Panorama Tonight 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live outside the US but I have cable, in what channel is Panorama?

I believe Panorama is a british tv show.

mjak

I have just finished watching Panorama - just to put it in contex the show is on the Beeb , it has been around for years and has a total reputaion as being impartiial and following journalistic standards second to none on TV .

OK the programme

Firstly in was refreshing to actualy see and here some facts from the horses mouths - Gerry , Kate and Jane Tanner were all interviewed at length - so we can now rely on what they say as opposed to the amount of inuendo and gossip in the papers .

I learnt a lot about the time lines though there were some things that were not cleared up - not even mentioned . I saw an interview with the head of the PJ and also all the Mccann clan and Kates family -

It is difficult to just repeat verbatim as it was an hour show but I have much better idea of the time line and also where Gerry met wilkins and where Tanner saw them and where she saw the bundleman -

The big thing was that Tanner seemed highly believable - she came across as someone who just wanted to tell what she saw - and to all those who said she looks awful and should have had her hair done - she looked fine

I cant now give a full report on the programme - but if anyone wants to ask questions I will answer in time as to what the programme reported - I am sure other brits here will do the same

all I can say is that I just cant see how the Mccanns could have done it - been involved atall - just no way

I have just finished watching Panorama - just to put it in contex the show is on the Beeb , it has been around for years and has a total reputaion as being impartiial and following journalistic standards second to none on TV .

OK the programme

Firstly in was refreshing to actualy see and here some facts from the horses mouths - Gerry , Kate and Jane Tanner were all interviewed at length - so we can now rely on what they say as opposed to the amount of inuendo and gossip in the papers .

I learnt a lot about the time lines though there were some things that were not cleared up - not even mentioned . I saw an interview with the head of the PJ and also all the Mccann clan and Kates family -

It is difficult to just repeat verbatim as it was an hour show but I have much better idea of the time line and also where Gerry met wilkins and where Tanner saw them and where she saw the bundleman -

The big thing was that Tanner seemed highly believable - she came across as someone who just wanted to tell what she saw - and to all those who said she looks awful and should have had her hair done - she looked fine

I cant now give a full report on the programme - but if anyone wants to ask questions I will answer in time as to what the programme reported - I am sure other brits here will do the same

all I can say is that I just cant see how the Mccanns could have done it - been involved atall - just no way

Yes it was interesting.Personally I dont think the Tapas bar seemed all that far from the apartment and can understand why they thought it was safe.I thought Jane Tanner came across as very sincere and honest and who cares what she looks like,what does it matter FGS? Although it said the PJ are still interested in Kates diary they denied she had ever written Madeleine was hysterical or hyperactive.I was glad I watched it as it only served to convince me they had nothing to do with it.

Well I cannot understand why they thought it was safe, it was far enough away to leave 3 kids in an unlocked apartment especially after being warned of burglaries.
Furthermore it has now been absolutely & without a shadow of a doubt clarified that Tanner was on the same path as Gerry & Wilkins, I believe she is lying about seeing the abductor or even being there, gerry or Jeremy would have seen her. She passed right by for Gods sake.

I thought that she did look rather well, nothing like that horrid photograph of her in Portugal!

Well I cannot understand why they thought it was safe, it was far enough away to leave 3 kids in an unlocked apartment especially after being warned of burglaries.
Furthermore it has now been absolutely & without a shadow of a doubt clarified that Tanner was on the same path as Gerry & Wilkins, I believe she is lying about seeing the abductor or even being there, gerry or Jeremy would have seen her. She passed right by for Gods sake.

I thought that she did look rather well, nothing like that horrid photograph of her in Portugal!

no barnaby she was not on the same path - did you watch it - Gerry crossed the road to chat to Wilkins - Tanner past by on the opposite road and saw the bundleman on the main highway - Gerry and Wilkins would have had their back to that

Please lets have some clarity here - Tanner was NOT on the same pathway as Gerry they were opposite sides ,

Anyone who wants to see the panorama special can watch it HERE for the moment. Click "Missed the Latest Program? Watch Now" link.

Is the main highway a place where it wouldn't be at all expected to see someone carrying a child that late at night? I'd expect Jane Tanner to look horrible while still in Portugal after what had just happened. At least someone looked awful, unlike Kate.

Is the main highway a place where it wouldn't be at all expected to see someone carrying a child that late at night? I'd expect Jane Tanner to look horrible while still in Portugal after what had just happened. At least someone looked awful, unlike Kate.

main highway is perhaps a bit misleading on my part - it was on the road at the front of the villas in front of the car park

I watched this last night. The single thing that I hadn't realised before was that 3 of the Tapas friends are insistent that they saw Robert Murat on that night. I was sure it was only one. Whilst he and his mother both denied he was out of the house. Thats a pretty big mistake to make for 3 people. I sure it must be clear to the police that one side was lying.

This is interesting to me as someone else said the same thing to me today here at work! Why do you think she is lying? Do you mean for attention, exaggerating? I havent decided if I believe her yet.

no barnaby she was not on the same path - did you watch it - Gerry crossed the road to chat to Wilkins - Tanner past by on the opposite road and saw the bundleman on the main highway - Gerry and Wilkins would have had their back to that

Please lets have some clarity here - Tanner was NOT on the same pathway as Gerry they were opposite sides ,
Yes, lets have clarity - not hair splitting.

She was definately on the same "path" or street, about as close to the them if not closer as she claims she was to the bundleman.

Your assertion is that GM and Wilkins would have had their backs to what?? JT or the bundleman, either one is rather silly as if they were in converation it is more likely one faced the direction of bundleman while one faced either JT or the Tapas or even the bldg they were standing next to. You need to assume they both faced the bldg to come to your conclusion.

Also, on my computer the sound is fussy. Does JT say she said Hi to GM on the path as he spoke to Wilkins?

Yes, lets have clarity - not hair splitting.

She was definately on the same "path" or street, about as close to the them if not closer as she claims she was to the bundleman.

Your assertion is that GM and Wilkins would have had their backs to what?? JT or the bundleman, either one is rather silly as if they were in converation it is more likely one faced the direction of bundleman while one faced either JT or the Tapas or even the bldg they were standing next to. You need to assume they both faced the bldg to come to your conclusion.

Also, on my computer the sound is fussy. Does JT say she said Hi to GM on the path as he spoke to Wilkins?

It is a crucial point - on the same path is not the same as being across the road - not quite hair splitting ? On the same path implies that you step aside each other which wasnt what she said - yiou want to get it right dont you ?

Tanner said in the doc that as she was travelling back to her appt she Gerry and Wilkins chatting on the other side of the road - she didnt say if she said hello or not - it was dark - she saw them - they didnt see her if they were in conversation why not ?

The so called abductor was ahead of Tanner on the main road the runs parrallel to the houses . Ok I dont know if they had their back or front to them - but in the documentary they were 3/4 down the road and it wasnt until Tanner got nearer to the corner that she claimed she saw Bundleman .

It is a crucial point - on the same path is not the same as being across the road - not quite hair splitting ? On the same path implies that you step aside each other which wasnt what she said - yiou want to get it right dont you ?

Tanner said in the doc that as she was travelling back to her appt she Gerry and Wilkins chatting on the other side of the road - she didnt say if she said hello or not - it was dark - she saw them - they didnt see her if they were in conversation why not ?

The so called abductor was ahead of Tanner on the main road the runs parrallel to the houses . Ok I dont know if they had their back or front to them - but in the documentary they were 3/4 down the road and it wasnt until Tanner got nearer to the corner that she claimed she saw Bundleman .

what stood out for me (and the bbc made sure we spotted it) was Gery was talking to his friend the same time as the man walked across the road with his child, the point of the fact was that Gerys friend would have also been loking up the road the same time as Tanner. going by the bbc they both were only 50 yards from the top of the road.

what stood out for me (and the bbc made sure we spotted it) was Gery was talking to his friend the same time as the man walked across the road with his child, the point of the fact was that Gerys friend would have also been loking up the road the same time as Tanner. going by the bbc they both were only 50 yards from the top of the road.

you know it is so hard to really know what it was like - the amount of natural light the angle they were standing

I suppose that is why they take juries to sights , so they can see from their own view point

We are all making some assumptions that are based on our own gut feel and assumptions

from pamorama laat night - did you leave with the impression that they were guilty ? I just couldnt see how they coukd have done it and then carried on with the whole charade afterwards -

also pointed out last night by the BBC, Tanner had been briefed by the Mccan's before she was aloud to talk.

of course - if they are in as a whole they will have had months to collude on their story -

That is the thing now they are all either victims of this abduction or will go down as the biggest group of murderers /liars that we have ever seen

of course - if they are in as a whole they will have had months to collude on their story -

That is the thing now they are all either victims of this abduction or will go down as the biggest group of murderers /liars that we have ever seen

What would be the motive for 9 doctors/parents covering up the death of a child? It is interesting to me that people think it would be that easy to persuade that many people to do that. I do not know anyone that would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling