MT - Belgrade High suspends teen sex offender

Wow- damn, no kidding! They should have to be home schooled or something!

Or taught at the county department of education building.

Here in the states they wouldn't be suspended. In fact, their status is protected--even the TEACHERS are not allowed to know.
I found out one of my students was a registered sex offender at the ripe old age of 16. I found out when he was caught climbing the wall in the boys bathroom to watch through the ceiling into the girls bathroom. What happened to him you may ask? He got three days in school suspension! That's it. Fortunately or unfortunately, he was re-arrested for re-offending over a school holiday--he molested his four-year-old sister. :furious:

Other students I've had who were sex offenders were Special Education students--legally, we couldn't touch them unless they killed someone. For example: one young man--special ed, though not a sex offender, just out of control--beat the crap out of a girl when she wouldn't give him a dollar for a coke. She ended up in the hospital and needed plastic surgery. He got one day out of school suspension and three days in school suspension. Her parents withdrew her from school.

The hands of administrators in this country are tied!

I think I would urge parents to go to the school board meetings here's some more on the story
According to the website, 19-year-old Albert Brown is a Level 2 sex offender who's risk of offending again is listed as moderate. Brown has attended Belgrade High School for three years. He was sentenced in 2005 for one count of raping a 10-year-old boy. Brown was immediately suspended and now faces possible expulsion.
School district superintendent, Herb Benz, says he was shocked at the news.
http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/global/story.asp?s=7240152

Just remember laws can vary state to state, so if you have concerns ask about policy. I plan to,and I plan to contact our local news and have them investigate this is scary and Indiana is pretty lax with young offenders as I found out the hard way.

Here in the states they wouldn't be suspended. In fact, their status is protected--even the TEACHERS are not allowed to know.
I found out one of my students was a registered sex offender at the ripe old age of 16. I found out when he was caught climbing the wall in the boys bathroom to watch through the ceiling into the girls bathroom. What happened to him you may ask? He got three days in school suspension! That's it. Fortunately or unfortunately, he was re-arrested for re-offending over a school holiday--he molested his four-year-old sister. :furious:

Other students I've had who were sex offenders were Special Education students--legally, we couldn't touch them unless they killed someone. For example: one young man--special ed, though not a sex offender, just out of control--beat the crap out of a girl when she wouldn't give him a dollar for a coke. She ended up in the hospital and needed plastic surgery. He got one day out of school suspension and three days in school suspension. Her parents withdrew her from school.

The hands of administrators in this country are tied!

Several years ago, I found out one of my students was a registered sex offender when he was arrested right from my classroom. Security came to take him away, and through a window that looked into the hall we watched him be handcuffed and led away. A few minutes later security came for his bookbag and said he wouldn't be back. His classmates speculated that there were tobacco products in the bag, and that's why he was being suspended. Turns out, he had re-offended while babysitting some neighbor kids. I was shocked! I had no idea he was a sex offender. That's when I realized that school was not a safe place for me to bring my own kids during off hours. My younger daughter was in elementary school then and would sometimes come to my room after school to clean boards and such. I stopped having her do that, as there are still students in school after the last bell rings.

I was so pissed they didn't tell me this kid was a sex offender, but the teacher and classmates are always the last to know these things, I guess.

OK-I have a few questions...If the 15 year old was CONVICTED (sorry for the caps) in September, what is he doing in school at all. Three counts of raping a child? His sentence was what...medication? a letter of apology? The press needs to do a little more digging.

The 19 year old received an automatic suspension however-he has finished his sentence presumably. Was he in violation of parole or something? Sad fact was that he did what ever pathetic time he was required-and he was not attending classes with 10 year olds presumably. Am I being unusually dense?

What do you do with children who are sexual predators? You have to make someone at the school aware of the information....it is ridiculous to think it is not relevant.:twocents:

I think this goes on in more schools than people think. We had it happen in our K-8 school. A 14 yr old convicted sex offender w/multiple offenses (raped little kids digitally and exposed himself frequently) was in our school and the parents weren't told. Finally a parent went to the media and it was all over the city for a month. It's probably going on right now and we won't know about it till another victim's parent tells the media again. :(

They shouldn't be in the same schools as our regular students.

Omg its starting younger and younger. This scares me so bad.

off topic
Has anyone heard or no about romeo and juliette statute? I know it's used sometimes with kids. I have heard some of the kids around here say they will use this law but I have never found anything concrete.

What's so bad is that these teens who have raped probably started this behavior years ago when still children, and have acted out on friends, friends siblings, siblings, etc. then actually raped after becoming a teen. They won't stop the behavior and most get worse without treatment. The younger ones need to be in an intensive specialized treatment facility, but of course that's not happening.

off topic
Has anyone heard or no about romeo and juliette statute? I know it's used sometimes with kids. I have heard some of the kids around here say they will use this law but I have never found anything concrete.

I found this:
The "Romeo and Juliet" law provides for penalties when a teen younger than 19 engages in voluntary sexual intercourse, sodomy or lewd touching with a teen between the ages of 14 and 16, provided the teens are of the opposite sex.

The purpose of the Romeo and Juliet law, according to the Kansas Court of Appeals, was to differentiate sex between a full-fledged adult and a young teen from sex between teens of different ages. But the legislature decided not to make the statute applicable to gay teenagers.

Thus, teens of the same gender engaging in the same sexual behavior fall under the state’s criminal sodomy statute, which prohibits sodomy with a child between 14 and 16 years of age, without regard to consent, the offender’s age, or the gender of the participants.

http://www.sodomylaws.org/lawrence/lwnews002.htm

They need to expell these pervs at any age. If they want schooling they can go get it in a facility where they can also get counseling or be home schooled. Don't put them in the mainstream where they can offend again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back