murder is punishable by death in Mississippi. :mad:

How very sad. This story has gotten a lot of coverage around here because the wife is originally from this area, Poplar Bluff Missouri, her parents and other relatives still live here but are down there now. The uncle said tonight on the local news that they are making funeral arrangements down there but plan to also hold a memorial service up here for family and friends.
A beautiful family wiped out because of greed and anger!!! The little 4 year old boy was so beautiful. He's with the angels now.

This is so sad. I kept hoping that just maybe they would be found alive. How anybody can kill is beyond me, but especially a child. Prayers for them.
Joan

http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=3016572

(Video)
Glancy believes any possible conflict between Earnest Lee and Michael was over Benny Fisher, a longtime family employee at the Madison County farm.
"He was probably closer to him than a brother would be," Glancy says about his stepson.
Fisher and Earnest Lee spent years avoiding Hargon's father, who Glancy claims was a heavy drinker.
"(Hargon) and Benny hid from him. He was abusive."
Glancy says the will demanded that Fisher was cared for.
"What I think is that, I've heard rumors , that Earnest went up there (Hargon home) to talk to Michael about Benny. Benny was not being treated properly. I'm sure there was a confrontation and things just went from bad to worse."

Newswolf said:
http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=3016572

(Video)
Glancy believes any possible conflict between Earnest Lee and Michael was over Benny Fisher, a longtime family employee at the Madison County farm.
"He was probably closer to him than a brother would be," Glancy says about his stepson.
Fisher and Earnest Lee spent years avoiding Hargon's father, who Glancy claims was a heavy drinker.
"(Hargon) and Benny hid from him. He was abusive."
Glancy says the will demanded that Fisher was cared for.
"What I think is that, I've heard rumors , that Earnest went up there (Hargon home) to talk to Michael about Benny. Benny was not being treated properly. I'm sure there was a confrontation and things just went from bad to worse."

Oh so the killing of the family was justified? WHEW!!!!!!! Thats a relief!!!! They should set him free and call it a day....................... :bang:

tybee204 said:
Earnest Hargon has been found guilty and sentenced to death.

Archived Forum read only
http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41
As a newbie here, I would like to point out that due to MS state laws, he gets an automatic appeal. Our news was reporting there is a state law that requires an automatic appeal on any death sentence, not sure how it is elsewhere.

Also, I cant really say much about this, since I was employed by one of the agencies responsible for his imprisonment, and I dealt with him on a one on one basis almost daily, but I can say this.
When he arrived into custody, he was a very thin man, and has gained much weight while in jail. I spoke with him and refuse to believe that he could be so dismissive of the situation. When he would speak to you, it was like he wasnt in jail, hadnt killed anyone, he spoke (deferentially) but pretty much like he was just in a very restrictive gated community.

Im not sure what else I can legally say, and I have probably crossed the line of legality anyway, but if I have, I apologize and feel free to remove any comments that crossed legal lines.

InjuredOfficer said:
As a newbie here, I would like to point out that due to MS state laws, he gets an automatic appeal. Our news was reporting there is a state law that requires an automatic appeal on any death sentence, not sure how it is elsewhere.

Also, I cant really say much about this, since I was employed by one of the agencies responsible for his imprisonment, and I dealt with him on a one on one basis almost daily, but I can say this.
When he arrived into custody, he was a very thin man, and has gained much weight while in jail. I spoke with him and refuse to believe that he could be so dismissive of the situation. When he would speak to you, it was like he wasnt in jail, hadnt killed anyone, he spoke (deferentially) but pretty much like he was just in a very restrictive gated community.

Im not sure what else I can legally say, and I have probably crossed the line of legality anyway, but if I have, I apologize and feel free to remove any comments that crossed legal lines.

Just wanted to say "hi" and welcome, Newbie! :dance:

:( Just heard this tonight on the local news:(

Another Tragedy for Hargon Family

More tragedy for the Hargon family in Yazoo County. WLBT News has learned the 26-year-old sister of murder victim Michael Hargon has died at University Medical Center.
Jennifer Jenkins McBride was taken to the hospital early Monday morning and died Monday afternoon.

Yazoo County Sheriff James Williams tells WLBT his office is waiting for autopsy results to determine the cause of death.

Jennifer Hargon represented her family during the murder trial of Earnest Lee Hargon who was convicted and sentenced to death in December of last year for killing his cousin Michael, his wife Rebecca and their four-year-old son James Patrick. Their mother, 51-year-old Diana Hargon died of colon cancer a month before the murder trial began. Their father was murdered 12 years ago in a store robbery.

MsPooh said:
:( Just heard this tonight on the local news:(

Another Tragedy for Hargon Family

More tragedy for the Hargon family in Yazoo County. WLBT News has learned the 26-year-old sister of murder victim Michael Hargon has died at University Medical Center.
Jennifer Jenkins McBride was taken to the hospital early Monday morning and died Monday afternoon.

Yazoo County Sheriff James Williams tells WLBT his office is waiting for autopsy results to determine the cause of death.

Jennifer Hargon represented her family during the murder trial of Earnest Lee Hargon who was convicted and sentenced to death in December of last year for killing his cousin Michael, his wife Rebecca and their four-year-old son James Patrick. Their mother, 51-year-old Diana Hargon died of colon cancer a month before the murder trial began. Their father was murdered 12 years ago in a store robbery.

OMG!!! That poor family. I felt so bad for Jennifer when her mother died, because she had no family left (except her husband, kids?). Not that her husband and kids don't count, but you know what I mean. The only thing that I can find to say that's positive about this is, at least they are all reunited in Heaven. I don't know of any other family that has gone through so many tragedies.

MsPooh, did you hear what she died of? 26 is very young and I've never heard of her being sick before. I saw her obit today in the Clarion Ledger but it doesn't say the cause of death.

I haven't heard anything since the story aired the other night, they were awaiting autopsy results...26 is very young..this poor family has been through absolute hell.Are you here in Mississippi?

MsPooh said:
I haven't heard anything since the story aired the other night, they were awaiting autopsy results...26 is very young..this poor family has been through absolute hell.Are you here in Mississippi?

Yes I am and I've searched every online newpaper I can to find out what happened. Haven't been able to find out anything expcept the blurb from WLBT and today her obit was in the Clarion Ledger.

I can't imagine what Jennifer has gone through, I'd have lost my mind by now. Whatever she had that caused her to die, I hope she didn't suffer because IMO she's had enough suffering over the last few years.

Ya know when Maggie announced it we were like "oh my"! It just isn't right, an entire family gone in such a short period of time, Ernest Hargon should be held responsible for Diane and Jennifer, they both died with broken hearts............God Bless Them.

MsPooh said:
Ya know when Maggie announced it we were like "oh my"! It just isn't right, an entire family gone in such a short period of time, Ernest Hargon should be held responsible for Diane and Jennifer, they both died with broken hearts............God Bless Them.

I know. :( Too much for one family to have to go through. Wasn't Jennifer married, and had a child(ren)? There wasn't anything in her obit, other than funeral arrangments/times. If you hear what happened, will you post it here? I'll do the same if I find out.

Yes I believe she got married either shortly before or after her brother and his family were found...not sure about kids.It is strange when Diane died it was all over the news, but they have been very quiet about Jennifer.I will definetly post if I hear anything.

I'm sitting here with my mouth hanging open. How sad. I can't help but wonder why...why this young lady couldn't have lived out her life with no more heartache. Why that whole family? They had already lived through one murder and then to lose Michael and his whole family. That poor mom probably did die of a broken heart after losing her husband and son to the hands of evil. I wish she could have lived long enough to see the killer sentenced to death. I wonder why Jennifer died....I hope that we hear why.
Maybe it is good that there are no more children in the family. Think what it would be like for another child to bear all of this alone. Sometimes I just don't understand why some things happen.

Has anyone heard the official word on Jennifer Hargon's death? I heard it was suicide. :( I had wondered about that, as she was young and seemingly in good health when the trial was going on 6 months ago.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070829/NEWS/708290387 ...much more at link

Earnest Lee Hargon, on death row since December 2005 for murdering a Vaughan couple and their young son, was killed Tuesday night by a fellow inmate in the state penitentiary's supermaximum-security unit for violent offenders.
"He was stabbed 30 times all over his face, head and body," said Sunflower County Coroner Douglas Card....
---------------------------------------------------------------
Karma is alive and well, this guy killed an entire family through murder and ultimately grief! I am so glad MY state isn't having to pay for him to live anymore, and I would love to write the guy that did this to him a thank you note.Is it bad for me to be so happy about this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back