GUILTY UT - Ann Poulson, 68, found strangled in her Murray home, 6 Oct 2007

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
Police Looking for Person of Interest in Death of Murray Woman

An employee of the Deseret Morning News has been found dead in her home in Murray. Police think she was murdered.

and

Police say James William Tolbert is a person of interest, not a suspect.

Tolbert has a criminal history. He strangled his wife Janie Heller-Tolbert and dumped her body in the Jordan River. He was convicted in May 1987 and served 17 years behind bars.

The victim in this story, Ann Poulson, befriended Tolbert while doing volunteer church work at the Utah State Prison.

~much more at link~

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=1950218

Oh my gosh. That poor woman. I don't even have words.

Bless her heart. She seemed to be such a kind woman.

Sorry y'all. I see I spelled murder incorrectly in the title of the thread but I don't see a way to correct it.

Thank you to whoever changed my spelling in the title. : )

Aww she looked like such a nice lady..big question of the day is why was this guy let out of prison to begin with? I am sorry but if you take a life due to MURDER then you forfeit your own life..He should still be behind bars for the murder of his wife.

A friend, who did not want to be named for fear of retaliation, said Poulson once told her, "I feel like I have another son." Poulson also said Tolbert recently asked to stay at her home, and she told him no, the friend recounted. Tolbert also had begun to ask Poulson for money, the friend said.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_7144827

Ugh this guy makes me sick. Sounds like a mooching loser to me. :furious:

A friend, who did not want to be named for fear of retaliation, said Poulson once told her, "I feel like I have another son." Poulson also said Tolbert recently asked to stay at her home, and she told him no, the friend recounted. Tolbert also had begun to ask Poulson for money, the friend said.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_7144827

Aww she looked like such a nice lady..big question of the day is why was this guy let out of prison to begin with? I am sorry but if you take a life due to MURDER then you forfeit your own life..He should still be behind bars for the murder of his wife.

I agree. His sentence was five years to life. I think it should have been LWOP at the least.

That is a pretty pitiful sentence for murdering his wife! We have a rotten system in a lot of ways. How sad for this poor woman who thought she was doing something good in helping this killer. She was just to nice and it got her killed. He probably really put it on in front of her...poor misunderstood guy who got a bum rap:furious: She must have started to see him for what he was when he wanted to move in with her and was asking for money. I guess he couldn't cope with the word "no" and she lost her life because of it.
Hope they find him soon and throw his rear end right back in there for LWOP this time:furious:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back