General Discussion Thread No. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

colomom

Inactive
Reaction score
Maddie10.jpg

I hope that by the time this thread is done, we know exactly what happened to Maddie. In the meantime, I pray that she is in the arms of an angel.....

sparkleangel.gif

Here! here! Colomom!

Weird that today Google is not recognising "Madeleine McCann" No articles whatsoever show!

Here! here! Colomom!

Weird that today Google is not recognising "Madeleine McCann" No articles whatsoever show!

Must have been a "glitch", I see them:

Results 1 - 10 of about 2,140,000 for madeleine mccann

What is wierd is how quiet it is out there on the forums. I think people are starting to tire of the whole mess.

Yes that shocked me also Colomom! Seems like they really know what they are looking for!

I think people are getting tired & new news fuels comment, there have been so little developments lately.
Search still not working seems like it must be a UK thing "Your search - madeleine mccann - did not match any documents"

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=22661

PJ Director talks to El Pais- interview translated

And from 'Paul' on Mike's blogs comments:

Alipio Ribeiro, National Director of the Portuguese Policia Judiciaria (PJ) gives Q&A interview with Spanish Newspaper El Pais published today 21st October 2007:

http://tinyurl.com/2q7tvz

I’ll leave you to translate fully but a few interesting highlights:

1) Sooner or later the truth will be known
2) Those responsible will be tried in Portugal
3) Even without defendants present, the case will be tried in Portugal
4) Confusing testimony from parents from outset impeded progress
5) DNA results alone cannot fully solve the case but are complimentary to other evidence.
6) McCann’s strong criticism of the Policia Judiciaria (PJ) was made to the British media and not direct to the PJ.
7) Have never felt political pressure from British Foreign Office
8) Legal documents allowing interrogation of McCann’s friends will be ready in the next few days.

I read something on Mike's Blog (Comments) that was written about the little 2 year old boy found in the pond in Australia:

We don't yet know how he died but it's clear how little value his life had for those who should have loved him and taken care of him. So it's up to compassionate strangers, with their prayers and tears, to restore meaning to an innocent life treated so obscenely.
It is not empty sentimentality but a natural human urge, of benefit to society because it affirms the value of human life. Public grief for victims has led to the conviction of killers, the strengthening of sanctions against murder and pressure on government authorities to protect the vulnerable.

It really sums up my feelings about the Maddie McCann case too.

And finally, from Mike's Blog (Comments)
(regarding Gerry McCann's plan to return to work with a guard)

Anonymous said... (on Monday, October 22, 2007 12:36:00 AM):

We can surmise that the security arrangements to be put in place will be established at the expense of either the NHS or the Leicestershire Police, or both: ultimately it will be at the taxpayers’ expense.

We can further surmise that these security arrangements may include extensive and intrusive pre-screening of all patients scheduled to be seen by McCann; such pre-screening possibly to extend to the review of email and telephone conversations; interviews with neighbours or work associates; questionnaire completion and psychological profiling.

We can again surmise that physical security arrangements to be put in place may include armed police guards at hospital, ward and consulting-room entrances; the installation of airport-style screening equipment; the scanning of shoes and bags by metal detectors; the introduction of face recognition technology systems, I.D. establishment protocols; and stop and search powers to be exercised at random on hospital staff, visitors and patients; and patrolling of hospital grounds by dogs and armed guards.

We can assume that patients selected to be treated by, and staff selected to work alongside, McCann, will be warned that detention and prosecution will occur in the event of any expression of opinion deemed hostile by McCann.

We can further assume that patients and staff will meekly acquiesce to these invasions of privacy, contempt for their feelings or opinions; and the disruption of hospital routine and efficiency which is inevitable under these circumstances.

This being the Leicestershire division of the National Health Service, the staff need to retain their high-paying jobs, and patients need whatever treatment they can secure. Concerns for patient opinion, in particular, are of little importance, and have already been discounted. The hospital “bosses” (in McCann’s description), have spoken. Take what you’re given, shut up, and don’t on any account be heard whining about the possibility of death from MRSA., C.difficile, or other malpractice.

Crazy, isn't it?

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=22661

PJ Director talks to El Pais- interview translated

And from 'Paul' on Mike's blogs comments:

Alipio Ribeiro, National Director of the Portuguese Policia Judiciaria (PJ) gives Q&A interview with Spanish Newspaper El Pais published today 21st October 2007:

http://tinyurl.com/2q7tvz

I’ll leave you to translate fully but a few interesting highlights:

1) Sooner or later the truth will be known
2) Those responsible will be tried in Portugal
3) Even without defendants present, the case will be tried in Portugal
4) Confusing testimony from parents from outset impeded progress
5) DNA results alone cannot fully solve the case but are complimentary to other evidence.
6) McCann’s strong criticism of the Policia Judiciaria (PJ) was made to the British media and not direct to the PJ.
7) Have never felt political pressure from British Foreign Office
8) Legal documents allowing interrogation of McCann’s friends will be ready in the next few days.

I read something on Mike's Blog (Comments) that was written about the little 2 year old boy found in the pond in Australia:

We don't yet know how he died but it's clear how little value his life had for those who should have loved him and taken care of him. So it's up to compassionate strangers, with their prayers and tears, to restore meaning to an innocent life treated so obscenely.
It is not empty sentimentality but a natural human urge, of benefit to society because it affirms the value of human life. Public grief for victims has led to the conviction of killers, the strengthening of sanctions against murder and pressure on government authorities to protect the vulnerable.

It really sums up my feelings about the Maddie McCann case too.

And finally, from Mike's Blog (Comments)
(regarding Gerry McCann's plan to return to work with a guard)

Anonymous said... (on Monday, October 22, 2007 12:36:00 AM):

We can surmise that the security arrangements to be put in place will be established at the expense of either the NHS or the Leicestershire Police, or both: ultimately it will be at the taxpayers’ expense.

We can further surmise that these security arrangements may include extensive and intrusive pre-screening of all patients scheduled to be seen by McCann; such pre-screening possibly to extend to the review of email and telephone conversations; interviews with neighbours or work associates; questionnaire completion and psychological profiling.

We can again surmise that physical security arrangements to be put in place may include armed police guards at hospital, ward and consulting-room entrances; the installation of airport-style screening equipment; the scanning of shoes and bags by metal detectors; the introduction of face recognition technology systems, I.D. establishment protocols; and stop and search powers to be exercised at random on hospital staff, visitors and patients; and patrolling of hospital grounds by dogs and armed guards.

We can assume that patients selected to be treated by, and staff selected to work alongside, McCann, will be warned that detention and prosecution will occur in the event of any expression of opinion deemed hostile by McCann.

We can further assume that patients and staff will meekly acquiesce to these invasions of privacy, contempt for their feelings or opinions; and the disruption of hospital routine and efficiency which is inevitable under these circumstances.

This being the Leicestershire division of the National Health Service, the staff need to retain their high-paying jobs, and patients need whatever treatment they can secure. Concerns for patient opinion, in particular, are of little importance, and have already been discounted. The hospital “bosses” (in McCann’s description), have spoken. Take what you’re given, shut up, and don’t on any account be heard whining about the possibility of death from MRSA., C.difficile, or other malpractice.

Crazy, isn't it?
Totally crazy, totally totally crazy!!

Anyone out there...it is Sunday for heaven's sake! tell me I am NUTS and I am NOT reading that Gerry Mc Cann plans to return to work with a bodyguard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone out there...it is Sunday for heaven's sake! tell me I am NUTS and I am NOT reading that Gerry Mc Cann plans to return to work with a bodyguard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you are nuts, then I am nuts too.

Oh-My-Gosh...that this guy thinks for real he is a celebrity????!!!!!!!

Not nutz....

What this tells me is that they must have received some sort of threats.

Not nutz....

What this tells me is that they must have received some sort of threats.

What are you trying to say, that ALL the mail and contact with people are NOT positive as Gerry states on his blog? :rolleyes:

Well I will withold judgement until I can read the contents of the article.

The news is actually reporting tonight that the DNA results have revealed what happened!

Well I will withold judgement until I can read the contents of the article.

The news is actually reporting tonight that the DNA results have revealed what happened!

Here is the complete article Barnaby:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/18815/I-WILL-CRACK-MADDIE-CASE/

The main thing that grabbed my eye was this:

"The police chief stressed that the case did not hinge solely on forensic tests."

When you mention the "report" you heard that indicated that the results have revealed more information, were you speaking about the BBC radio or TV report they are talking about over at the MF?

I am very very interested in this case. However, from the beginning there was a lot of BS thrown at us which led to too much useless speculation. I couldn't tell what was the truth, what was a rumor and what was a lie from all the info being thrown out there by the press, tabs, etc... First we would hear one thing and then a day later there would be a contradiction. Kinda made me lose interest in following the case at this point. While I still pray that Maddie is found and, if she is dead, those responsible are convicted, I have a hard time staying involved with a case that is, IMO, at a stalemate at this time. When things start picking up and when we begin to hear things that are proven to be FACTS, I'll be right back in here posting with everyone.

:sick: The Daily Star?

Hi Daffodil:

I think that the headline on the Daily Star ("I KNOW THE KILLER") is tabloid-ese for the statement (from Riberio's interview):

"Letters requesting the interviews will be sent in a few days. Ribeiro said he has an idea of what happened and is confident he will be able to name the killer."

( http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=22661 for translation ).

I am very very interested in this case. However, from the beginning there was a lot of BS thrown at us which led to too much useless speculation. I couldn't tell what was the truth, what was a rumor and what was a lie from all the info being thrown out there by the press, tabs, etc... First we would hear one thing and then a day later there would be a contradiction. Kinda made me lose interest in following the case at this point. While I still pray that Maddie is found and, if she is dead, those responsible are convicted, I have a hard time staying involved with a case that is, IMO, at a stalemate at this time. When things start picking up and when we begin to hear things that are proven to be FACTS, I'll be right back in here posting with everyone.

I have the feeling we will be seeing more of you poco, and really soon!

Stay tuned...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member