MI MI - Jodi Parrack, 11, abducted & murdered, Constantine, 7 Nov 2007

How sad. I hadn't even heard about her missing. :( Sad.

Bizarre that her own mother found her.

jeez... it seems like they are dying faster than the media can report about them. what the hell is going on.......???

110907ConstantineMurder2.jpg

God Bless Her Little Soul

Prayers for this mother. I have an 11 yr old and I'd be out 24/7 searching for her if she was missing. I can't imagine how this mother's heart must have pounded in pain as she discovered her own daughter.

I don't know what to think of this... In a cemetary, two and a half to three and a half hours after being reported officially missing? What a horrible way to find a loved one. :( :( :( I hope my jaded side is mistaken, too.

jeez... it seems like they are dying faster than the media can report about them. what the hell is going on.......???

I was thinking the same thing, reb. :(

reb, I was just thinking the same thing as I kept opening threads this a.m. titled "missing child found dead in cave...in cemetary...in park..." :( :(

Hug your children a lot and keep them close.

Police are looking for a light-colored van. They wouldn't go into any more detail except to say there had been some reports recently of suspicious vehicles following children. They don't know if it's connected.

http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/11155741.html

Just after the start of the school year, investigators in nearby Three Rivers warned parents about a suspicious vehicle, an SUV or van, trying to pick up kids. But prosecutor Fisher said, "We have no connection yet. I don't know that we will."

http://www.woodtv.com/global/story.asp?s=7335158&ClientType=Printable

Carver contacted police after her daughter failed to return at 5:30 p.m. from visiting friends on East Third Street, Honeysett said. The girl had been seen earlier riding a silver Mongoose bicycle.
"About 7:30 p.m., she (Carver) came down here and we took an initial report," Honeysett said. "Our officer told her to start contacting Jodi's friends, and he started making calls and personal visits."
Carver, other family members and friends began their own search, which ended with the discovery of the girl's body in the cemetery.

http://blog.mlive.com/kzgazette/2007/11/fbi_joins_probe_of_girls_death.html

Was the cemetery nearby to a route Jodi would have taken to get to her house or go with her friends? Also, was the bike she was riding found too? If it wasn't found with her body, then the bike would be where she was before the cemetery i would think. There's no visible trauma, then i guess we will have to wait for the results to see if there was any sexual misconduct involved. She is a beautiful child, and a pervert would be enticed. What made her mother check the cemetery if it wasn't usually a place where the children played? How long was the mother searching before she checked in the cemetery?
I wonder if they do any toxicology tests on her and what that will turn up if there is no visible trauma. If it was a pervert, you would think she would try to fight or run and show bruises around her arm or something (grabbing marks). Something is amiss here..
Where the perv in the beige/light color older model van was spotted following kids; how far are those towns from where Jodi lived? If someone had a tranq gun and shot a child with it, then planned on kidnapping them, got distracted and paranoid at either others approaching or potential witnesses then took off. ..sounds like a long shot yet you never know nowadays. It's just if there was no visible bruises or sexual assault involved then that leaves us with someone who knew her personally that she trusted enough not to fight back. I hope they find the culprit..

Was the cemetery nearby to a route Jodi would have taken to get to her house or go with her friends? Also, was the bike she was riding found too? If it wasn't found with her body, then the bike would be where she was before the cemetery i would think. There's no visible trauma, then i guess we will have to wait for the results to see if there was any sexual misconduct involved. She is a beautiful child, and a pervert would be enticed. What made her mother check the cemetery if it wasn't usually a place where the children played? How long was the mother searching before she checked in the cemetery?
I wonder if they do any toxicology tests on her and what that will turn up if there is no visible trauma. If it was a pervert, you would think she would try to fight or run and show bruises around her arm or something (grabbing marks). Something is amiss here..
Where the perv in the beige/light color older model van was spotted following kids; how far are those towns from where Jodi lived? If someone had a tranq gun and shot a child with it, then planned on kidnapping them, got distracted and paranoid at either others approaching or potential witnesses then took off. ..sounds like a long shot yet you never know nowadays. It's just if there was no visible bruises or sexual assault involved then that leaves us with someone who knew her personally that she trusted enough not to fight back. I hope they find the culprit..

What I heard on the news was that the mother saw the bicycle by the cemetery and that is why the mother looked *in* the cemetery.

None of the other towns where there were reports about the light colored van are *that* far from Constantine.

Any word on a suspect description yet? :(

*Bump*

No. This happened quite close to where I live, less than 15 miles. I'll post some local links:

Prosecutor: ‘Children are going to help us solve this case’ Link:http://www.sturgisjournal.com/articles/2007/11/12/news/doc47385151d0057025959686.txt

Kalamazoo Gazette: "Police have asked anyone who may have seen suspicious people or vehicles in the village Thursday to come forward. Specifically, investigators have said a light-colored "painters-style" van was seen near Constantine Middle School on Thursday.

At Saturday's news conference, authorities further revealed that a dark-colored pickup truck, possibly a Ford Ranger, also was seen Thursday afternoon in the vicinity of the cemetery." Link: http://blog.mlive.com/kzgazette/2007/11/police_get_150_tips_in_girls_h.html

Constantine is a very small town. This has really shaken people to the core. With the earlier reports of a guy in a van approaching girls in at least 4 communities, it's scary. As for Jodi, a friend (who is male) has said she avoided the cemetery. It was near her home, but not on the route she would've taken to get home from her (another friend, a girl) friend's house.

Although I am always outside to wait with my son for his bus, as do most parents in our neighborhood, now every one is hyper-protective.

I sure hope they find who murdered this beautiful girl. I didn't at first, but my dh thought it strange that the mother found her.

from what I read, the cemetary was in the opposite direction of where she should have been coming from.

what keeps getting to me is the are so hush hush on everything AND, WHY was she taken and killed. They're stating no obvious signs of abuse nor cause of death. MOST that seem to abduct kids do it for a reason...Sick reasons, but there is still a reason behind it.

Mom finding her strikes me as unusual. Nothing has been said about anyone else being w/ her at the time. To me it's both odd and heartbreaking. I can't imagine, being left alone at a time like that, nevermind searching alone.

There is a sex offender living just a stone's throw from that cemetery (2/10ths of a mile). I'd imagine, though, that police would have already questioned him and the rest of the 26 or so offenders living in Constantine.

An old friend of mine lives just down the road from Constantine (on Constantine Rd, in fact) and she told me of suspicious vehicles following kids in the area weeks ago. She said local parents were frustrated because they weren't sure how seriously the police were taking the situation.

Steve/Mr. A

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back