GUILTY MO - Rowan Ford, 9, raped & murdered, Stella, 3 Nov 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

colomom

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.kctv5.com/news/14511488/detail.html

FFS, here we go again...

STELLA, Mo. -- Investigators suspect foul play was involved in the disappearance of a 9-year-old girl from her southwest Missouri home late Friday or early Saturday.
Rowan Ford, of Stella, was getting ready for bed around 8:30 p.m. Friday when her mother, Colleen Spears, left for work at a nearby Wal-Mart, authorities said.
The girl's stepfather, David Spears, told investigators that she was asleep when he looked in on her before going out with friends around 10:45 p.m., said Newton County Sheriff Ken Copeland.

(continues)

"Copeland said the stepfather and two of his male friends were with the girl at the home until they decided to go out together about 10:45 p.m. The stepfather told investigators that he looked in on the girl in her bedroom before leaving, and she was asleep."

I have a really bad feeling about this......

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...32F1766195E510B38625738A00479EF5?OpenDocument

"The sheriff said David Spears later told investigators that he left home a second time during the night Rowan disappeared.

Spears called his mother sometime after 1 a.m. Saturday and asked to use her vehicle, Copeland said. She took it to him around 1:30 a.m., then stayed at his house while Spears used her vehicle for about 5 1/2 hours, the sheriff said.

Copeland declined to say what Spears told investigators he was doing with the vehicle."

I trust that he is currently being interrogated....better be!!

Look at that, the story changes during the second round of questioning. I have a pretty good idea of what he needed a vehicle for for 5 1/2 hours. I sure hope they have that vehicle in custody right now.

I am very curious what he told his mother he needed the car for and what he told police he used it for. If his mother stayed at the house for 5 1/2 hours (so until at least 7:00am) she had to of known the child wasn't there.

How sad. Hate to say it, but pretty sure this will not have a happy ending.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...32F1766195E510B38625738A00479EF5?OpenDocument

"The sheriff said David Spears later told investigators that he left home a second time during the night Rowan disappeared.

Spears called his mother sometime after 1 a.m. Saturday and asked to use her vehicle, Copeland said. She took it to him around 1:30 a.m., then stayed at his house while Spears used her vehicle for about 5 1/2 hours, the sheriff said.

Copeland declined to say what Spears told investigators he was doing with the vehicle."

I trust that he is currently being interrogated....better be!!

I see driving without a license, DWI, forced child support and a garnishment for a hospital bill.

Not a stranger to the courts :mad:

LE needs to find the "friends" also.

That link just sent me to the main page. I tried doing a search but just found stuff for fines, etc. My question:
how on earth was the Mom gone working at walmart for over 12 hours? I work at walmart and NO ONE works a 12 hour shift here.

That link just sent me to the main page. I tried doing a search but just found stuff for fines, etc. My question:
how on earth was the Mom gone working at walmart for over 12 hours? I work at walmart and NO ONE works a 12 hour shift here.

There are many little tabs on the page to click for more details (I fixed the link to go to search page).

Ex-wife is a winner too, IMO.

Off to check on current wife (Rowans mom).

This case reminds me of Evelyn Miller from Ia. Mom working-Husband/boyfriend/stepfather at home with child. Starts boozing it up with buddies and- POOF- child is missing---NOT GOOD!!!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I'm betting the mother's husband sexually abused the little girl, killed her and then hid her body. grrrrrrrrrrr

I am sick of hearing about this cases. :(

I haven't followed this case, but it does sound like that man has everything to do with her disappearance. If his mom came over to loan him a car in the middle of the night and she stayed there...did she bother to check in on the little girl? I know I would have! I would have also asked a LOT of questions as to why my son needed my car in the middle of the night, too!! What was this woman thinking or does she know what he was doing already? There is so much hinky about this case.

There is no way he is not involved in this and no way this is going to come to a good end.

Bless her little heart. She sounds like such a dear, sweet child. She just wanted acceptance and love by the way she showed up early to surround herself with kind, loving people. This points to what she was missing at home.

Another tragedy which I doubt will have a happy ending!

I haven't followed this case, but it does sound like that man has everything to do with her disappearance. If his mom came over to loan him a car in the middle of the night and she stayed there...did she bother to check in on the little girl? I know I would have! I would have also asked a LOT of questions as to why my son needed my car in the middle of the night, too!! What was this woman thinking or does she know what he was doing already? There is so much hinky about this case.

There is no way he is not involved in this and no way this is going to come to a good end.

Bless her little heart. She sounds like such a dear, sweet child. She just wanted acceptance and love by the way she showed up early to surround herself with kind, loving people. This points to what she was missing at home.
This is going to be one of those cases where we wonder how much evil plays a part.

There is no way this mom of his wasn't aware of what he was doing and trying to hide the fact. I have seen it on other cases where it is prevalent. I know it is soon to call and judge but there is an ongoing malignancy to obscure facts of a case when the end result bears a strong resemblence to your own family. You have got to look at these people and their motives.

Can you guys tell me why the FBI would be called in? Would that be because she was taken out of state? Are there other reasons? Forgive my ignorance, this is new to me.

Thanks.

Can you guys tell me why the FBI would be called in? Would that be because she was taken out of state? Are there other reasons? Forgive my ignorance, this is new to me.

Thanks.

It's probably because a child is involved. FBI get into these cases very early nowadays to make sure local LE doesn't screw them up.

If David Spears went out drinking early in the evening, how did he get there? Was he picked up? It sounds as if he didn't have a car, otherwise why would he have to borrow one from his mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member