PA - Michele Cossey for child endangerment, Plymouth Twp, 2007

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/11/student.arsenal.ap/index.html

A home-schooled teenager who felt bullied amassed a cache of guns, knives and hand grenades and tried to recruit another boy for a possible school attack, authorities said Thursday.

The 14-year-old was taken into custody after police searched his bedroom in a Philadelphia suburb on Wednesday evening. He had talked about mounting a Columbine-type attack at Plymouth Whitemarsh High School, authorities said.

The weapons included a 9mm assault rifle that the teenager's mother had recently bought for him, Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce L. Castor Jr. said. Prosecutors are reviewing her actions.

much more at link

(bolding is mine)

Another Mom of the Year...:slap:

Hoppy

sweet

I guess they were all out of grenade launchers?

I was a little confused about how a home schooler could be bullied by students in public school. Then I read that article and see this:

The teen previously attended middle school in the district but had been taught at home for more than a year after voluntarily leaving school, Castor said.

It sounds like he had problems before and they have continued since leaving. I'm sure he has contact with those students in some way.

What in the world was that mother thinking? When someone does something or says something stupid to me, my first thought ain't...ohhh let me go get my gun!

I'm just not understanding our world much these days.

:eek: Good gravy! That's just nuts! Why would anyone, much less a 14 yo, need stuff like that?

I don't think I even know any kids with that many toy guns in their toybox! Sheesh.

IM so glad that they got him before he did what he was thinking. Saved a bunch of lives on this one.

That is amazing :confused: Why in the world would parents allow their child to have a mass of guns like that? I gather it was alright with them as the mother bought him the worst of them all. I sure don't understand this at all.
I would bet that kid was going to use those guns, etc. He was asking another kid to join him and was putting together two more gernades.

I don't know if the other kids had made fun of him when he was in school but that is the complaint of many of the kids who have just "gone off" and shot kids and teachers at different schools. I wish the other students everywhere would get a grip and not torment their peers. I know it happens all of the time in every school. It isn't right and evidentally those kids that make fun of others have missed something in their upbringing. If a teacher had ever called me and told me that one of my kids was making another students life miserable they would have been in deep chit when they got home because they weren't raised that way. There is no excuse for it.

My son was 14 when he asked me to buy him a bb gun, and I refused because he wasn't mature enough. So he asked his dad (we're divorced) and got one for Christmas. Luckily he broke it about a month later, but it was a definite case of "I told you so".

I can't even begin to imagine why a parent would buy an assault rifle for her child. Talk about criminal endangerment.

What in the world is wrong with the parents buying that kid an assault gun? She needs locked up in a mental ward.Not only that what in the world did she think he was planning on doing with all the guns?
Somebody sure had to buy them.......

Can't put all the blame on the kid!! Folks are totally responsible in this case.

:doh: :doh: :slap: :slap: :slap:

"I do not think an attack was imminent and I am not certain that an attack was going to occur at all," District Attorney Bruce L. Castor Jr. said at a news conference. "It could have simply been big talking by a kid who thought that he was bullied previously and he was going to exact his revenge." :slap:

"The weapons found included a 9 mm assault rifle that the teenager's mother had recently bought for him, Castor said. Police also found about 30 air-powered guns, plus swords, knives, hand grenades, a bomb-making book, videos of the 1999 Columbine attack in Colorado and violence-filled notebooks. The weapons were plainly visible in the boy's bedroom, Castor said."

looks like this boy was planning for something big... glad the other young man told somebody, he should get a award :clap:

I have been listening to th is on the local news since yesterday and have never seena couple of things answered or addressed:

1.. Who paid for these weapons, videos, etc.?

2. How was a 14 yr. old boy able to buy such things?

There needs to be some real accountability here. :(

The mother in this story has done enough wrong with regard to her parenting that we can think of things to say about her that have nothing whatsoever to do with her weight. Please people, let's not start calling names. This isn't a playground and we're not in elementary school. Thanks.

Wow...what a mom. Your kid is bullied and has emotional problems...so you pull him out of school and stock pile him with weapons???

So tired of stupid people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back