GUILTY PA - Julie Pratt, 39, killed in ax attack, Exton, 27 Oct 2007

It looks like they have the right guy. How sad that her 14 year old son found her body.

Weird! I am not getting the news article, I am being linked to a page that is blank in the middle. It has listings on the sidebars, but I wouldn't know where to look to find the story. Help? :( ETA: See the image below to explain what I mean.

blanknewsstoryxj1.jpg

Aha! Is this the story you are talking about? "Murder suspect blames stranger" Bet my link will do the same thing, link to a generic page. I'll try tiny URL also. Here: http://tinyurl.com/37wl73 ETA: WEIRD!!! Once you have opened the story, the link will automatically take you to the story. But, when I first was trying to open the story, I got that generic page in the screen cap I posted. Very odd!

This guy is a complete moron...
He claims it was a large muscular black male and that he fled the house to go to his parents home several counties away..
He claims it was a large white male to detectives and claim he was told "your next"
And he states at some other point he tells a friend that his girlfriend was killed by a "gang member". Gangs are not a big problem here..maybe in the city but not where this occurred. This is a relatively quiet suburban area with some assaults ( mostly bar fights), petty crimes etc... murders are rare. The neighborhood where this was ia very quiet and hard to fi d.. this is a place you would need to know of to find.. not likely a random act. Also these are townhomes so neighbors are very close not prime pickings for a random crime of this nature.

Suppposedly he was smoking between 5:30- 6am.. when re-entering the is when he observed the 'suspect"
He apparently left to go home.. change and drive to his parents home. Its 140 miles away. The camera mounted outside his apartment building shows his with no shirt and carrying his shoes when he enters the building at alittle after 8 am.

He never calls police.. he knows there are children and his girlfriend in the home but does nothing to assist. He is soo intimidated he drives hours away ? He lives with in a 5 to 10 minute drive...
He also had changed his clothes and he admits to doing so. The detectives have found a bloody shirt wrapped around an axe like object in a dumpster near his home ( on the same block) which was covered with red staining and hairs.
The kids last saw their mom alive a couple of hours earlier.. 3- 3:30 am...she was found by the daughter (who told the son) with laying face down with trauma to the back of her head.

He has without knowing it confessed.. he admits to being there, changing his clothes, going home etc.. he is an idiot. One word for this one.. GUILTY.

I did forget to mention that the victim and her children had been staying with her parents home where this murder occurred. They children are in the custody and care of the grandparents.

My prayers for the victim's family, that poor son who found her..
This killer is a moron, was he on drugs?

I havent seen anything suggesting that he is using drugs.. but I'll do some checking.

I found out today that the daughter attends the middle school that is just down the street.. she is a couple of year ahead of my child.

From October 2008:

http://www.dailylocal.com/article/DL/20081011/TMP01/310119984

The voices that swirled in Thomas Adam Grigas' head just before Halloween last year told him that his girlfriend, Julie Pratt, had been taken over by a demon, and that the only way to bring her back to normal was to "take care of it." So he did...

On Friday, Grigas accepted responsibility for her death, pleading guilty but mentally ill to charges of third-degree murder and possession of instruments of crime.

Judge James P. MacElree II sentenced him to 18 to 40 years in a state prison, plus five years consecutive probation, according to the terms of a plea agreement between the prosecution and Grigas' defense attorneys.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back