Why Does Patsy need Christmas "more than anyone"?

K777angel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Patsy devoted an entire chapter in her book about herself titled: "You Need Christmas More Than Anyone."
I've always wondered why SHE needed Christmas "more than anyone."
It is a curious statement - not to mention the fact that she felt so strongly about it that she wrote an entire chapter attempting to elaborate on it.
I've wondered if this isn't some subconcious confession of hers for having a part in the crime/staging.
Here are some curious statements she makes in her chapter:

*"...how could we celebrate Christmas as a day of joy when we still had vivid nightmares of that night of death?"

*"In a strange and unexpected way, I had unconsciously woven death into
the fabric of our Christmas celebration." (by putting purple ribbon on the tree)

*"From somewhere in the stillness at the center of my being, a thought arose and drifted into my mind. Patsy Ramsey, you need Christmas more than anyone."

*"You need Christmas more than anyone Patsy."

*"Patsy, you of all people need Christmas."

I understand as a christian that Patsy is saying that if Christ had not been born - the reason we celebrate Christmas - we would have no hope of eternal life and therefore she would have no hope of being with and seeing JonBenet again.
BUT - I still feel there is another element to this chapter and to Patsy's "needing it more than anyone." More than John? More than Burke?

WHY does she feel she needs it, "more than anyone" and "of all people"??

I wonder what a forensic psychiatrist would have to say about this.

~Angel~

This is one of the keys to the case. It's all about Patsy. She's the author of those statements, she's the author of the crime. She comments on the meaning of red and blue and purple, the mixing of Advent and Lent, and the association of the life of Christ and her daughter's. This is symbolic thought particular to the understanding of one person.

Purple is the color of Jean Brodie. She was betrayed by a member of a small group. Christ was betrayed by a member of a small group. JonBenet was betrayed

Patsy needs Christmas more than anyone, ergo, the betrayal of Christ was for Patsy's sake. So was the betrayal of JonBenet.

Congratualtions K777angel on recognizing the importance of the written word in this crime.

BrotherMoon said:
This is one of the keys to the case. It's all about Patsy. She's the author of those statements, she's the author of the crime. She comments on the meaning of red and blue and purple, the mixing of Advent and Lent, and the association of the life of Christ and her daughter's. This is symbolic thought particular to the understanding of one person.

Purple is the color of Jean Brodie. She was betrayed by a member of a small group. Christ was betrayed by a member of a small group. JonBenet was betrayed

Patsy needs Christmas more than anyone, ergo, the betrayal of Christ was for Patsy's sake. So was the betrayal of JonBenet.

Congratualtions K777angel on recognizing the importance of the written word in this crime.

BrotherMoon - I don't follow your thinking. My thinking was that Patsy was consumed with some kind of "guilt" after the crime and she was saying that instead of wanting to ignore Christmas and all that it reminded her of with JonBenet's death - she needed to embrace the true meaning of it and that she NEEDED it. All of that is well and good. The part that makes you pause is when she says over and over that SHE needs it "more than anyone."
WHY?

BrotherMoon said:

Ditto! Excellent insight to you both! ... IMHO I believe Patsy "thoughts re:Xmas" are a major clue (as in death/reborn ... JonBenet was "dead/buried" on Patsy "Birthday"... :silenced:; as in died/resisin?

K777angel said:
BrotherMoon - I don't follow your thinking. My thinking was that Patsy was consumed with some kind of "guilt" after the crime and she was saying that instead of wanting to ignore Christmas and all that it reminded her of with JonBenet's death - she needed to embrace the true meaning of it and that she NEEDED it. All of that is well and good. The part that makes you pause is when she says over and over that SHE needs it "more than anyone."
WHY?

IMHO Patsy is in her own "world" and therefore she is it(she needs it) ... more than anyone??? IMHO ... she is trying to justify her actions(killing JonBenet) to her other parts/selves...believe it or not ;) ;) ;)

BrotherMoon said:

I disagree with you on another thread, but I agree with you here. I'm not familiar with advent and lent, but everything I've heard Patsy say seems to be all about her. It's so strange. I can't imagine her ever wanting to celebrate that holiday again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back