GUILTY NY - Mary Ann Powell, 21, pregnant, murdered, Halfmoon, 1 Oct 1994

maybe scott knew about the powell case and deciced that becuse it was done before he could prolly get away with it ex he might not be a suspect u know how when someone is killed and family is ruled out and thery think they have a suspect butr then something turns up and new leads bring in a suspect yet to be known, i duno if powells husband was charged in her murder

You would think the leading cause of death for pregnant women is complications with their pregnancy... but that is not so.

Leading cause of death for pregnant women is murder.

90% of the time the murder is the husband/boyfriend/father of the baby... the other 10 % is made up of parents/other relatives/strangers or santanic dudes in brown vans.

smile22 said:
maybe scott knew about the powell case and deciced that becuse it was done before he could prolly get away with it ex he might not be a suspect u know how when someone is killed and family is ruled out and thery think they have a suspect butr then something turns up and new leads bring in a suspect yet to be known, i duno if powells husband was charged in her murder

He was charged, tried and convicted of 2nd degree murder and is in prison.

Wonder why it was 2nd degree? maybe there was a plea bargain?

smile22 said:

Hey Smiley!! You remind me of a one-liner I once knew!!!1

Casshew said:
Wonder why it was 2nd degree? maybe there was a plea bargain?

I seem to recall that in New York, First degree is reserved for the murder of a police officer or corrections official. Second can be what most states call first. I may be wrong about this though.. I'd have to research it.

Casshew said:
You would think the leading cause of death for pregnant women is complications with their pregnancy... but that is not so.

Leading cause of death for pregnant women is murder.

90% of the time the murder is the husband/boyfriend/father of the baby... the other 10 % is made up of parents/other relatives/strangers or santanic dudes in brown vans.
It only beats Heart Disease by 1%. (who'd have thought Heart Disease would be #2?)

What is scary is that 20% of deaths in Pregnant women are due to murder, but only 6% of non-pregnant (child-bearing years) women, so obviously being pregnant ups your chances of getting murdered.

From March 2014:

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Warren-Powell-loses-murder-appeal-5303152.php

An appeals court upheld the second murder conviction of Warren Powell whose first conviction for strangulating his pregnant wife, Mary Ann Powell in 1994, was overturned.

Powell's first 1997 murder conviction was overturned by the Appellate Division of state Supreme Court in 2004, ruling there was an error in how the jury was picked. In April 2009, Powell was convicted at his second trial and ordered to served 25 years to life in prison. Powell is also serving 15 to 30 years on unrelated drug charges. The sentences are running consecutively.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back