IL IL - Christie Cales, 40, Blue Island, 11 March 1998

Great idea, Indy! I think it is important she not be forgotten in this investigation. She could have met with foul play via DP herself. It isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

Does anyone know if Christie's purse or bible were ever found? Any witnessess who saw her walking that evening? Any news articles??

~ snip from article at: http://tinyurl.com/yrvaso

It's been nearly 10 years since Stacy's mother, Christie Cales, has been heard from, as she has seemingly disappeared without a trace. But in the early years of Anthony and Linda Cales' marriage, Christie was still around.

"She always up and vanished and then all of a sudden she would show up wanting to see the kids," she said. "She wasn't exactly the model mother.

"I was taking care of the kids and they looked at me as if I was Mom."

When Linda and Anthony Cales decided to divorce around 2000, it was their stepmother with whom the kids wanted to live, according to Linda Cales.

Copy and pasted from Stacy's thread:

Today, 03:29 PM
SuziQ
user_online.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1789752", true);

Greta is asking for questions to ask about Stacey's mothers disappearance!

by Greta Van Susteren
One of the segments we will be doing tonight is looking into Stacy Peterson’s mother — who coincidentally disappeared when Stacy was 15. Yes, vanished from her family…left the kids..etc…what happened to her??? Check in tonight at 10pm and we will have the latest….
But before you click out of this blog, I need help from you: what question do you have about the disappearance? Post your question right here….I will read these comments before I do the interview at 10pm eastern!!

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11...00-pm-eastern/

I think there is a very strong physical resemblance between Stacy's mom and wife No. 3!!

Crossposting this from the Stacy thread. Just past halfway through the tape Ric Sims talks about Stacy's mom. He mentions, IIRC, that they tried to find her at one time her ssn showed that a cable service was under her name. They went to the house and the residents said they didn't know a Christy Cales and they had been at that address for 40 years. I'm thinking someone mistyped the SSN.

Very interesting phone call between Greta and Ric Sims. He explains why he is not staying at his house. Go to the below link and click on the blue and white soundwave box.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11...ms-has-to-say/

Just google mapped Bolingbrook to Blue Island where stacy's mom disappeared and came up with 27 miles. Odd? Very close to DP. Maybe stacy's mom knew DP first:waitasec: ?

Just google mapped Bolingbrook to Blue Island where stacy's mom disappeared and came up with 27 miles. Odd? Very close to DP. Maybe stacy's mom knew DP first:waitasec: ?

27 miles is close?

Did we ever find out for sure whether DP dated SP's older sister before she died? Or did we ever find out what year DP was introduced to that family?

Did we ever find out for sure whether DP dated SP's older sister before she died? Or did we ever find out what year DP was introduced to that family?

I asked Greta to ask about that tonight and if that is how Drew may have met Stacy's mom.

I asked Greta to ask about that tonight and if that is how Drew may have met Stacy's mom.

You and about 50 others asked that. I wonder how many times they are going to bring up if both wife #1 & #2 are alive :)

You and about 50 others asked that. I wonder how many times they are going to bring up if both wife #1 & #2 are alive :)

And poor Betty keeps having to kill wife #1 off with blogicide. lol

This is the info we got from Greta on her show tonight- here is the transcript that pertained to Stacy's mom:

3rd Segment: Topic: Stacey's mother.

Jennifer Goals of Naperville Sun is being interviewed. SHE TALKS SUPER FAST!

Stacy's parents were divorced before she disappeared. Dad had already remarried. They were living in florida. Mom was very intermittent in her life. At around age 17 she never came back to visit again. Dad is alive and mom's missing. Lots of leads that ended up as dead ends, family believes that mom may be dead as well. Family had tried to hire PI.

Cales family had a hard time. According to family friend, when cristy left it was after the death of a second daughter. Very hard to cope- it was her way of dealing with it. One daughter died in a house fire, one died of sids. Stacey's daughter is named after her sister (that died of SIDS) - Laci. Brother has been in trouble. Is serving a 54 month prison sentence for sexual assault. He was 23 and victim was 15. Police reports do not indicate whether the victim was known to him.

Stacy's father- Anthony Cales. Not a lot known about him. His ex wife is the one who talked to this reporter. Ex wife says Anthony had alcohol issues when the girls were growing up. Is stacy on good terms? Don't know. No one has seen him in this issue. Not at searches, etc.... Cassandra is Stacy's sister who she is very close to. Tina was stacy's half sister- shared same mother- different father. Tina died last year of cancer.

*WHEW* I did my best- I rewound, but this lady talks really, really fast. I didn't know that Stacy was not living with her mother when mother disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back