What do you think happened to Madeleine?

What do you think happened to Madeleine?

• Madeleine was killed accidentally by one or both parents.

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Madeleine was killed intentionally by one or both parents.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Madeleine was kidnapped by a stranger and killed.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Madeleine was kidnapped and brought into a pedophile ring.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristan

Reaction score
I waver back and forth on this, but I'm inclined to think the parents killed her accidentally.

I want desperately for Madeleine to be found, alive but gut instinct tells me her parents accidentally killed her through medicine overdose...or underdose to the point where she awakened and did something to fatally injure herself while her parents were out of the apartment.

A lesser scenario I've played out is Kate in a completely unpremeditated moment of anger, frustration, rage struck out at Madeleine to discipline her but something went wrong and Madeleine suffered a fatal injury.

It's remotely possible she was kidnapped - but I still hold this as something the McCanns set up (unintentionally) by leaving her alone night after night.

A lesser scenario I've played out is Kate in a completely unpremeditated moment of anger, frustration, rage struck out at Madeleine to discipline her but something went wrong and Madeleine suffered a fatal injury.

I have long thought this was the most likely scenario, except it was at Gerry's hand, not Kate's.

I absolutely believe that there was never an abduction.

Premeditated, well thought out and researched...how to get away with murder.

Premeditated, well thought out and researched...how to get away with murder.

you think they planned to kill her before hand ? a planned murder ? - interesting , but not a shread of evidence to support that

Until I see some hard evidence on how the body was moved , disposed off and some hard evidence that the Mcanns were involved I have to go with an abduction of some sort

I do not discount that she was accidently killed and then disposed off by her parents but I want to see some evidence first - which I haven seen in this case

I agree gord.I am willing to be convinced and just havent been so far.

you think they planned to kill her before hand ? a planned murder ? - interesting , but not a shread of evidence to support that ...

Yes, I have always thought that, and I'm not upset that others don't agree. Time will tell. I have faith the truth will eventually come out.

There is not a shred of evidence she was abducted but many believe that...

I didn't vote as I really don't know what happened to Madeleine - I'm not sure if any of the above is correct.

I didn't vote as I really don't know what happened to Madeleine - I'm not sure if any of the above is correct.

The name of the poll is: What do you think not, What do you know.

Feel free to speculate. Share your gut instinct.

Yes, I have always thought that, and I'm not upset that others don't agree. Time will tell. I have faith the truth will eventually come out.

There is not a shred of evidence she was abducted but many believe that...

yes true you are correct - there really isnt a shred of evidence about anything at the moment - so I believe your theory is as good as any

From the reported dna evidence, I believe the parent who was most responsible for child care and most ready to snap caused a fatal head injury or other injury when Madeline would not go to sleep before ever going to the bar. I think it would be much more premeditated in the sense that it could have been preventable because there was probably some previous mistreatment and anger issues. Maybe even both parents were whipping Madeline. They both seem extremely self absorbed like two peas in a pod.

Sadly,I dont feel an abduction occured.

Didn't vote. I would have voted don't know but not given that option.
At this point I haven't seen any evidence that her parents harmed her so I will have to go with the abduction, either by a local or to order.

I do not think Madeleine was abducted! Swaying between accidental & deliberate killing.

Since there has been no evidence of an abduction, although, at times, I waver on this assumption, my gut instinct is to say the McCanns are involved in Madeline's disappearance.

I agree with the only exception being I think it could have been either one of the parents.

I truly am not trying to be argumentative, but what do you mean no evidence of abduction?

There is evidence -- the statements of the parents and the other Tapas 9 members. It's just a question of whether you find their statements credible. Whether there is evidence and whether it is credible and how much weight it ought to be given are two different things. I think when people say there is no evidence, they mean no affirmative physical evidence -- such as signs of a break in, videotape or surveillance photos, or unidentified fingerprints or DNA evidence.

There are plenty of disappeared children cases where there is no physical evidence of abduction, but the abduction scenario is not eliminated and, in some cases once other scenarios are eliminated, becomes the most reasonable explanation.

When I say no evidence, I mean no credible evidence! The theory of abduction has been riddled with contradictions; The windows were forced open, they were not. The apartment was locked, it was not! The abductor carried a bundle in a blanket, he carried Madeleine her pyjamas were visible! Matthew Oldfied went into the bedroom & saw the twins but Madeleines bed was out of site! Madeleine was sleeping between the twins? Matthew Oldfield did not go into the room, he merely listened at the door?
Will I go on?

When I say no evidence, I mean no credible evidence! The theory of abduction has been riddled with contradictions; The windows were forced open, they were not. The apartment was locked, it was not! The abductor carried a bundle in a blanket, he carried Madeleine her pyjamas were visible! Matthew Oldfied went into the bedroom & saw the twins but Madeleines bed was out of site! Madeleine was sleeping between the twins? Matthew Oldfield did not go into the room, he merely listened at the door?
Will I go on?

I think you have proved a point that what we have been fed by the media is a constant drip feed of leaks and is riddled with contradictions - which ,makes it virtualy impossible for anybody outside the investigation to make any real authortaive stab at what did happen ( actually even the PJ are having a hard time coming up with the something )

all your points above could be easily explained - there is always another side - I am not saying you are wrong , but I am saying none of us can be sure .

Take for example the shutters being forced open - that was what maybe Kate thought had haoppened - we do not no what went down in the final report . My theory on that one was that abductor entered villa from back door - entered Maddy's room and handed her out of window to abductor b - hence the shutters being open - Kate then assumes that the shutters must have been forced .

There could quite easily have been a small blanket as well - I know if I wrap my kid in a blanket - her feet would always stick out

I also have not seen a 100% final report on who was sleeping where - I have seen reports that they were on the same room , between each other - even Maddy in her own room - Mathew Oldfield again - he has said nothing bar his original report to the police - so it is really hard to discount anything .

That has been the problem with this case - it has dragged so long that after time specualitive reports in the media almost become fact after a while - and we in the end just go round in complete circles

All what you say could easily be 100% dead on , but it doesnt take that much of a stretch to easily explain an alternative on just about any theory we all have

I don't quite know why Madeline disappeared, whether it was an abduction or if her parents accidentally or intentionally killed her, but I sadly believe she is no longer alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member