OK-Police Take New Approach To Missing Persons Cases

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
SeriousSearching posted this in another thread and I thought is was worth posting here as well.

http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=138208

10/18/2007

Tulsa's homicide squad room houses notebooks filled with about three dozen missing persons cases that detectives fear are the victims of foul play.

"When you start talking about looking for a needle in a haystack, that's what we do. There are methods we go through to establish they are not in existence," said Tulsa Police Sgt. Mike Huff.

The first step to making these cases a higher priority is to put them on the police department's website so citizens can see pictures, read the stories and send in tips.

Detectives also created a better screening system so they'll know faster which cases are suspicious. Plus, they'll be working with national groups like the DNA Project at the University of North Texas. They collect DNA from unidentified remains and compare it to missing people.

more at link

I am happy to see L.E. are willing to pour in the time, money and effort to kick their work quality level up a notch on missing persons cases. It can't be easy to make changes but maybe it will be a help to the families.

Impressive.
:clap:

I was shocked to find out we had that many missing from Tulsa! They aren't listed anywhere else!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back