Identified! KY - Harrodsburg, human remains found, Oct'07 - Amanda Hughes

Amanda is from my home town. The fact that we havent gotten anywhere in her case breaks my heart into a million pieces. This young lady had babies who needed her and friends who love her dearly. I wish someone would come forward with some answers finally. I wish I could do more to help but I dont know even know where to start with getting more attention on this case.

Oct 26 2022 rbbm.
By: Kristen Edwards
1666884070721.png
''This week marks 15 years since that day. Alyssa is all grown up, but no closer to learning the truth about what happened to her mom.

"I was wondering why anyone would do that to somebody else and then I'm just thinking the hope that one day we'll know something," Alyssa, now 19 years old, said.''

"She was very mischievous," Amanda's father, Donald Hughes, said. "Always cutting up. Never saw a person she didn't like, and she loved kids."

Donald has helped fill in the gaps for Alyssa while grieving the loss himself. He and his wife, Linda, visit her grave every week. While there, he talks to his little girl''

''Detective Luke Vanhoose was assigned to the case in 2019. While he has followed up on a few leads since becoming the case officer, KSP said the leads amounted to nothing.
You can reach Det. Vanhoose at (859) 623-2404.''

Oct 26 2022 rbbm.
By: Kristen Edwards
View attachment 375844
''This week marks 15 years since that day. Alyssa is all grown up, but no closer to learning the truth about what happened to her mom.

"I was wondering why anyone would do that to somebody else and then I'm just thinking the hope that one day we'll know something," Alyssa, now 19 years old, said.''

"She was very mischievous," Amanda's father, Donald Hughes, said. "Always cutting up. Never saw a person she didn't like, and she loved kids."

Donald has helped fill in the gaps for Alyssa while grieving the loss himself. He and his wife, Linda, visit her grave every week. While there, he talks to his little girl''

''Detective Luke Vanhoose was assigned to the case in 2019. While he has followed up on a few leads since becoming the case officer, KSP said the leads amounted to nothing.
You can reach Det. Vanhoose at (859) 623-2404.''
TY for posting this update, @dotr. I didn't have any luck finding more information about Amanda's case. I'll keep looking around and will post here if I find anything. I hope Det. Vanhoose or Amanda's family releases more details about Amanda and the circumstances leading up to when she was last known to be alive. Maybe @MadMcGoo wouldn't mind digging up some old newspaper articles. Please? TIA! :)

HARRODSBURG, Ky. (AP) -- Kentucky State Police are investigating human remains found along side the Martha Layne Collins Bluegrass Parkway in central Kentucky on Wednesday.
http://www.whas11.com/news/local/stories/102407whasmjdLocalHumanRemains.1a1813052.html
More information on where Amanda's remains were located.

Compliments of the Wayback Machine.
SBM
...skeletal remains were found at mile marker 54... [Snip] ...at the bottom of a hillside just off the westbound lanes.

Newspapers.com has recently changed their formatting/layout so some of the images may look weird until I get the hang of it. Click the image to enlarge.

303AD93B-BF9E-4EC9-8503-3956364BA758.jpeg

054BF358-3AB1-4FDF-8818-C173A72A9F57.jpeg618AD596-BA77-4B9A-8191-299FEA54BD7B.jpeg

9519439A-6D5F-42F7-A783-FB77425E7271.jpeg

Newspapers.com has recently changed their formatting/layout so some of the images may look weird until I get the hang of it. Click the image to enlarge.

View attachment 375980

View attachment 375982View attachment 375981

View attachment 375983
TYSVM!! :D

Amanda is from my home town. The fact that we havent gotten anywhere in her case breaks my heart into a million pieces. This young lady had babies who needed her and friends who love her dearly. I wish someone would come forward with some answers finally. I wish I could do more to help but I dont know even know where to start with getting more attention on this case.

Nicholasville is a lovely small town. I lived in a subdivision near the Jessamine/Fayette Co lines for many years. 'Loved it there and we had many friends. Amanda's step-father seemed concerned about some of her friends and their lifestyle. Was there someone Amanda was dating from Mercer Co? Did she go to Mercer County often? There must be someone who has info about any friends in that area.

From the newspaper clippings:
  • Amanda Lynn Hughes - 23
  • Hometown: Nicholasville, KY
  • Mom of 2 girls (2 & 4 YO)
  • 4YO - Amanda's adopted parents have joint custody.
  • 2YO - Lives with child's father in Nicholasville.
  • Amanda worked @ local fast food restaurants.
  • One class away from getting a GED; attended afternoon classes.
  • Amanda "liked to ride with a rough bunch of people" (i.e., no moral value, wild, liked to party).
  • Last spoke to her mom "shortly after Valentine's Day 2006" - Amanda wanted to bring V-Day gift to her oldest daughter. "We told her it was fine. But she never showed."
  • MP report filed March 2006 - Foul play wasn't suspected by LE.
  • Amanda's parents theorized "With the crowd that she liked to run with, we thought maybe she got shipped out of the country".
  • One tip received: Possibly seen @ Walmart on Richmond Road. Apparently a case of mistaken identity.
  • Oct 2007 - Skeletal remains located in Mercer County along side Martha Layne Collins Bluegrass Parkway at mile marker 54 at the bottom of a hillside just off the westbound lanes.
  • Dad had a feeling the remains were Amanda's based on "the way they described stuff" on TV news report. (Stuff = "The TV said she had on size 3 pants." Wife confirmed "that's what Amanda was wearing."
Thanks again, @MadMcGoo.

I found this, looking into her background to get any motive for her murder or if there was a POI mentioned anywhere. No offence meant. It's important to mention that according to comments on this register in general women who are victims to DV and fight back/off their attacker are registered too. ???!!!! ᐅ Domestic Violence Registry – Kentucky (KY) – Domestic Violence Registry

But, looking through the whole database, I couldn't find any other person who was arrested at the same day in 2005.

1668691182991.png
An Assault 4 or Assault 4 Domestic Violence charge can be made in a situation where there is a dispute between two parties, and one party intends to harm the other party. An Assault 4 charge requires that the injured party feared actual harm would occur even if there was no actual physical contact.

No matter what happened, you don't want to be in situations like this. It's scary and it can get from bad to worse. I wish there was more out there about the investigation into her murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back