Dogs Guard Master 3 weeks after death

What a good DOG story... am so sorry for the family...are they looking to adopt the dogs??

That is so sad. But I'm glad the dogs were with him when he died.

I read this yesterday and it warmed my heart. He couldn't communicate with humans but he could communicate with his dogs. The family is keeping his dogs as a reminder of their dad.

What a truly great story of loyalty and love! Thanks for sharing it! It is amazing what animals can do and how they can sense someone like Lorenz being ill. Protecting him was their charge and they did it well.

I hope it taught the searchers to never assume anything when looking! If it was known he had his dogs with him...of course, they should have checked out where the barking was coming from instead of guessing. That is just so sad since it is possible he could have been saved. : (

Dogs are very loyal and trusting companions, my hubby was saved by his cockerspaniel from drowning when he was a young boy, he knew he was in trouble and got help to him before he drowned. Dogs have a special ability when it comes to their owners, they know when they are sick, I have seen this in a few dogs of friends of mine. Im glad this man had his dogs with him till the end.

wow.. what sweet,, beautiful, wonderful animals they are!! it's so great to hear that the family appreciates them and wants to keep them. how could you not....?

Dogs are very loyal and trusting companions, my hubby was saved by his cockerspaniel from drowning when he was a young boy, he knew he was in trouble and got help to him before he drowned. Dogs have a special ability when it comes to their owners, they know when they are sick, I have seen this in a few dogs of friends of mine. Im glad this man had his dogs with him till the end.

My little dog likes to snuggle me when I'm feeling ill.

My parents were in Europe for the summer when I was home from college...I had a horrible flare up with asthma and my pulm wanted to admit me since no one was at home to check on my breathing while I slept. I refused (I didn't want to be in the hospital without my parents in town...silly, I know...I'd be awfully upset...I felt okay to stay home) and said I had neighbors, friends, etc that could come check on me. Their dog Holly isn't normally allowed on beds, etc. She would NEVER jump up without asking (very trained, very sweet, very smart). She didn't leave my bed for 2 days...not even for food, bathroom, etc. unless I got up...she would nudge me with her nose about every 2 hours to make sure I was okay. I'll never forget it...I was so lonely and sick...that dog was my angel.

I have been on bedrest for the last 6-7 months due to my high risk pregnancy and my pugs seldom leave my side. 2 have become overweight, so my sons have started to force them to go on a walk to lose some of the weight. They were the ideal weight for their height and breed before. It is so special to realize something cares that much about you.

When I was a little girl, our German Shepard went to live elsewhere for some reason. This place was many miles from our house. A month or so later, our dog came limping up to our house. His paws were raw and he was very skinny, but he was happy to be home! :) :(

I was on bedrest a few years ago and our sweet kitty Baby stayed right next to me the entire time. Another time, I was devastated over an event in my life. My cat, Chloe, stayed with me at night through all of it. These pets hadn't stayed with me like that before then.

Pets are incredibly loyal and deserve the best treatment possible from us.

For a couple of years before separating from my husband I was going through a really tough time emotionally with a lot of depression. Our German shep followed me everywhere. No matter what room I went into, she was always next to me looking at me, and I could see concern in her eyes. When I was in bed, she was on the floor beside me. I swear she knew how I felt.

For a couple of years before separating from my husband I was going through a really tough time emotionally with a lot of depression. Our German shep followed me everywhere. No matter what room I went into, she was always next to me looking at me, and I could see concern in her eyes. When I was in bed, she was on the floor beside me. I swear she knew how I felt.

I went through the same thing a few years ago. When I separated from my now exhusband, my dog Jake knew something was wrong with me. He would never leave my side. He would follow me everywhere and place his big old head on my lap all the time. When I'd cry (which was alot back then) he'd try to get on my lap or the couch and he's kiss my face and sometimes whine. Cookie, my shep mix was really anxious and stressed during this time and you could tell that she was almost going through a sort of separation anxiety because she was mainly my ex's dog. She'd wait by the window waiting for him to come back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back