Reaction score
DoeNetwork Case File 992UMGA
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/992umga.html

Unidentified White Male

• The victim was discovered on March 23, 1997 in Blue Ridge, Georgia

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 45-50 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8" or taller
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Long dark hair; dark eyes. Slim build.
  • Dentals: Available

Case History
The victim was located at Ridgewood Drive and Highway 515 in Blue Ridge, GA.
The decedent frequented truck stops in Georgia, Texas, Oregon, Missouri, and Arizona.
He owned his own rig and went by the CB radio handle of “BA” or “Bad Attitude”.
The decedent may have been a member of a motorcycle gang, and his name may be Freddie Akers.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
GBI Regional Office in Cleveland
888-233-5680
You may remain anonymous when submitting information. Source Information:
GBI

I found the following on zabasearch.com:​

FREDDIE AKERS
419 GLENCASTLE DR NW Recorded: 03/10/2004
ATLANTA, GA 30327 (404) 256-2888​

FREDDIE AKERS
419 GLENCASTLE DR NW Recorded: 03/10/2004
ATLANTA, GA 30327 (404) 256-5577​

They were recorded in 2004. The victim was located in 1997. What do you guys think? I think either they are wrong about the name, or there is some kind of stolen identity issue involved.​

...or...it's a different Freddie Akers, right? :waitasec:

I printed out a bunch of info while I was at school today. I found info on fultonassessor.org about the address I posted originally, which gave me a few names to follow. Those names turned up quite a few other adresses possibly related to the current owner. I don't want to openly post information right away because I don't know yet if any of it is connected to "Freddie", but I can share the info I have through PM or e-mail.

Also, I have a question for anyone following this... If Freddie is a nickname, what are some possible first names?

DiamondGirl - You might be on to something... I traced one of the names connected to the Glencastle address to an address in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. A zabasearch of Akers in the city of Ponte Vedra Beach, FL brings up a Fred Akers and a John F Akers for the same address. John F Akers could be John Fred/Fredrick Akers?

ETA: John F Akers is also connected to the Glencastle address.

Holy freakin cow! Diamond Girl... I just read that obit. J Fredrick Akers wife's name matches up with the Glencastle address too! Unfortunately that probably means I'm following the wrong Fred/Freddie/Fredrick Akers since it sounds like this guy was still around in 2000, 3 years after the John Doe was found.

Gotta leave for work, but I'll work more on this tonight.

Holy freakin cow! Diamond Girl... I just read that obit. J Fredrick Akers wife's name matches up with the Glencastle address too! Unfortunately that probably means I'm following the wrong Fred/Freddie/Fredrick Akers since it sounds like this guy was still around in 2000, 3 years after the John Doe was found.

Gotta leave for work, but I'll work more on this tonight.

Oh darn, so its prolly just a coincidence. It just seems interesting because it was a trucking company in NC and they lived in Atlanta

There seems to be a lot of people in this family with Fredrick in their name. I wonder if the father's brothers (he had 3) also used this name for his kids.

I'm a little confused, because i found a 2nd listing on doenetwork for this UID, but it gives us a little more to work with...

The Doe Network:
Case File 992UMGA

992UMGA.jpg

Sketch of Victim
Unidentified White Male

• The victim was discovered on March 23, 1995 in Blue Ridge, Fannin County, Georgia
  • He stated that his name was Fred or Freddie Akers and that he was from West Memphis, Tennessee, Arkansas or Oregon
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 45 - 49 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 8".
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Straight, dark, long hair with beard; very slim build.
  • Dentals: Amost all teeth were missing
  • Clothing: Western style shirt; blue jeans.
Case History
The victim was located in Blue Ridge, Georgia on March 23, 1995.
He frequented truck stops in Georgia, Texas, Oregon, Missouri and Arizona, and owned his own rig and went by the CB handle of "BA" or Bad Attitude. He also belonged to a motorcycle gang.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Georgia Bureau of Investigation - Region 8
Special Agent Danny Duncan or Marla Lawson, Forensic Artist, GBI
770-535-5423
404-244-2554
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
08-0291-01-95
Medical Examiner's Report Number:
95-09629
NCIC Number:
N/A
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Source Information:
Georgia Bureau of Investigation

Ok, so was he located in 97 or 95? And if he owned his own rig, wouldn't there be some kind of registration information on file?

B.A. - Sgt. Bosco Baracus (Mr. T) from the adventure series THE A-TEAM/NBC/1983-87 was fondly called "B.A." by his fellow A-Team members, Vietnam veterans on the run from the United States Army for a crime (robbing a bank in Hanoi) they did not commit. According to the series, B.A. meant "Bad Attitude," because of his constant scowl and his threatening statements like "Don't mess with me, Sucker!" Sgt. Baracus was an expert mechanic whose vivid technical imagination could turn old spare parts/machinery into rocket launchers, armored tanks or machine guns. B.A.'s real name was Elliot. His childhood nickname was "Scooter."

Ok, so was he located in 97 or 95? And if he owned his own rig, wouldn't there be some kind of registration information on file?

I thought the same thing. There is so much that I don't get. Who told the police that he was from these places or that his CB handle was B.A.? I wonder if he had a tattoos. Did it say how long he'd been deceased?

I would think if he was with a motorcycle gang, he would have tattoos.

I would think that a phone call to the police handling this, may prove fruitful. Also be able to clear up the discrepancy with the date.

I agree, if he owned his own rig, why wouldn't they be able to know his true identity? Something isn't right about the ownership of the rig.

There seems to be alot of questions that need some clarification.

This man was able to talk when he was found enabling him to give the information, and later died?

That's what I gathered from the info stated on the 2nd DoeNetwork page

Ok, I didn't read the 2nd file on doe that is listed in this thread.

It still doesn't state why he was discovered, was he in an accident?

This man making the statements that he did could be like the situation of the man in Ms. that was a hit and run victim and rattled off a name and location to the EMS, everyone was going on that lead . The Ms. man (victim) ended up having a totally different name (Michael Curry) location unknown.

The Ms. man was definately traumatized by being hit, but the case file of this Ga. man doesn't state what lead to his discovery.

Does anyone know ?

I PMed christine and had her change the title and take the pic out of the first post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back