NC NC - Some Good News - At Least 5 Murder May Be Solved

BrowneyedEmily

Reaction score
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/story/795808.html

~snip~

A convicted armed robber who was released from prison last year has been charged with murder in five homicides that had gone unsolved in Raleigh and Wake County. In a joint announcement today, Raleigh Police and the Wake Sheriff's Office said they had obtained murder warrants against Samuel James Cooper, 30, of 2300 Creech Road, Raleigh.They charged Cooper in the deaths of:
- Tariq Hussain, 52, who was found shot to death shortly after 10 a.m on Sunday, Oct. 14, behind the counter of his convenience store, Bobby's Grocery, at 3114 Garner Road. A customer discovered the father of three; police said he was the victim of a robbery.
- Rickey High, 48, who was shot to death Oct. 12 on North Tarboro Road. High, who was homeless, was found lying on the sidewalk in front of the Tuttle Community Center Daycare, about a block from where he lived. He worked at odd jobs at stores near the St. Augustine's College.
- Timothy David Barnwell, 34, who was shot to death April 27 outside his apartment in building 1544 at Windsor Falls apartments on Sunbow Falls Lane near Millbrook Elementary School. Police said Barnwell's ankles and wrists were bound during an apparent robbery in his apartment. He tried to escape by jumping over the balcony of his second-floor apartment. They think he tried to crawl away once on the ground but was shot multiple times.
- LeRoy Jernigan, 40, of Clayton, who was found shot to death June 3, 2006, inside the Circus Family Restaurant on Wake Forest Road. Jernigan worked nights cleaning the restaurant. Police said at the time that he had been shot execution-style with a single bullet to the back of his head.
- Osama "Samuel" Haj-Hussein, who was shot to death May 12, 2006, in the In & Out Mart on Creech Road in Wake County. Haj-Hussein, 43, was a clerk at the store, between Raleigh and Garner. He was a native of Jordan

Praying this is true and families will have answers!

It's also good to see positive action again in the Raleigh/ Wake Co. area of LE/CJ, if you know what I mean.

Thank goodness this guy used the same M.O. (shot in the head) or else I could see the family of one murderer blaming Samual James Cooper for the murder of Michelle Young!

Thank goodness this guy used the same M.O. (shot in the head) or else I could see the family of one murderer blaming Samual James Cooper for the murder of Michelle Young!

Her home was located on or near Creech Rd., right?

I don't know if their home was close to Creech. The Young's lived at 5108 Birchleaf. My comment was more or less sarcastic! :D The Youngs are still trying to find the "real" killer. Everytime I see someone captured for mysterious crimes near or in Raleigh I think the Youngs will jump on it. I'm bad. :blushing:

I'm glad they got this horrible criminal off the streets! I can't believe he brazenly killed so many people. It should be all over the media!

I don't know if their home was close to Creech. The Young's lived at 5108 Birchleaf. My comment was more or less sarcastic! :D The Youngs are still trying to find the "real" killer. Everytime I see someone captured for mysterious crimes near or in Raleigh I think the Youngs will jump on it. I'm bad. :blushing:

I'm glad they got this horrible criminal off the streets! I can't believe he brazenly killed so many people. It should be all over the media!

OIC. Michelle's husband is a piece of work, that's for sure. I wish Raleigh would get their DA situation straightened out and running smoothly. There are so many missing or murdered women in their jurisdiction, and it seems that there is and has been viable evidence in most. Maybe enough to take to a GJ.

I remember Creech Rd. from reading one of the missing or murdered women's cases here recently.. Maybe it was where Jenna was delivering newpapers. I will check.

There are many unsolved murders around here, and I'm SO glad they got this break! These were such awful crimes, and for no good reason (as if there is a good reason for murder). Hopefully this will be the beginning of a great streak for us!

I know, I don't know why "Creech" sounds familiar to me either!

I hope it is the start of something good too, BrowneyedEmily.

He's being charged with more crimes, two counts of attempted murder and more than a dozen other robberies.

"Wednesday, a day after he was charged with murder, Rockingham County authorities charged Cooper with two counts of attempted first-degree murder in connection with a Nov. 4 home invasion in Reidsville. Investigators say he shot two people in the head."

http://wral.com/news/local/story/2096797/

For a list of the most serious crimes: http://wral.com/news/local/story/2098816/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back