FL - Lynyrd Skynyrd drummer Artimus Pyle arrested for failing to register as RSO

Ever notice when a celeb is charged with child sexual assault someone immediately defends the perp? Reading some of those comments they are doing exactly that. It's all the Ex-Wife's fault.

Well, I never knew one of their members was a child molester....I have been to 2 of their concerts and will never go to one again upon hearing this.

I haven't been able to find the exact date, but it seems he was no longer with L.S. by 1993.

I am still too stunned/heartbroke, but at least I know that Artimis should have never been one of the lucky ones to have walked away from the crash. I will not hold this against my three decade long favorite band whose songs have been the background music for many, many moments in my world. :(

I haven't been able to find the exact date, but it seems he was no longer with L.S. by 1993.

"The former drummer for the rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd, Thomas Delmer Pyle, aka Artimus Pyle, 59, of Asheville, North Carolina, was booked Monday after he came to the sheriff's office to speak with detectives about a 1993 conviction. Pyle pleaded guilty in 1993 to charges of attempted capital sexual battery by an adult on a victim under the age of 12, and principal to lewd and lascivious acts on a child under 16 years old. He was sentenced to eight years probation and ordered to register as a sex offender."

Cool - looks like My Boys gave him the boot at the same time of the charges! Howeverrrrrrrrrrrrr - he was around these here parts a few weeks ago at a show and he still uses the LS affiliation. :razz:

"Sunday gates open at 11am for a full day of live music from opening bands: Blackwater, Deuces Wild, Easy Money, Whiskey Bent, Fakahatchee and Stonewall, leading up to 2006 Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame inductee, Artemis Pyle, from the legendary Lynyrd Skynyrd Band. Sunday will also be a Family Fun Day." :furious:

Family Fun Day?!

Well, I never knew one of their members was a child molester....I have been to 2 of their concerts and will never go to one again upon hearing this.

He's a former member, WR... left somewhere in the early 90's if I recall correctly.

ETA whoops, never mind, others have said that already.

White Rain, you can still go to their concerts. Pyle left a long time ago. The LS drummer is Michael Cartellon (one of the former founders of 'Damn Yankees')..he joined LS in 1998.

White Rain, you can still go to their concerts. Pyle left a long time ago. The LS drummer is Michael Cartellon (one of the former founders of 'Damn Yankees')..he joined LS in 1998.

Lynyrd Skynrd is one of the greatest bands ever and since this jerk is no longer with them I'll hope to go to a concert!!!

First of all why did this guy get eight years probation and no jail time ?

and why wasnt there more said about this when it happend I didnt know anything about this intill tonight .

First of all why did this guy get eight months probation and no jail time ?

and why wasnt there more said about this when it happend I didnt know anything about this intill tonight .

Uh, ditto Nappy-8 years probation for that offense? Good lord!

IMO I hate to say this but I think this all boils down to money and if thats the case it's pretty sad to put a price on a poor childs head!
Too be honest the guys picture is kinda scary too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back