The Will County Coroners Office

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
I'm starting this thread to put info that may pertain to the general history and operations The Will County Coroners Office.

(snip)
According to a release from State's Attorney James Glasgow, US District Court Judge Wayne Andersen earlier this week dismissed a lawsuit filed by former Chief Deputy Coroner Janet Alexander. Andersen reportedly ruled that Alexander's claims against Coroner Patrick O'Neil were legally unsound.

Alexander had alleged in her lawsuit she was fired for publicly questioning the coroner's procedures during an autopsy on 3-year-old sexual assault and drowning victim Riley Fox.

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=7145575

It sure seems like Patrick ONeil has some things he needs to answer for. I hope someone starts asking him questions.

It sure seems like Patrick ONeil has some things he needs to answer for. I hope someone starts asking him questions.

Patrick ONeil had to apologize to Dr. Scott Denton since investigators misrepresented his findings (i.e., lied) during the inquest on Riley Fox. IMHO, they can be VERY aggressive to get the result they want from an inquest. Obviously, they wanted to downplay Kathleen S. death at the time of her murder and got the results they wanted ... a free and clear Drew Peterson.

Very interesting interview on Bill O'Reilly tonight. He had as his guest, Dr. Michael Baden, and interviewed him in regards to the death of Kathleen Savio. Basically, he asked about the background, and the original coroners jury who ruled accidental and noted the "police officer friend" of DP on the panel. O'Reilly asked what the delay was, why hasn't the results of the second autopsy been released. Dr. Baden said it was due to some of the toxicology tests and reports that are delaying it.

Dr. Baden then said a grand jury is reviewing all of this. O'Reilly asked if Dr. Baden had been called to appear before the grand jury, and Dr. Baden said no, but that the two doctors who had done the second autopsy will be appearing. O'Reilly asked if Dr. Baden knew these two medical examiners, and Dr. Baden said yes, that he knew them and they're both very good. O'Reilly asked if he knew what they're report was going to say and Dr. Baden replied that he pretty much knew what was going to be reported. O'Reilly asked him if he thought there'd be an indictment and Dr. Baden said yes.

O'Reilly asked if he knew what they're report was going to say and Dr. Baden replied that he pretty much knew what was going to be reported. O'Reilly asked him if he thought there'd be an indictment and Dr. Baden said yes.

Does anyone know when to expect the results of the toxicology report?

Patrick ONeil had to apologize to Dr. Scott Denton since investigators misrepresented his findings (i.e., lied) during the inquest on Riley Fox. IMHO, they can be VERY aggressive to get the result they want from an inquest. Obviously, they wanted to downplay Kathleen S. death at the time of her murder and got the results they wanted ... a free and clear Drew Peterson.
---------------
Yeah, Drew had his own personal angels looking out for him. This proves that there is definitely a thin blue line and blue will cover blue.

---------------
Yeah, Drew had his own personal angels looking out for him. This proves that there is definitely a thin blue line and blue will cover blue.
While I know this is true, I'm still gobsmacked by it. One would hope that they would still have a line that they would draw as far as to what extent the coverage would go, but obviously that is not the case.

This entire case just angers me so......... I am constantly having to sit on my hands so that I don't let my fingers override my azz.

He actually believed he was above reproach. He thought he was going to get away with murder, not just once, but at least twice, and very possibly more by the way it sounds. He was dirty from the get-go. Sure makes me wonder what else he's done under the veil of blue...........

Exclusive: New Scrutiny in Peterson Case

It is said there are six degrees of separation between all of us, but the link between Drew Peterson and Greg Long is downright uncanny.

Long believes the connection is so remarkably significant, that he made a plea for help after realizing the coincidence.

Long and Peterson now are both behind bars. Both men are fighting murder charges. And the lives of both men could come down to what one man had to say. That person is forensic pathologist, Dr. Bryan R. Mitchell.

Mitchell is the man who, for Will County, performed the original autopsy on Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio. On March 1, 2004, Savio was found dead at her home in a waterless bathtub, soaked in blood. After examining her body, it was in Mitchell's opinion, that Savio's death could be "ascribed to drowning."
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/drew_peterson_greg_long

From mysteriew's link:
"If you believe Long's story, that he's an innocent man, who had no reason to kill David Henker, then how do you explain the bruises found on his neck? During trial, Dr. Shaku Teas, a pathologist who testified on behalf on Long, cast blame directly at the feet of Dr. Mitchell. She stated his autopsy procedure were faulty and his conclusions were incorrect. She concluded Henker died as a result of alcohol poisoning, and in her opinion, the manner in which Dr. Mitchell performed Henker's autopsy actually created those bruises on his neck." (italics mine) Oooookay that's a pretty big discrepency here!

:woohoo:
From mysteriew's link:
"If you believe Long's story, that he's an innocent man, who had no reason to kill David Henker, then how do you explain the bruises found on his neck? During trial, Dr. Shaku Teas, a pathologist who testified on behalf on Long, cast blame directly at the feet of Dr. Mitchell. She stated his autopsy procedure were faulty and his conclusions were incorrect. She concluded Henker died as a result of alcohol poisoning, and in her opinion, the manner in which Dr. Mitchell performed Henker's autopsy actually created those bruises on his neck." (italics mine) Oooookay that's a pretty big discrepency here!

Yeah, after I read that I worried a little that Brodsky would try to use this type of thing to obscure the facts in the autopsy done on Kathleen. But Kathleen's first autopsy actually favored the defense. But even that autopsy did make mention of bruising with no attempt to define the source or type of brusing. And after the two additional autopsys that were done, it was mentioned that Kathleen's remains were in exceptionally good shape for the length of time that she had been buried. And they specifically mentioned that some of the bruising could still be seen.

Bruising still evident after all these years. Wow. Just wow. What an animal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back