CA - Toby Turner, 44, found buried in her Ramona backyard, 19 Sept 2005

Last article mentions that his first wife is dead too. Self inflicted gunshot wound to the head. She died at 28 years old. I guess all of the women around him have emotional problems....right!!!

omg! Rhetorical question....what is up with these men? Wife killers with emotional problems followed by bouts of amnesia!:banghead::furious:

I haven't read the article yet, but I'm hoping the last name isn't Peterson! :D

I can't believe this idiot tried to get his stepson involved! Poor kid. I'm glad he came forward though. Good for him!

And the guy's first wife died, an "apparent suicide"?! I wonder if they will re-open an investigation into the first wife's death now?

NBCSanDiego said:
NBC 7/39 has learned that Keith Turner was married before and that his first wife is also dead. According to a death report obtained from the county clerk's office, Betty Turner died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. The report said she committed suicide in Escondido in 1983 when she was 28

Yes... let's blame the victim... it's always the victim's fault... after all, he's "gental and kind"...

Quote from last article in 1st post:
"Defense attorney Thomas Warwick described Keith Turner as a gentle and kind man who was involved in church. Warwick alleged that Toby Turner had drug and mental health issues and a violent streak.

"The deceased in this particular matter had a long, psychiatric history. We have witnesses who had seen her trying to kill and strangle her son. We have witnesses that she has threatened to destroy the house by burning it down," Warwick said."

He buried her in the back yard.....and the investigators missed that the first go 'round???? Didn't they LOOK in the backyard, for heaven's sake???? Wouldn't a freshly dug grave be very easy to spot? I feel sure that investigators would have been back to their house multiple times after her disappearance. What am I missing?

He buried her in the back yard.....and the investigators missed that the first go 'round???? Didn't they LOOK in the backyard, for heaven's sake???? Wouldn't a freshly dug grave be very easy to spot? I feel sure that investigators would have been back to their house multiple times after her disappearance. What am I missing?

He claimed she had psychiatric issues and was violent, so when she disappeared everyone thought she'd walked away from the family.

Thanks for the reply.

I sure hope if I ever turn up missing they look for me a little harder than that. I mean.....Yikes!!!! They must not have even done a walk- through of the place or anything!

How old is the son who witnessed his stepfather kill his mother? If he is an adult, you would have thought he would do something to stop it. Talk about having no balls. Maybe he harbored some hatred towards her since she attempted to strangle him. If he couldn't understand her psychiatric problems, then he just allows his stepfather to kill his mother? That's odd. I'm guessing he is an adult also.

I haven't read the article yet, but I'm hoping the last name isn't Peterson! :D

OMG, too funny, my dad just said the other day to my sisters not to date anyone with the last name Peterson, LOL and now you too! :laugh:

Last article mentions that his first wife is dead too. Self inflicted gunshot wound to the head. She died at 28 years old. I guess all of the women around him have emotional problems....right!!!

I can see where it could happen. I was clinically depressed while married to my ex husband. Now that I am not, I am fine. The next lady he dated after the divorce committed suicide after dating him a few years. Then, he married someone else and her oldest son who lived with them killed himself.

Some people just aren't healthy to be around.

Toby was beautiful in that pic in the newspaper. It looks like a pic taken when she was fairly young although I don't know how old she was when she died. I wonder how old her son was. Now he has been found dead. Wonder if the stepdad was in jail when the son died???

Eleven years is nothing for taking the life of another person. That means he will be out of prison in approx three and a half years. He will only do a third of his time like they all do unless the judge says he has to serve the full eleven years. That isn't right. I don't care what emotional problems his wife had he didn't have to kill her. She needed help and he could have gotten divorced if he wanted to be rid of her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back