The 911 call

At no point does he seem even the slightest bit concerned that someone might still be in the house.

He asks them to call Mark Stone (from his church). The dispatcher has someone call Mark Stone but when she tells Raven that Mark's not there, Raven says "I don't know ... I just got home". He seems to stumble a bit through this part of the call. Maybe I'm looking too hard for something to be amiss but it seems very bizarre to me. It seems almost as if he realizes that he said something wrong during that part. ETA: I wonder if he thought she said "who was there?" rather than "he's not there". In that case, he answered very quickly, IMO, as if he had his answer at the ready.

Also, the end of the call where he goes very quiet ... something seems off.

This 911 call is completely staged, he could calmly state his address, twice, he could state his name perfectly - Raven, like the bird.

Raven....why?

He was incoherent, then he could repeat the address, then incoherent, but he was careful when he expressed what he found when he came into the house.

He sounded like he said this is not my......

He was hyperventilating then he perfectly stated My name is Raven Abaroa. Raven like the bird, yet and still everything seems so fake.

Also, he states in his interview how religion was so important to him, though he was a man of many affairs.

He states, I need my Bishop....then he couldn't remember his Bishops name, but I'm sure Janet knew who the Bishop was.

He doesn't do dramatic well, he sounds angry at times, like he doesn't know how he is suppose to pull it off.

He doesn't even think about going to get the baby, he doesn't think someone can be in the house to harm him or the baby, cause I guess he knew there was nobody in the house to harm Kaiden nor him.

JG you are right, it was eerily quiet. She asks if he is okay and he states Yeah, I'm okay. He sounds cold and calculating to me, like now he had to figure out how he was going to pull off this next stage and as though he was mentally calculating, did he cross all t's and dot all i's now that law enforcement was there.

Does he sound like he is saying "it's not breathing" at one point.

I'm going to transcribe this the best I can unless someone else is working on it.

When he says the home teacher he says - Mike, come on Mike, likes he is on a game show. The operator then says Mark Stone. It's weird because he doesn't know his Bishop, doesn't remember his ward, but yet mentions in the video how he entertained and how religion was so important to him. He says "I NEED SOME HELP"

Did he ask for help for Janet?
Did he ask who could have done this?
Did he show concern for the his safety or kaidens?
Did he say oh my gosh someone killed my wife, why would someone do this?

Why did he get so silent in the end, was it because the 911 operator mentioned someone else coming from his Church and it wasn't who he wanted, was it because he was worried about LE and how he was going to handle this next acting job.

After this airing, after this 911 call, after the interview with Raven, I do not see how he is still out on the street.

Just listening to the recording now. When the operator is asking about Janet's wound, he say's he put his hand on "it". Some posters hear him say "it's not breathing" , I hear it's not bleeding.

IMO at times he sounds so very coherant and rehersed, other times when he slips into hysterics it sounds so over dramatized.

Wow thanks - I heard it's not breathing, and I was like huh....it makes no sense to me. Thanks for listening to it. I can't seem to get around to transcribing it tonight.

What did he say after "it's not bleeding"...I tried and couldn't hear it.

I think that he got quiet toward the end of the 911 call because he was distracted by what the police were doing.

He did sound rather flipped out, the hyperventalating & such.

He asks them to call Mark Stone (from his church). The dispatcher has someone call Mark Stone but when she tells Raven that Mark's not there, Raven says "I don't know ... I just got home". He seems to stumble a bit through this part of the call. Maybe I'm looking too hard for something to be amiss but it seems very bizarre to me. It seems almost as if he realizes that he said something wrong during that part. ETA: I wonder if he thought she said "who was there?" rather than "he's not there". In that case, he answered very quickly, IMO, as if he had his answer at the ready.

Also, the end of the call where he goes very quiet ... something seems off.
The part that I bolded, I think is where the police or paramedics came in the door & he was telling them his story.

What did he say after "it's not bleeding"...I tried and couldn't hear it.
I think it was more incoherant mumbling. I was listening to it with my fiancee' who has never heard about this case and at first he thought Raven was sincerly distraught but when he listened closer he agreed that he was over acting especially when he was hyperventaling...

A friend of mine transcribed this for me and I am going to go through it and post here. If there are missing pieces please feel free to let me know so I can update.

** not sure inaudible - if anyone hears anything differently please post so we can correct.

http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/audio/2034527/

R: Oh God **

OP: Durham 911 Where is your emergency?

R: Help**(Inaudible) I’m at home** my wife** (speaking over the OP)

OP: Mam I can’t understand you.

R: My wife she’s dead.

OP: What?

R: My wife is dead.

OP: Ok. You’re gonna have stop yellin’ so I can understand you.

R: **trying

R: Oh baby. (sobbing) baby.

OP: Mam I can’t understand you.

R: Please. (sobbing, inaudiable)

OP: I can not understand you.

OP: Where are you?

R: (Heavy breathing)

OP: Where are you mam?

R: My. (breathing) My wife is not breathing. She’s

OP: Ok, you’re going to have to calm down ok, what’s the address?

R: 2606 Ferrand Drive. 2606 Ferrand Drive.

OP: Ok, now tell me what’s wrong.

R: She’s been shot or something there’s blood everywhere.

OP: She’s been shot?

R: Yes.

OP. Ok. Alright. I want you to.

R: I can’t

OP: Listen to me.

R: don’t** (he says it over the top of her and it sounds like “Doh”)

OP: Can you listen to me? I need you to calm down and talk to me and answer my questions, ok? What’s the phone number you’re calling from?

R: I’m at 593 – 4535.

OP: 4935?

R: 4535

OP: Ok, and how old is your wife?

R: She is 25.

OP: Ok, and you just came home?

OP: Alright, now tell, now tell me what, tell me exactly what is goin’ on there. Tell me exactly what you came in to.

R: I came in to my house. I came upstairs. Um, the lights were off, the door was cracked open. I thought. I saw, I left it open. Ah,,My baby’s crying right now.

OP: How old’s your baby?

R: He was 6 months old.

OP: Ok,

R: It’s my wife.

OP: Ok, listen to me honey ok? I need you to calm down for me, alright, answer me some questions. Is your wife conscious?

R: No. She’s like blue.

OP: She’s blue?

R: Her eyes are open. (sobbing)

OP: Alright, ok, hang with me now, just calm down, ok? I need you to calm down so I can help you, ok? Alright, I’m sending the paramedics to help you now, stay on the line I’ll tell you exactly what to do.

R: (Deep breaths) (Inaudible). ……shot. (Inaudible).

OP: Just try to calm down, ok.

R: Ok. This is is not right. (Inaudible. Listen for the deep voice in the background. Probably from the 911 office.) ……… she heard me?**

OP: I’m sorry?

R: (Inaudible)

OP: Just try to calm down for me, ok?

R: (Five deep breaths)

OP: Listen to me now, ok? What’s your name?

R: My name is Raven Abaroa.

OP: I’m sorry, what’s your name?

R: Raven

OP: Raven?

R: Raven, like the bird, Raven.

OP: Ok, listen to me now, ok? I want you to listen to me very carefully, ok?

R: She’s not breathing.** (over the top of the OP)

R: There’s like stuff everywhere.

OP: Ok, honey, I’m getting help on the way, but I want you to listen to me, ok?
Are you listening? I want you to take a deep breath in through your nose and let it out very slowly through your mouth, ok?

OP: Do that a couple of times. Try to calm down so we can talk, ok? And she’s upstairs?

R: Yes, and my baby’s crying.

OP: Can you get the baby with you?

R: Yes, but I ca…

OP: Just try, honey, you’re gonna scare the baby to death, just try to calm down for me, ok?

R: (Inaudible) Kaiden, Kaiden

OP: I’m sorry.

R: My baby, **

OP: I know.** Try to calm down for me, ok?

OP: Raven. Take some more deep breaths, ok? In slowly through the no, in through the nose and out slowly through the mouth, ok?

R: It’s ok Kaiden.

OP: Ok, try to calm down ‘cause we don’t’ want to scare the baby to death, ok?

OP: Ok, try to calm down, you’re doing well, you’re doin’ very well. How long have you been gone?

R: Uh, since like eight.

OP: And she’s in an upstairs bedroom?

R: Yeah.

OP: Just, you’re doin’ well. Just stay with me and try to calm down. I’m gonna keep you on the phone until I get you help there, ok? Do you feel like doin’ CPR

would help?

R: She’s not with me.

OP: She’s not?

R: I need my Bishop.

OP: You need your what, honey?

R: I need my bishop.

OP: You need your what?

R: My Bishop of my church ……….(Inaudible)

OP: Alright, what’s his name?

R: I don’t know.

OP: Just, just, come on, take some more deep breaths for me Raven you’re doin’ good.

R: Dean**… I don’t know… Dean**

OP: Ok, just, just calm down for me, ok? Come on take some more deep breaths for me. In through the nose out through the mouth, ok?

OP: Can you tell how many times your wife has been shot?

OP: Do you see any bullet holes?

R: I can see one, like right in the chest.

OP: Shot in the chest?

R: Yeah, I put my hand on it but nothing. It’s, it’s not bleeding, it’s nothing.

R: (Inaudible) What’s his name?

OP: Raven, Raven, Raven stay with me honey I need you to calm down, ok?

OP: Try to calm down for me, ok? Deep breaths, in through the nose out through the mouth slowly. Where is the baby?

R: He’s in my hands, he’s (Inaudible)

OP: He’s in your hands. Ok, if he is calmed down now?

OP: Ok. Well you try to calm down so that he can stay calm, ok?

OP: You said when you came home the front door was cracked open?

R: Uh, my side door, I came in my side door.

R: (Inaudible) Bishop, Um, my home teacher is Mike and Sam. Mike’s last name, Mike, come on Mike, um, it’s…

OP: Do you know his phone number?

R: Umm, yeah, please. I gotta go, Janet I love you.

OP: Come on Raven, stick with me now, try to calm down, ok? You gotta be there for that baby, ok?

R; Yes, mam

OP: Ok, you just try to calm down. I’m stayin’ with you til they get there, ok?

R: (Inaudible) …

OP: I know you’re upset

R: I need

OP: Come on baby, you need to breath, honey, you need to breath.

R: Um, Mark Stone, Mark Stone

OP: Mike Stone?

R: Mark Stone’s number is 732 – xxxx. I need some help.

OP: Ok, what was Mark’s last name, Stone?

R: Yeah, there’s somebody here

OP: And it’s Mark Stone?

R: Yeah

OP: Ok, alright, I want you to stay on the phone with me, ok?

R: Ok.

OP: And I’m going to get somebody to call him for us.

OP: Call Mark Stone at that number and tell him I have Raven on the phone.

R: (Inaudible) Kaiden,

OP: Does he know where you live?

OP: He does? (Tell him to come to his house.** )

R: I need help **, I can’t do this alone (over the top of OP)

OP: Ok, try to calm down for me, now come on Raven, breath for me, breath for me. Slow deep breaths. Try to calm down. You’re doin’ great, you’re really doin’ great. Slow deep breaths, ok? Slow deep breaths.

OP: You ok?

OP: What’s your name? Just Raven?

R: My name is Raven.

OP: His name is Raven. (to someone in her office) Mark Stone.

OP: He’s not there. Ok, Mark Stone is not there, who else did you say?

R: (Inaudible) cell phone.

OP: Huh? Are the police there with you?

R: I don’t know, I just got home five minutes ago.

(Inaudible word, maybe from Raven, Sir, maybe?)

R: Yes mam

OP: Are the police there with you?

R: Yes,

OP: Alright, now I want you to calm down I need to ask you something, ok?

OP: We’ve called the number for Mark Stone but they said that he’s not there. Is there anybody else you want me to call?

R: I can’t remember my bishop’s name.

OP: Ok, honey try to calm down. What church do you go to?

R: The church of Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints.

OP: Ok, which one?

R: Uh, Durham, second ward.

OP: Durham what?

R: Second ward.

OP: Do you know where that, I mean, what address is that?

R: I don’t know. It’s a mile from here.

OP: Mister Ma, Hey Raven there is a Mr. Macordy(sp) on the way to your residence. He’s from your church. Are you there Raven? Raven. Hello?

R: Yes

R: Umm Hmm.

OP: Are you there?

R: Yeah.

OP: Ok, there’s a Mr. Macordy? on the way to your house. He’s from your church. Ok? Are you alright now, are you gonna be ok while their there?

OP: I’m gonna let you go so you can talk to the, to the police that are there, ok?

R: Ok.

OP: You ok?

R: Yeah, I’m ok.

OP: You breathin’ alright for me?

OP: Ok, I’m gonna let you go and talk to the people that are there, ok?

R: Ok

OP: Alright

R: Bye

OP: Bye bye.

I just think it is so telling that he specifically asked for his home teachers...because they had been their earlier and could help him with this alibi. I've been a mormon all my life, but my first response in a crisis would not be, "I need my hometeachers." And then he went all silent when he realized someone who couldn't corroborate his soccer story was showing up instead.

..based on this part of the transcribed call:

R: I came in to my house. I came upstairs. Um, the lights were off, the door was cracked open. I thought. I saw, I left it open. Ah,,My baby’s crying right now.

OP: How old’s your baby?

R: He was 6 months old.

OP: Ok,

R: It’s my wife.

OP: Ok, listen to me honey ok? I need you to calm down for me, alright, answer me some questions. Is your wife conscious?

R: No. She’s like blue.

OP: She’s blue?

R: Her eyes are open. (sobbing)

OP: Alright, ok, hang with me now, just calm down, ok? I need you to calm down so I can help you, ok? Alright, I’m sending the paramedics to help you now, stay on the line I’ll tell you exactly what to do.

R: (Deep breaths) (Inaudible). ……shot. (Inaudible).

OP: Just try to calm down, ok.

R: Ok. This is is not right. (Inaudible. Listen for the deep voice in the background. Probably from the 911 office.) ……… she heard me?**

OP: I’m sorry?

OP: Just try to calm down for me, ok?

R: (Five deep breaths)

OP: Listen to me now, ok? What’s your name?

R: My name is Raven Abaroa.

OP: I’m sorry, what’s your name?

R: Raven

R: Raven, like the bird, Raven.

OP: Ok, listen to me now, ok? I want you to listen to me very carefully, ok?

R: She’s not breathing.** (over the top of the OP)

R: There’s like stuff everywhere.

OP: Ok, honey, I’m getting help on the way, but I want you to listen to me, ok?
Are you listening? I want you to take a deep breath in through your nose and let it out very slowly through your mouth, ok?

OP: Do that a couple of times. Try to calm down so we can talk, ok? And she’s upstairs?

R: Yes, and my baby’s crying.

............very shortly into the call, raven states that the baby is crying......

....it's clearly a few minutes of questions/ answers between raven and the 911 operator that he states AGAIN that kaiden is upstairs and crying, and this time, finally, goes to get him.

..the ONLY way on earth that raven ( or any responsible parent on the planet ) would not have run and got kaiden the 1st time--------OR when raven 1st got home!!---is that raven knew kaiden wasn't in ANY danger whatsoever: because his mother's murderer was right there on the phone with 911.

..imagine, arriving home to a murder scene---wouldn't a NORMAL person think that perhaps the deranged killer was still in the house ?? especially go and grab the baby and get the heck of the there ???

..raven appeared to be so out of breath/hyperventilating when giving his events of "what happened"............yet managed to be clear and concise when it came to address/phone number........as well as the whole side door/ front door dialogue.

..he knows his own address--but can't think of the name of his home teacher----? ( which by the way is the most common name going.)

..the whole 911 call comes across as SUCH a performance, but in the end, he completely forgot to put in the real human emotions as well.....

..and also, when he 1st says "the baby is crying--------------and doesn't make a move to go up and get him ( we can't hear a baby crying can we ? ) the 2nd time, he apparently does go and get kaiden ( we still can't hear a baby crying ) except for a few seconds when he is ( apparently ) back with him------------THEN, kaiden is wailing for a couple of seconds.

..why? because he sees that his mother is dead ? ( of course not, a baby would never know how to distinguish that), i quite honestly think that raven pinched kaiden to get that cry out of him at that point, the mere fact that we couldn't hear kaiden at all thus far into the 911 call, he was probably sound asleep-------and was just a prop of raven's to use when he felt he needed to.

..and i fully agree that at the end of the call--------when raven is suddenly not responding ( and clearly all of a sudden NOT hyperventilating/etc. ) that he is doing something on the other end------somehow, the 911 call didn't go the way he had planned it---and he was now improvising .

..i also hope that someone has asked him why on earth he was wearing a pin from the vigil---------the vigil that he could not be bothered to attend ??? that was disgusting.

Gosh, you know with everything else going on at the time, I completely missed this post.

Raven is so very good at what he does. He's good, really good. He can con just about anyone. He is one of those people, that is capable of making you think it's everyone else and it's not him.

One thing that is different about Raven vs. let's say Casey Anthony is that Casey Anthony is good at being a spur of the moment thinker. Raven needs to plan things, he takes the time to develop his story and he tries to keep it perpetuated, even when he's lying and you know it, he looks at you as though you are the one that is wrong. You can see this in the NC Wanted tapes. He can make you doubt yourself even if you know the right answer. He is a master manipulator. When he doesn't get the time to plan his answer or if he doesn't want to get into a certain subject that's when the water works start.

He has to plan, he has to calculate, he also does not have good control over things when it's unexpected.

I listened to the end of the tape again and you hear the calculating and the planning. At the end of the 911 call he has to face LE that have arrived and are coming into his home. A new game had begun at that time. He hangs up with operator. I can visually see his mind turning in his voice. Listen to the 911 tape again, with what we know and what do you hear?

I so wish we had recordings of when LE entered to the house until he left Durham PD that morning.

Again, I hope people get the time to re-read the beginning threads when everyone was wishing they had the 911 tape.

We have it now.

Rooster talked about Raven being outside waiting for LE, can someone listen to 911 call again, taking into consideration that he was supposedly outside. Listen to how calm he got at the end and to me he almost sounds irritated, like okay, I got the 911 call done, they are here, I have to get through this part.

It's very eerie indeed. In old things we have newspapers clippings, we have people that had Raven's statements, and we have the 911 call.

I hope to listen to the 911 call in the next few days and go through some of the old posts, if anyone sees Questions asked in old threads, that would be answered in the 911 call, it would be nice to get those questions & answers together in a thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back