Tulsa PD Revamps Approach To Missing Persons Cases

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
Tulsa's homicide squad room houses notebooks filled with about three dozen missing persons cases that detectives fear are the victims of foul play.

~snip~

The first step to making these cases a higher priority is to put them on the police department's website so citizens can see pictures, read the stories and send in tips.

Detectives also created a better screening system so they'll know faster which cases are suspicious. Plus, they'll be working with national groups like the DNA Project at the University of North Texas. They collect DNA from unidentified remains and compare it to missing people.

http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=138208

This is a wonderful idea and it shocks me to know that this hasn't been done before now. Were the pictures of the missing persons ever posted on a PD site, the local newspaper, tv station?

I agree, philamena. I think many cases could be solved if people were able to read about them and look at pictures.

CaliKid,
Hard to believe isn't it? For whatever reason it seems that the pictures of missing people aren't displayed like they should be. IMO showing the pictures of the missing is common sense. It should be done immediately or asap like the Amber Alerts.

Think about how many people we come across on a monthly basis. People we might not know by name but would recognize by sight. I'm sure we all know folks who have disappeared out of our lives, not that there's anything suspicious about most of them. But if there was a national website listing missing people, maybe someone knows where they are.

This is a wonderful idea and it shocks me to know that this hasn't been done before now. Were the pictures of the missing persons ever posted on a PD site, the local newspaper, tv station?
They only used to list a couple of them on their website. Even the OSBI has very few listed. This is the first time I have ever come across most these...so I don't believe they were ever listed on any national data base. No, I am relatively certain they weren't on tv or in the newspaper because they should pop up something when I ran their names.

I am going to try to change that. I am thinking about going to their office and taking the information fact sheet I keep sending out around here...so I can have a chance to discuss putting them on other sites, working with us here, and having them go back to the families to gather more information. I would like them to list more pertinent information on their site, too. Some do not have a photo and that is ridiculous!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back