GUILTY NC - Judith Maxwell, 47, stabbed to death, Lexington, 17 Nov 2007

It reminds me of the "Vampire Clan" slayings in a way..
Not to judge everyone in the Goth/Metal subculture; yet there are always a few bad apples in every different bunch.
I wonder whose idea it was to murder her mother? What a disgrace..

Dang, Steve! You sure can pick 'em!

Wasn't there just another case a few months ago where the daughter and her friends killed her mom and hid her in the trunk of a car?! (I don't remember that one having the 'blood and gore' spin to it though.)

:mad:

Wasn't there just another case a few months ago where the daughter and her friends killed her mom and hid her in the trunk of a car?! (I don't remember that one having the 'blood and gore' spin to it though.)

:mad:

You may be thinking of Tess Damm, a 15-year-old psychopath who conspired with her boyfriend and others to kill her mom and yes, stow mom in the trunk of a car for a couple of weeks and play house, to boot.

It's kind of astonishing, isn't it? Less so, all the time, though.

Steve/Mr. A

You may be thinking of Tess Damm, a 15-year-old psychopath who conspired with her boyfriend and others to kill her mom and yes, stow mom in the trunk of a car for a couple of weeks and play house, to boot.

It's kind of astonishing, isn't it? Less so, all the time, though.

Steve/Mr. A

Yes, that's the one. Thanks!

I thought this was an update on that case. Ugh, so now we have another one. Off to read about it now. :(

You know, the thing about the blood and gore aspect just frustrates the heck out of me. I also LOVE horror movies! In fact, my Mother used to have to tell me ghost stories to get me to go to sleep at night. :blushing: I am bored to tears by the slasher, blood and gore moves, however. They aren't interesting because there is never any plot, and they are always predictable. It seems to me that many of these people who are connoisseurs of violent video games, and/or blood and gore media sources are really just egomaniacal, melodramatic angst-filled immature people. They seem to wallow in the dramatic aspect of the media, with a penchant for melodramatic suffering. The fascinating question centers on the proverbial "line". What causes some of these people to cross "the line", and stupidly think that they can live out their melodramatic fantasy in real life? Do they honestly think they can kill someone and just go on about their lives with no consequences? What system failed to deliver a jolt of reality into these people? The parents? The education system? Society in general? They are obviously aberrations because the majority of people involved with violent media content do not go around stabbing people, or beheading and burning the body of people they know!!! See also: http://tinyurl.com/2pflw6

I'm with you, Reannan. I like many of the same books and movies that some of the sickest people I write about have on their profiles. The differences between me & them are pretty vast, otherwise, but it still makes me wince when I see such a thing.

People like this, no jolt is going to work. This kid, if she's guilty, is a stone-cold psycho and possesses no insight. The comfort should be that you may think girls like Andrea are more common because you follow true crime. But they aren't. Our media-saturated world and media-savvy teens just make it seem like they are more common. But William March wrote The Bad Seed in 1954. It was a work of fiction, but the idea of the psychopathic adolescent has been around at least that long, and certainly before.

Steve/Mr. A

I have yet to see Andrea's picture, but found some of Judy Maxwell on her son's myspace. :( They are obviously in deep pain. I'm so sorry she won't get to see her grandchildren grow up.

There's a picture of one son with Geraldo while he was in Kandahar. Maybe he'll cover the case.

photo_servlet

Here's a link to a picture of Andrea.

photo_servlet

Here's a link to a picture of Andrea.

Philamena, I LOVE your signature line! With Thanksgiving breathing down our necks (and into our tummy's), I have to say that I am so thankful for the people here at WS's and over at Steve's site, (Truecrimeweblog.com). I can't discuss this stuff with most people in the world. It is like being a rain cloud that moves in and blots out their little rays of sunshine. Studying true crime, however, has taught me that there is always a rain cloud nearby, and the best hope for a future, and the only reason for getting out of bed in the a.m. is that there are people who also spend their time on this stuff.....yet still have a signature line like yours. Thank you. :clap: :blowkiss:

Philamena, I LOVE your signature line! With Thanksgiving breathing down our necks (and into our tummy's), I have to say that I am so thankful for the people here at WS's and over at Steve's site, (Truecrimeweblog.com). I can't discuss this stuff with most people in the world. It is like being a rain cloud that moves in and blots out their little rays of sunshine. Studying true crime, however, has taught me that there is always a rain cloud nearby, and the best hope for a future, and the only reason for getting out of bed in the a.m. is that there are people who also spend their time on this stuff.....yet still have a signature line like yours. Thank you. :clap: :blowkiss:

Reannan,
You are too sweet. :blowkiss:
Thank you for the kind comments about my siggy line. I actually found those wonderful words on a magnet in a craft store. :p
It is a great thought isn't it? Feel free to use it. It won't bother me a bit.;)

http://www.the-dispatch.com/article/20071118/BREAKING/71118001
(pic of home)

“We (investigators) feel like it was a spur-of-the-moment … very much like we don’t know what we’re doing kind of a thing, and we’re sort of making this up as we go,” said Sheriff David S. Grice at a press conference on Sunday afternoon.

“We felt like it was a result of a domestic issue,” he said. “There’s not a lot of indication of a struggle. They both participated in the act.”

The daughter is a senior at Central Davidson High School, according to Grice. He said she had also been accepted into college.

“The girl was an honor-level student,” he said.

Three cars were parked in the driveway of the two-story brick middle-class home on High Rock Lake on Sunday evening, but no one answered the door.

Ella Dunn said she came to the home to check on the husband. Dunn described Judith Maxwell as her friend for nearly 30 years, and Dunn called her a great mother who was like her best friend.

“She was a wonderful woman,” Dunn said. “She was very caring, loving and caring. She would do anything for anybody.”

Grice said deputies were called to the house a couple of weeks ago after the daughter took off with the boyfriend. He said a missing person report was filed, but the daughter returned. (more at link)

I wonder if this is going to end up being a blame game between the two. Surely she'll be charged as an adult.

There's a pic of Joe Coleman in the video. He looks older than 21 to me.

The reporter says she "helped kill her mom" at one point. Wonder what he knows, or if that was just said wrong.

From March 2009:

http://www.the-dispatch.com/article/20090309/ARTICLES/903091989

Andrea Maxwell, the 19-year-old charged with the 2007 stabbing death of her mother, pleaded guilty Monday to second-degree murder and conspiracy to commit first-degree murder.

She will serve from 29 years to 36 years, five months active prison time for the murder of 47-year-old Judith Maxwell inside the family’s Warf Road home.

Maxwell’s co-defendant, Joe Lee Coleman, now 22, was sentenced last March to life in prison without parole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back