GUILTY MS - Latasha Norman, 20, Jackson, 13 Nov 2007

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.ddtonline.com/articles/2007/11/18/news/news4.txt

Latasha Norman, 20, of Greenville was last seen Tuesday in her 1:30 p.m. class on the campus of Jackson State.

Eddie L. Brown Jr. with JSU's Public Affairs confirmed that Jackson State University Department of Public Safety is investigating Norman's reported disappearance.

Brown said Norman, a junior accounting major from Greenville, has been missing since approximately 2:20 p.m. on Tuesday.

The 20-year-old student is described as having a medium-brown complexion. She is approximately 5-foot-2 and weighs 115-120 pounds. She was last seen wearing a white shirt and blue jeans.

Takesha Norman of Greenville, the missing student's cousin, said she last talked to Latasha Norman on Sunday. However, Latasha Norman's parents, who are now in Jackson searching for clues about their daughter, talked to her on Monday, according to family members.

more at link

pic
news4.jpg

Latasha is also featured on the front page of the Jackson State University website here:
http://www.jsums.edu/

ETA: I know I spelled her name incorrectly in the thread title; a mod will correct it soon. My apologies.

Please let her be found alive and well.

I'm so sick of these jerks killing their ex-girlfriends.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071117/NEWS/711170374

Interesting that the exboyfriend slashed her tires and threatened her.
I hope le has already served a search warrant on his vehicle and wherever he lives.
:(
She is a beautiful young woman. What a smile!
I think the above article sums up pretty well who the cops should be talking too.
Anyone know if the college kids are out on Thanksgiving break yet?

Campus holds prayer vigil.
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071117/NEWS/711170374/1001/news

snipped from the link above...
bolded by me

"On Oct. 9, Norman told Pearl police Stanley Cole hit her in the face with his fist as they argued in a restaurant parking lot. Cole left before officers arrived."

:(

Oh Dear Lord please let her be found. I too am tired of this cr*p, are we ever going to learn? Prayers to the family.

What a beautiful young lady. I too pray that she is found safe.

In answer to the question about Thanksgiving break, I can speak for UF - last day of classes until Monday are today. I highly doubt she left before then...usually there are papers due/exams right before the break.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312389,00.htmlMississippi Police Chief Says Missing Student Ignored Due to Race
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
JACKSON, Miss. —
The newly named chief of Mississippi's largest police force says race is among the reasons the case of a missing Jackson State University student hasn't received national media attention.

Latasha Norman, who is black, was last seen Nov. 13 in one of her classes. Her car was left on the campus, but she never returned to her dormitory room when the afternoon class ended.
"As far as the interest by the national media in the story, I think race probably had an impact," said Jackson Police Chief Malcolm McMillin, who is white. "It's a small college in the South. It's the daughter of simple people who maybe are not important outside of their circle, and maybe we don't attach the same importance to them that we do for other people."
McMillin said the nation's eyes have been on a Chicago case in which a former police officer, Drew Peterson, is suspected in the disappearance more than three weeks ago of his wife, Stacy. The couple is white. Since Stacy Peterson disappeared, authorities have said they believe the death of the former officer's third wife three years ago was a homicide staged as a drowning accident.
"We need to show the same kind of concern for this," McMillin said of Norman's disappearance, adding that heightened exposure could help develop leads in the case.

Yeah, I wish we could take DrewP's ugly face off the tv screen and put Latasha's pretty face up there. Prayers for her family....

I don't think it's tied to racism, but there are reasons why some cases attain national attention while others do not. Maybe one of them is a known targeted person(s) who the public thinks may get away with their crime.

Are their any leads in Latasha's disappearance?

I think if LaTasha was married to a person like DrewP that her case would be all over like Stacy's is.

I do wish there was a channel, or show dedicated to missing people (or unidentified, suspicious death etc). They could spend 10 minutes highlighting about 4 or 5 cases per night. Think how many cases that would cover in just a month!

Someday.

I don't think it's tied to racism, but there are reasons why some cases attain national attention while others do not. Maybe one of them is a known targeted person(s) who the public thinks may get away with their crime.

Are their any leads in Latasha's disappearance?

Yep, or that fact that he already had another wife who dies mysteriously could have something to do with it to.

Latasha is a beautiful girl. I hope things end well in her case but it doesn't sound like it will :( What's up with all these people who think that killing someone is not a big deal??

Police reported no new leads Friday in the disappearance of Jackson State University student Latasha Norman, and her father said he's staying in the Jackson area to be close to the investigation.

"We haven't heard anything new," said Danny Bolden, of Greenville. He indicated press reports on his missing daughter are helping "keep the case alive."

He said police had told him they were following up on several phone calls but that nothing concrete had come up.

Norman was last seen Nov. 13 in one of her classes. Her car was later found on campus.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071123/NEWS/71123041

This is in my area guys, please keep praying for her and her family!

They're featuring this case right now on Nancy Grace. Latasha's father is on.

Says Latasha and her mom talked daily.
Says Latasha had told her parents of an earlier tire-slashing incident.
Says ex-boyfriend was known to him for two years. The parents knew nothing of the boyfriend striking Latasha until after Latasha disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back