Madeleine's case and Psychics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleuthMom

Former Member
Reaction score
You will notice I am getting a bit desperate :( but before you jump on me ;) saying the amount of scams out there and people that claim to be "psyquics" which is true, I truly believe there are some who are truly gifted, one of them being Rosemarie Kerr between others. She worked with the police force in several cases successfully solving them, giving details of the crimes.

Can something like that be done on this case with a SERIOUS psyquic and not a wanna be? :eek:

Couple of thoughts....

The McCanns religion may create a obstacle to publicly using psychics. I am not a catholic so I am not sure.

I believe that there have been some psychics that have been "working" on this case via their websites. I have read some of their stuff and frankly, I am not impressed.

In my mind, if there was a "serious" psychic out there that feels that they have an idea where Madeleine is, why haven't they gone to Portugal (or Spain, or wherever), found her and collected the monstrous reward???

But, I am open-minded....

**Edited, the reward is only for her safe return so finding a body would not bring a reward**

Colomom, in the case of Rosemarie and others I know they won't do it unless requested from family members or the police. That's how they work.

The only psyquic to be asked about the case said that Kate killed her, that was about 4 weeks into it, you never heard of her again.

The only psyquic to be asked about the case said that Kate killed her, that was about 4 weeks into it, you never heard of her again.

Hi Lakes!

Any idea who that was? I am curious.

The McCanns religion may create a obstacle to publicly using psychics. I am not a catholic so I am not sure.

The McCanns trot out their religion when it is convenient to do so, or when it makes them look innocent.

The reason I say this is because "In Vitro" fertilization is frowned upon by the official church on the grounds that it is against nature, and also because it often results in many embryos being implanted, just to harvest one or two. The unwanted embryos in utero are "reduced". IOW, aborted, so the couple can have the one or two children they desire.

Since the McCanns have used "in Vitro" twice, I would say they are NOT strict Catholics.

Therefore they may not be opposed to using psychics, whereas strict Catholics believe that is a sin against the First Commandment.

The McCanns trot out their religion when it is convenient to do so, or when it makes them look innocent.

The reason I say this is because "In Vitro" fertilization is frowned upon by the official church on the grounds that it is against nature, and also because it often results in many embryos being implanted, just to harvest one or two. The unwanted embryos in utero are "reduced". IOW, aborted, so the couple can have the one or two children they desire.

Since the McCanns have used "in Vitro" twice, I would say they are NOT strict Catholics.

Therefore they may not be opposed to using psychics, whereas strict Catholics believe that is a sin against the First Commandment.

so they are now being denied their religion

I am sorry to say but you have very strange views

Thanks Pink,

I appreciate your point of view. I appreciate your taking the time to express your opinion.

Just to make sure it is understood, I appreciate all of the opinions expressed on this board. The more information I hear (pro or con) the better. Without the diversity of opinion it would be a scary, Orwellian, world.

I crave input, I need to hear all sides, I hope I have never come across as judgemental of any of your opinions. Y'all smack me one if I do!

A South American psychic was consulted by well-wishers in the summer. She said that Madeleine had never left Portugal & that her condition was not good. She said the sort of information she receives does not tell her whether the subject is alive or dead. I think she is sincere, in fact very sincere but that her information is not that helpful. She seemed to do better in relation to where M. might be, giving quite a few strange clues.

so they are now being denied their religion

I am sorry to say but you have very strange views

Gord, I am sorry but what Pink said it absolute fact. She properly quoted the laws of the catholic Church regarding IVF & the reasons for same. I say the McCanns cannot have it everyway, either they are devout catholics or they are not.. If they had IVF then they are not, plain & simple! You really cannot pick & choose when you will be devout, they are when it suits them. A devout catholic or any other religion for that matter, devout Muslim, Hindu, keeps the rules! IVF to a Catholic would be like a Muslim getting drunk, probably much much worse!
IVF is a very serious issue within the Catholic Church as Pink said regarding the abortion or disposal of the fertilised embryos, the Church teaches that life begins at conception & those extra embryos cannot be destroyed. This would be a grave sin in the eyes of the catholic Church. With IVF there are always more embryos created than is neccessary & some are destroyed/aborted which is a huge No NO!

Furthermore there is an obligation on a Catholic to attend Mass on a Sunday that is not satisfied by attending a service in an Anglican Church so they are definitely not that devout!
I am not promoting bigotry here against any church just stating the simple facts of what a devout catholic should/would or shouldn't/wouldn't do!

& yes Pink it is against the laws of the catholic Church to use psychics but I don't see why they condemn this so readily when they have already broken a similarly serious law. They are being hugely hypocritical!

I've wondered about the in vitro question myself. It is definitely frowned upon within the Catholic religion because of the aborted embryo issue--and within stricter evangelical Protestant followings as well because of this reason.

However, many Catholics do pursue this and are able to resolve their own consciences with the belief that they are having children and fulfilling the greater mandate to go and be fruitful and multiply, because children are a blessing from God.

It doesn't mean the McCanns are lax or fake in their religious faith, only perhaps that they are able to make decisions that vary from the Church's teachings, if they feel they are keeping true to the overall principal.

That could be true for many other decisions they make as well. Such as perhaps, the burial of a child.

Brian, of Brian's Dreams/predictions, may have opened up a can of worms by glomming onto this case: as most of us know, he started scamming people out of money in the name of going PDL to "find" Madeleine with his "gift" (mind you, his real gift is the ability to post his "accurate dreams" after the event has happened, and being able to pull it off to make his followers think he "predicted" it before it happened). Well, slowly people have gotten wise to his dream scams and started questioning why he hasn't gone, yet. Quite a few are now openly taking him to task, as well as trying to get him exposed on a broader scale.

I do not consider Brian to be a psychic period, I am speaking more in terms of serious and recognized ones who have worked with the police force and have solved several cases.

Gord, I am sorry but what Pink said it absolute fact. She properly quoted the laws of the catholic Church regarding IVF & the reasons for same. I say the McCanns cannot have it everyway, either they are devout catholics or they are not.. If they had IVF then they are not, plain & simple! You really cannot pick & choose when you will be devout, they are when it suits them. A devout catholic or any other religion for that matter, devout Muslim, Hindu, keeps the rules! IVF to a Catholic would be like a Muslim getting drunk, probably much much worse!
IVF is a very serious issue within the Catholic Church as Pink said regarding the abortion or disposal of the fertilised embryos, the Church teaches that life begins at conception & those extra embryos cannot be destroyed. This would be a grave sin in the eyes of the catholic Church. With IVF there are always more embryos created than is neccessary & some are destroyed/aborted which is a huge No NO!

Furthermore there is an obligation on a Catholic to attend Mass on a Sunday that is not satisfied by attending a service in an Anglican Church so they are definitely not that devout!
I am not promoting bigotry here against any church just stating the simple facts of what a devout catholic should/would or shouldn't/wouldn't do!

& yes Pink it is against the laws of the catholic Church to use psychics but I don't see why they condemn this so readily when they have already broken a similarly serious law. They are being hugely hypocritical!

Good post, and Pink's too. I find their use of the Church a shield, begging the questions why do they need one? I doubt they confessed to a crime, but it appears they have relied on the secrecy of confession and/or the sanctitiy of the church to an odd extent.

On court TV they have a show called Psychic detective. There are 3 or 4 physics who are regulars who help LE solve cases. Noreen Reiner is probably the most popular. All she needs is to hold an item of the victim and she can "vision" what has happened to them. According to her fans, if you handed her "cuddle cat", she would know within minutes where Maddie is. (I watch the show occasionally, but am on the fence wether any of them are really "for real".)

Wouldn't it be awesome to get each one of these "great" psychics together, (individually) and have each one give a reading. It would be interesting to see how similar, (or not) their reading are to one another.

Interestedwoman, yes! It would be very interesting. Rosemarie Kerr is also a Psychic detective. At this point of time, I am open to this.

Thanks, Rino and Barnaby, for the support of my post. It's tough to be a devout Catholic. Catholicism is a very strict religion.

Unfortunately nowadays too many are "cafeteria Catholics", browsing and choosing which rules and regs they will obey and which they will ignore.

BTW, I have mixed feelings about in vitro pregnancies. I feel that God must be present at every human conception to make life start; therefore He must be there when an in vitro baby is conceived. However, I wish they could perfect the process so that human lives, little tiny human lives, would not be started only to be frozen forever or "reduced", i.e. aborted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy