Hug Nation

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://hugnation.com/[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"What?" [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hug Nation is a world-wide Group Hug.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Those pesky oceans keep us from doing the weekly hug physically, so we do it virtually. Thousands of people around the world gather in front of computers to hug themselves and the people around them at a set time. Rather than a shared physical space, it is a shared mental space.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Regardless of where you are on Tuesday at 1-pm (PST), you can join the Group Hug.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Squeeze yourself in your car or in the supermarket. Hug your spouse or co-worker. Just visualize the thousands worldwide who are joining you at that moment. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Think of it as a sort of prayer -- a communal expression of compassion. It is a weekly reminder that we are connected and we all far more similar than we are different. Everyone can use a hug. (Much more at link)[/FONT]

Thanks for the link Taximom. This is a cute idea. I most likely won't hug anyone in the supermarket on Tuesday but I can hug my kids! :)

It is a cute idea, isn't it? I think it's sweet how he became closer to his grandfather and created this. It would be nice if we could force world "leaders" to do this on a regular basis. :D

It's a very sweet idea. Could you even imagine Rush Limbaugh hugging Hilary Clinton? (Not that Rush is a leader, but the mental image makes me laugh!)

Or Keith Olbermann and Limbaugh? Bill Maher and Bush? LOL Oh, Boyz Mum, you have me laughing now. Forget the world leaders! We can't even get regular joe's to get along, eh?

ETA: Not that anyone I've mentioned is a "regular joe" either. :D

Or Keith Olbermann and Limbaugh? Bill Maher and Bush? LOL Oh, Boyz Mum, you have me laughing now. Forget the world leaders! We can't even get regular joe's to get along, eh?

ETA: Not that anyone I've mentioned is a "regular joe" either. :D

You got me thinking, I would really like to see Hannity HUG Colmes on the air. And I mean a big old hug... not just some pretend hug. OMG, can you see Bill O'Reilly hugging Hilary? (I spelled their names wrong most likely, but I can't see O'Reilly hugging anyone!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back