PA PA - Michael Caulder, 60, Tredyffrin, 14 Nov 2007

luthersmama

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
LM, that is awful. I did see this on the news. I haven't gotten to today's paper yet so possibly they have updated information.

I wasn't able to find anything new today in the news. However, I did some snooping on my own.

The wife owned the house in her own name (I'm guessing that she was in her 40's when they married.) Makes sense since he had been in trouble with the law. She refinanced several times over the past 15 years - no surprise there, I have done it as well.

However, in September, she took out another mortgage and THIS time the husband's name was added. This is odd because his name is not on any recorded deed. Of course, because they have been married for probably 15 years, he has acquired a right to a share of the equity in the house. Not sure why they didn't change the deed at the same time. Or maybe there IS a deed but it is not recorded. That would be very similar to what Rafael Robb did.

Although the articles mentioned "financial problems" the debt on their home is not unreasonable and there are no entries for lawsuits against either of them.

I have a suspicion that the "financial problems" may be that she invested in one of her client's real estate deals and it has now gone down the tubes leaving her liable for some debt. By adding his name to the house mortgage, her debtors will have a harder time getting the house.

My husband's theory is that he committed suicide and she hid the gun so that the suicide exclusion won't apply to the life insurance.

I hope there will be more news tomorrow.

Hmmmmmm, is right. Last article I read was about the financial problems. I hope they keep on top of this awful murder. I haven't read the Inquirer yet today, but I'll see if anything is in there.

I don't think this is getting as much response as Robb's because it sound possible it was a suicide that was covered up because of loss of life insurance. IMO

Was the gunshot wound to his face? It said in the one article he was found with a pillow over his face. That could have been used to muffle the gunshot or to look like it was used for that.

I don't understand how the wife was screaming to the police from upstiars to hurry up yet she was laying in a pool of blood on the bed???????? Why wouldn't a person just get up? Maybe shock? Also, I hope this isn't a rude question and it has no bearing on the case, but is Michael Caulder related to Alexander Caulder?

I don't understand how the wife was screaming to the police from upstiars to hurry up yet she was laying in a pool of blood on the bed???????? Why wouldn't a person just get up? Maybe shock? Also, I hope this isn't a rude question and it has no bearing on the case, but is Michael Caulder related to Alexander Caulder?

It sounds like she came home from work and "found" his body on the bed. For some reason, she moved him to the floor, getting bloody in the process.

I think that if she was covering up his suicide she would have come clean by now. Yes, she could be losing money, but that is better than going to jail or having this whole thing hanging over her and her daughter.

The time of death is going to be critical - I hope they release that info soon.

My thought was the same afterwards - about the suicide and the cover up. This man had problems before.

The wife- A lawyer, KNOWS not to move the body. Especially a lawyer who finds her husband dead, and professes to not know what happened to him. She would know to contact the authorities and not touch anything, him, evidence.

It does not sound right to me.

It's been in all the newspapers and all over the local TV news. It's now very quiet. That usually means the authorities are poking into all sorts of possibilities.

I have never seen anything about where the daughter was when the body was found.

Do you think the daughter might have shot him? And the mom is covering up for her?

From November 2008:

http://www.delcotimes.com/general-news/20081114/murder-on-main-line-still-no-clues-one-year-later

A year after the killing, what surprises investigators is that over the past year no one has called or e-mailed police with any anonymous information regarding the slaying... The lack of tips indicates to investigators the killer likely has not shared their story with anyone...

One clue authorities found was a 9-mm Luger shell casing in the couple's bedroom. They did not find a gun. The investigation also included checking more than two miles of sewers using underground cameras. And in April, 10 divers from Harrisburg River Rescue & Emergency Services swept a pond about 75 yards from the rear of Caulder and Booker's home. They did not find a weapon...

Police recovered the clothing and jewelry Bookler wore on the day of her husband's death. Investigators also took DNA oral swabs from Bookler, checked her for gunshot residue and took prints from her fingers and palms.

From November 2011:

http://www.mainlinemedianews.com/ar...news/doc4ec10f2e7e1ba475951787.txt?viewmode=2

Four years ago in a quiet, suburban neighborhood, a husband and father was found shot to death in his home in the 200 block of Vassar Circle. Who took his life remains a mystery...

Bailey said Caulder's widow has not been as cooperative with police as he would prefer... Bookler hired counsel shortly after Caulder's death and through Schindler has denied any involvement in her husband's death.

Undated, but after April 2011:

http://www.mainlinetoday.com/core/p...ay-Hot-on-the-Trail-of-Cold-Cases/&mode=print

There’s space dedicated to the Caulder case at Tredyffrin’s police headquarters.... On the door hangs a yellow legal pad with the date “14 November ’07.” Only authorized personnel have access. Bailey used to see other investigators walk in, then leave with a binder, murmuring something about wanting to make sure all the bases were covered. Officials have spent days in there, laying out evidence again and again. In November 2010, they conducted a reexamination on the murder’s three-year anniversary.

In April 2011, Bailey presented the case to the Vidocq Society. A month later, they hosted a three-day work block. Vidocq founder Richard Walter sat in...

Since the murder, Bookler — who now serves as the Philadelphia SeniorLAW Center’s first legal director — hasn’t once called for an update... “She does not call,” he says.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back