The Blue Barrel in the Bedroom? #3

Thanks WC! That one got long fast, didn't it?

The whole "container was warm" thing bugs me. I can see how arms/hands would be wrapped around the container to move it. I don't understand how those same arms/hands could feel anything less than body temperature assuming Stacy had been dead a while. (I sure don't like saying that.)

We did cement experiments with Scott, so maybe I'll try to see what I can feel later today with one of my Rubbermaid containers.

The whole "container was warm" thing bugs me. I can see how arms/hands would be wrapped around the container to move it. I don't understand how those same arms/hands could feel anything less than body temperature assuming Stacy had been dead a while. (I sure don't like saying that.)

We did cement experiments with Scott, so maybe I'll try to see what I can feel later today with one of my Rubbermaid containers.

I still use my anchor as a foot rest while on the computer.

Was I the only one who was surprised by Sharon’s (DP neighbor) comments about happenings the morning of 10/28? I had never heard that Sharon left her home about 9:45 am to grocery shop and both cars were in DP’s drive. She got home about 11:45 am and only the SUV was in the drive. Sharon called DP’s house and asked to speak with Stacy and was told she had gone to grandpa’s. Sharon invited kids over for trick or treat candy. DP and kids visited Sharon for awhile and then left. Before leaving DP said he needed to run an errand and asked oldest son, if he’d watch the kids about 15 minutes. DP left his house and was back home about 1:15 pm (?). I have never heard any of the above before. I thought Sharon and other neighbors said both vehicles were in drive until 1:30 pm

I wonder where Stacy's phone was when Cassandra's boyfriend (can't think of his name right now) called Stacy about 4:00 pm and got voicemail. Has anyone read anthing about this?

I wonder where Stacy's phone was when Cassandra's boyfriend (can't think of his name right now) called Stacy about 4:00 pm and got voicemail. Has anyone read anthing about this?

WOW, tagalong. Great question. I hope LE is on it like some of you sleuthers here.

Brodsky was on the Today show again w/Dan Abrams. Dan must not want an interview for his show because he was pretty rough w/Brodsky. Told him he was in denial! lol

Anyway, same old same old. Paraphrasing: 'Nobody knows who the neighbor is that saw them moving the barrel or container, and which was it anyway, a barrel or container?' Same old same old about Morphey too.

He says he won't be that busy legally as there's not much to do. Most of his time is taken up with the media.

LOL, whatever.

I have thought about this one. Temperatures in Ill. had already turned cool. The barrel or container was last seen outside. So by the container feeling warm, I assume the barrel or container had been in the home for some time. Had the container been brought in only briefly, it would have felt cool to the touch.

Thank you for pointing that out mysteriew. I concur.
Factor in the length of time Stacy's body must have been in the barrell prior to it being moved...several hours, I would guess, and I can see how it might have seemed warmer than say, a barrell full of liquid.

Susan

I wonder what drew told Thomas was in the barrell. He probably made up some excuse for it being in the bedroom. What could it have been?

Plumbing problems in the master bath? That would make a person expect it to be filled with cold yucky water.

Would a chemical like lime make the container feel warm to the touch? I was just wandering if maybe DP poured something into the container, for faster decomp, if it would make the container "warm to the touch"?

Anybody know anything about this?

Would a chemical like lime make the container feel warm to the touch? I was just wandering if maybe DP poured something into the container, for faster decomp, if it would make the container "warm to the touch"?

Anybody know anything about this?

My assumption is that a body, even dead for a short time, is still close to 100 degrees (98.6 being the normal). Being inside a closed container for even a short period of time would make the temperature inside the barrel much warmer than the relative temperature of a room, at say around 70 degrees. This would not be too difficult of an observation that the barrel is "relatively" warm to the touch.

Generally, when you touch things around a room, especially plastic, they feel cool to the touch because you body temp is approx 30 degrees warmer. However, if there was warmth coming from inside, it would feel odd. If you put 100 degree water inside a container, you can definately feel a huge difference when you touch it. Granted, water transfers heat faster, but you will get the effect with a body, also.

I don't believe any chemical would have had to be added to the barrel to make it warm. It could have been, but again, not necessary for the barrel to feel warm.

My assumption is that a body, even dead for a short time, is still close to 100 degrees (98.6 being the normal). Being inside a closed container for even a short period of time would make the temperature inside the barrel much warmer than the relative temperature of a room, at say around 70 degrees. This would not be too difficult of an observation that the barrel is "relatively" warm to the touch.

Generally, when you touch things around a room, especially plastic, they feel cool to the touch because you body temp is approx 30 degrees warmer. However, if there was warmth coming from inside, it would feel odd. If you put 100 degree water inside a container, you can definately feel a huge difference when you touch it. Granted, water transfers heat faster, but you will get the effect with a body, also.

I don't believe any chemical would have had to be added to the barrel to make it warm. It could have been, but again, not necessary for the barrel to feel warm.

As an additional comment to the above....sit on a plastic container for a few minutes. When you get up, see how much warmer the area where you were sitting is compared to the area you weren't sitting on....Huge difference.

Thanks for responding, CO.:blowkiss:

I tried your experimnet and I see what you are saying. Not an area of my expertise so I am ignorant when it comes to chemical knowledge.

BINGO!

I have thought about this one. Temperatures in Ill. had already turned cool. The barrel or container was last seen outside. So by the container feeling warm, I assume the barrel or container had been in the home for some time. Had the container been brought in only briefly, it would have felt cool to the touch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back