"Magic Attic" books list sex line phone # in back

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.local6.com/news/14529873/detail.html?iref=werecommend

The Magic Attic series includes more than 30 titles targeting girls between ages nine and 12. The books have an 800 number in the back that now serves as a sex line.

One mother found out and checked out every Magic Attick book available from her library branch.

The books are coordinated with play dolls. The company was eventually sold to entertainer Marie Osmond. But the company folded and the books are now out of print.

The Tampa Tribune reports that a spokeswoman for Osmond says her doll company is not responsible for the book club number since the product line was discontinued years ago.

The phone company resold the number. (more at link)

Ok-the mom that check out all the books from the library once she found out about it....

why not just alert the librarians so they can take a black sharpie and color over it or put a sticker there. Lol-our library only lets you renew a book twice-they gotta go back to the library sometime!

Becca

I looked up my county's library website to see if they had these books and if they did I was going to contact headquarters. Oddly, all copies (6) are missing :confused:

I looked up my county's library website to see if they had these books and if they did I was going to contact headquarters. Oddly, all copies (6) are missing :confused:

Someone is probably a step ahead of you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back