Philadelphia

Buzz Mills

Reaction score
Website
forumsforjustice.com
Looking for attractive people? Don't go to...

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Philadelphia is home to the least attractive people in the United States, a survey of visitors and residents showed on Friday. The city of more than 1.5 million people was also found to be among the least stylish, least active, least friendly and least worldly, according to the "America's Favorite Cities" survey by Travel & Leisure magazine and CNN Headline News.

About 60,000 people responded to the online survey -- at www.travelandleisure.com -- which ranked 25 cities in categories including shopping, food, culture, and cityscape, said Amy Farley, senior editor at the magazine. For unattractiveness, Philadelphia just beat out Washington DC and Dallas/Fort Worth for the bottom spot. Miami and San Diego are home to the most attractive people, the poll found.

But Farley pointed out the results don't mean people in Philadelphia are ugly or the city is a bad place to visit. "We were asking people to vote on attractiveness, not unattractiveness. Travel & Leisure editors believe there are a lot of attractive people in Philadelphia," she said.

"The relative attractiveness of its residents is only a minuscule factor in evaluating a city's merit."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071022/od_nm/philadelphia_unattractive1_dc

EVERYONE has different things/people/places they find attractive...surveys like this seem like pure crap to me.

EVERYONE has different things/people/places they find attractive...surveys like this seem like pure crap to me.

Have you ever met anyone from Philly, WR? It's not like we needed a survey.

Well, I can tell you one thing. I have seen some SCARY looking people since my move to Tennessee!! :eek:

No I have not...and don't need to...I believe there is beauty in everyone (yes even blacks NOVA!) and everything. My dream is to one day tour the US, maybe the world....so I would LOVE to have the chance to go to Philly. I don't care how "ugly" it or its people are supposed to be.
Has anyone ever seen the movie "American Beauty" where the guy talks about the floating bag being the most beautiful thing he has ever seen? That's me, and the way I see the world.

I find them rather humorous myself.

I might find them humorous myself if they didn't put people down...I have to think that I am very pretty, so I am not the ugly duckling that takes up for my kind here, but evryone and every place is pretty in their own way.
It hurts my heart to see anyone/anyplace being singled out. That's just me...tender-hearted to a fault I guess.

I might find them humorous myself if they didn't put people down...I have to think that I am very pretty, so I am not the ugly duckling that takes up for my kind here, but evryone and every place is pretty in their own way.
It hurts my heart to see anyone/anyplace being singled out. That's just me...tender-hearted to a fault I guess.
I think that is the difference WR; most of us didn't take the article seriously.

I find them rather humorous myself.

Well, San Francisco is #1 overall for "people", with Austin #2. Better take it seriously. But that includes friendliness and alot of other things. It seems like that article singled out one small aspect of the "people" category.

Austin is rated #4 for attractive people, higher than SF.

I think Philadelphia has been labeled in the past for most "overweight" people; I know Austin has more thin folks who exercise; so maybe the overall "attractive" label correlates to weight.

Well, San Francisco is #1 overall for "people", with Austin #2. Better take it seriously. But that includes friendliness and alot of other things. It seems like that article singled out one small aspect of the "people" category.

Austin is rated #4 for attractive people, higher than SF.

I think Philadelphia has been labeled in the past for most "overweight" people; I know Austin has more thin folks who exercise; so maybe the overall "attractive" label correlates to weight.

true...I have read that, about the "overweight" thing...I actually am almost 100% sure it led to a question on the game show "Greed." The question was like what are the top most overweight cities...and it ranked right up there. I love philly cheesesteaks so who can blame them? YUM YUM

Hey! I take offense to that! I lived in Philadelphia for much of the 90s. While it was the most dangerous city I have ever been (in the world!) the people there look like people everywhere else. The only difference between the people in Philly and the people in San Diego (supposedly the most "attractive") is that the Philadelphians have their real teeth and are not all botoxed up with at least 10 plastic procedures and fake *advertiser censored*! I swear, when I visit So Cal these days I feel like I am walking into the land of the Stepford Wives! :eek:

Hey! I take offense to that! I lived in Philadelphia for much of the 90s. While it was the most dangerous city I have ever been (in the world!) the people there look like people everywhere else. The only difference between the people in Philly and the people in San Diego (supposedly the most "attractive") is that the Philadelphians have their real teeth and are not all botoxed up with at least 10 plastic procedures and fake *advertiser censored*! I swear, when I visit So Cal these days I feel like I am walking into the land of the Stepford Wives! :eek:

Agree....

there are only 3 reasons to be in Philly, Baseball, cheese steaks, uh, and football. What else matters? Maybe the weather?

Go Rockies!

I think the most overweight people are out here in Minnesota and Wisconsin. I hate to say it. But I think it's true. They may be among the nicest, too. But they are the plumpest. Go to a state fair out here. It is a sight to behold.

Eve

What a load of horse manure..

Who the heck reads Travel and Leisure anyway..lovely glossy photos with not a whole lot of substance. Its a cotton candy magazine.. lots
of fluff..So the most important thing they could think about discussing what the attractiveness (or weight as some mentioned) what about the level of violence that is going on.. the murder rate etc.. None of the botax siolicon people reading that mag are going to travel there anyway . There are many many reasons to travel to Philly besides sports and cheese steaks. But until the violence, guns and murders are reduced no one wants to live here let alone vacation here. Survival is priority not the attractiveness of the people.

This coming from a very attractive, thin,active,friendly Philly girl

Oh and the sports in Philly at the moment is not a big draw unless your going to see the Flyers.. Phillies choked.. Eagles just downright suck this year, and the 76ers arent much of a draw either...

It's true, isn't it? It's like I live among some strange mass group of auto accident survivors.

As for Philly, I'm sure it ranked higher when you lived there. Don't blame me if you abandoned the place and let it slip in the rankings...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back