McCann vs. Ramsey Cases

swa

Reaction score
Does anyone see some eerie similarities between the Ramsey and McCann cases?

In both you have two parents -- fairly attractive and very successful -- which leads to
the general public not being able to believe such wonderful people could be at the hand of their
daughter's demise.

Yet -- in both cases -- there are zero leads -- because the lead in both cases
is right in front of them.

Because of public and private influences though -- the police will never be able to fully investigate the people REALLY responsible.

Just my thoughts..

I dont see any similarities.The Ramseys had a dead child in their basement and a ransom note,no one knows if Madeleine is even dead.

There are some similarities, but there are many differences. In the R case, there is no intruder indicated by evidence, and the dead child was in the home, a BIG marker for parental involvement in the crime. There was also a fake RN, likely written by a parent. The only leads ARE the parents, yet the DA refused to follow those leads. The puzzling behavior of the DA's office and their refusal to prosecute this case smacks of political hand-tying from higher-ups and back-door relationships between the DA's office and defense attorneys.

In the M case, there was an apparent sighting of a woman carrying a child from the area, there has been no body found as yet, and there are wildly inappropriate claims made by LE in Portugal- how can they make a statement saying the child was accidentally overdosed with cold medicine when there was NO body and NO autopsy done to prove it?
On the other hand- it is strange that Portuguese police have not investigated further the "disgruntled female employee" who may have had a key and may have been the woman seen carrying a child that night. Why state she fell on a step and died of a skull fracture? There is NO BODY. WHAT skull fracture? NO blood on the step, apparently, either. Why state such baseless drivel?
They have also not been forthcoming about those DNA traces supposedly found in the rental car. Is it Madeleine's or NOT? If it is bodily fluids, it will positively ID her. If it is hair or other mitochondrial DNA it may only indicate it COULD be hers. (it could also be a siblings, or her mother's).
BUT- There is also suspicious behavior by the parents- the laundering of a stuffed aninmal that Madeline always carried could help cadaver dogs find a body. They also claim that "bodily fluids" (meaning possible urine) found in the rental car were from UN-laundered clothing that she wore and they placed in the trunk. This is a puzzle- why WASH a toy that could help locate her and NOT wash clothes stained with urine and WHY have them in a car weeks after her disappearance?
The McCann's refused to leave Portugal without their daughter- they badgered the Portuguese authorities to do more- when Portugal dragged their feet- the police there seemed to "retaliate" by naming the parents as suspects- yet poiice have no clear indications that they are involved. THEN the McCann's left. I feel the Portuguese police named them just to get them out of the country. But I am on the fence on this one. With the Rs, I fell off that fence over 10 years ago.

I do see some similarities;I do think the McCanns are likely guilty as well.(Does anyone know Mark Fuhrman also believes they are guilty?) It's not just his opinion that settles it for me though,(although I do think highly of his opinion)..it's the little things,too,like why does that shirt say "Don't you forget about me" ...I mean,WHAT ?????!!! It sounds as though they know she is already dead! "don't you forget about me"?????? *Shouldn't the shirt read "HAVE YOU SEEN ME?????" instead???!!!!
And then her dad (who slipped and kindly ref. to Madeleine as 'her (Kate's) daughter'),even put up a link on the website for 'best sellers'.(rolling my eyes on that one).
But that's just for starters.As far as staying in the country,didn't they also leave the twins behind at one point to travel somewhere? Who would do that in a country where their sister was supposedly KN????
Mark also says her parents are 'posturing themselves in certain ways',and that implies guilt.Such as Kate saying maybe blood detected in the room was from Maddie having nosebleed or a cut,and,what mom wouldn't know if her own daughter had either???
There is also Kate running into the restaurant and yelling "they've taken her !" again,what???? Why not just think maybe she'd wandered off??? I suspect she was unconciously,under stress,referring to those who had carried her body away after some sort of domestic accident.
As far as being drugged,I think it was the neighbor who'd heard Maddie cry for about 1 1/2 hrs the previous evening;my thought there is what a lot of other ppl think; they gave the kids sedatives to get them to sleep so they could go out early,and that was a paradoxical reaction.

I see a lot of similarities.

The Ramsy "kidnapping" as well as the McCann "kidnapping" have no supporting eveidnce at all that an actual stranger abduction took place.

The Ramsy's called friends in direct dis-regard to the rn. The McCanns sounded the alarm "knowing" she was abducted but their immediate actions contradict them.

Both played the media sympathy card beautifully

Both hired private investigators and legal teams rather than fully cooperate with PE

Both have stories that simply don't add up, imo. ie: pinapple/ cuddle cat for one.

Both use the age old parinoia regarding police corruption or blundering all the while failing to be investigated themselves.

Both claim to be doing more than they are doing in order to find the perp or their duaghter.

Both have made more of an effort to clear their names rather than getting to the "truth" of what they claim happened - again my opinion.

One similarity in the cases which had devastating results for both is the police allowing tons of other people milling about at the crime scene, thus making it possible to forever contaminate or destroy critical forensic evdence. The first and foremost step is always to secure the crime scene, which was not done by either the BPD and the PJ, who were obviously out of their league in dealing with such a situation.
Then there is the incredible amount of "info" (by so-called informed sources) which should never have been leaked to the public in an ongoing investigation.
In both cases we also have a media frenzy almost unparalleled in criminal history. "The evidence shows the parents did it" - "the evidence now exonerates the parents" - "new results have shown they are implicated after all", "new evidence" - "new leads". Leading where? Chances are that all this will lead to the same rocky road to nowhere in the McCann case as it lead in the Ramsey case when it comes to bringing the offender to justice.
I'm a fence sitter in terms of parental involvement in Madeleine's disappearance/possible death. Not that I would it put it past the parents to have done it, but because I think the time frame in which they could have killed and have gotten rid of the body is so narrow that it comes close to a technical impossibility. Unless they had helpers of course.

The McCann case is on its way to becoming another Ramsey-type case, in which the parents have neither been arrested nor cleared as suspects.

jmo

Rino summed it up very well. The similarities are disturbing.

What I don't understand is why more people haven't learned from the JonBenet case. When a child disappears it should be assumed the parent(s)/caretaker(s) are responsible unless there is valid evidence suggesting otherwise. That may be unfair but that is the only way we can protect children.

I agree with Rashamon that a timeline appears to be difficult but I think their behavior trumps that concern.

I agree with rashomon. While I am a fence-sitter on the McCann case, there are enough suspicious actions by the parents to make me lean towards the "parents accidentally overdosed her and his the body" side.

I hate to say it, but I still can't get past the McCanns ever since I heard how they were using charity money to pay personal debts, not at all unlike the Ramseys' use of their phony charity. And did they ever find out just what kind of DNA was in that rental car?

In both you have two parents -- fairly attractive and very successful -- which leads to
the general public not being able to believe such wonderful people could be at the hand of their
daughter's demise.

Because of public and private influences though -- the police will never be able to fully investigate the people REALLY responsible.

Just my thoughts..

Yes I do. But when I said so on the McCann forum, my post was deleted...

I hate to say it, but I still can't get past the McCanns ever since I heard how they were using charity money to pay personal debts, not at all unlike the Ramseys' use of their phony charity. And did they ever find out just what kind of DNA was in that rental car?

The Aisenbergs did the same thing..that led to suspicion they were involved in Sabrina's death but no body has ever been found and they are no longer being persued as suspects.

I don't know the McCann case well enough to comment either way.

There is one big difference between the Ramsey and McCann cases.

The Ramsey's had a house full of people that morning but there has never been a suggestion any of those people helped the Ramseys run interference. (From sane people that is!)

If the McCann's were involved, I don't think you can say the same thing. There wasn't a Fleet White sitting at the McCann table.

Actually, it's not so off-topic as you think. It's very pertinent to JBR and her family dynamics.

daughter's demise.

Just my thoughts..

I thought of similarities from first noticing both mothers in the simplest of things such as vanity with Patsy wearing lipstick, nice hairdo, and I believe gold earrings to the funeral and Kate going around with perfect makeup, various changes of jewelry, hairstyles, and very well put together clothing. Both sets of parents seem to just be going on with their lives and very forgiving of the monster that has harmed their daughters. Also, with Patsy allowing Burke to go with friends instead of immediately focusing on protecting him like a lioness. The same with Kate leaving the twins to run back to the bar and to leave them there while going off to see the Pope and other places. I believe both girls were most likely beaten for causing big trouble at bedtime which interfered with the plans of some very stressed out and possibly having adverse reactions to alcohol or medication Moms. Both cases also seem to have some similarities in fibers from the Mom's or cadaver scents on the Mom's things. But, on the otherhand, I can still see that a depraved freak could have harmed the poor little girls.

Actually, it's not so off-topic as you think. It's very pertinent to JBR and her family dynamics.

Oh I know. :blowkiss: It was off topic to this particular thread. I fell asleep and missed it anyway..:(

Dang!!! Right before Painted Babies last nite they showed JonBenet-Murder of a Pageant Queen (or something similar to that title). I just checked the WE schedule. I will keep checking to see if they show it again. I can't believe I missed these 2 shows. :doh:

It appears a McCann tennis bag is missing. A bag big enough to carry a child.

So the person or persons who did this didn't bring their own equipment and counted on the family having what they needed?

Another similarity to the JonBenet case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back