Falsely Accused Woman Freed After 70 Years

Wudge

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
They were told by staff that their 85-year-old sister was deaf, could only communicate in writing and was very unlikely to remember them.

"A little old lady on walking sticks came in," said Alan. "She looked at us and cried out: 'Alan...David'. Then she put her arms around us. It was very emotional.

"I am sure that what has kept her going all these years was the challenge of proving to the authorities that she had a family. The trouble was, nobody would listen to her."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/29/nfree129.xml

(the moral is?)

...she has been moved from mental institution to mental institution. More recently, she went into a care home and has been lost to her family, who thought she was dead.
I'm assuming the care home she recently lived in was a nursing home. Still yet, the woman was eventually found not guilty. How could she have been locked up for 70 years for stealing a few bucks when freakin drunk drivers and child molesters and spouse killers serve several months to only a few years?

I doubt her sentence would have been that harsh here in the states.
What a waste of her precious life.

After the missing money was found, they still kept the young teen, sentencing her for lunacy. The article doesn't say whether she actually had any real mental issues or she had always been deaf and maybe couldn't communicate. Sounds like she was pretty sound of mind to be able to work at age 15 and to try and tell that she had a family, never forgetting them.

I'm assuming the care home she recently lived in was a nursing home. Still yet, the woman was eventually found not guilty. How could she have been locked up for 70 years for stealing a few bucks when freakin drunk drivers and child molesters and spouse killers serve several months to only a few years?

It sure was a waste..Poor lady..

This is a horrible case of injustice by a crooked system. Thank god this woman was alive by the time she found her family. God bless them. There are so many instinances like this that god on where authorities are to quick to lock someone away as crazy without listening to their half of the story. Makes you wonder exactly how many people are locked up innocent.

That poor woman. Her entire life spent in care homes, people thinking she either couldn't take care of herself or had no family to take her in. I am so happy for her and her family that they found each other again.

OMG you are so right! I get so crazy when I see so many sickos get out of jail in 1 or so years and this poor person locked up for all that time for stealing!

Wow crazy!

How tragic! Even if she did steal the money I hardly think the punishment fit the crime in this case.

This is a good example of how are system works. Child molesters and killers dont get 70 years in prison. They are lucky to get 25 years. Something has to give in our system today!!!!!

This woman was locked up for stealing yet the kids who kidnapped and toutured the little boy in England are free. Was the little boy named James Bulger?

This is a good example of how are system works. Child molesters and killers dont get 70 years in prison. They are lucky to get 25 years. Something has to give in our system today!!!!!

Seems to me in many countries, if they submitted a written (accurate) report of their system to a school teacher as an assignment, she'd return it with red marks all over it and a big red "DID NOT PUT IN ENOUGH EFFORT" on the top.

This woman was locked up for stealing yet the kids who kidnapped and toutured the little boy in England are free. Was the little boy named James Bulger?

Yes thats the one. His killers are free and well carefully protected with their new identities. Shocking that this womans life has almost been wasted like this.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back