GA - Terrill Crane for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Atlanta, 2007

White Rain

Reaction score
ATLANTA -- Federal officials say the husband of an Atlanta police officer engaged in sex acts with young girls and took pictures of the incidents and, they say, the officer found the pictures and burned them. Officials also said the Atlanta Police Department knew about the pictures for years but did nothing.

U.S. Attorney David Nahmias said what makes this case particularly disturbing is that the suspect’s wife is an officer with the Atlanta Police Department and, he said, the APD knew about the photos for 7 years.

Police said Terrill Crane, 47, had sex with a dozen middle school aged girls and took pictures of the incidents. more:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14730247/detail.html

White Rain I was just reading about that online. I hope they lock her up and anybody knew what was going. All ya'lls going to jail would be my verdict.

Geez, how does the Atlanta Police Dept. KNOW about these photos and just sit on the information for 7 years?????

I hate doublespeak.

In October, someone from APD went to the FBI with the pictures. The FBI investigated and arrested Terrill Crane Thursday.

Atlanta Police Chief Richard Pennington released a statement about the Crane's arrest Thursday afternoon. It said, "These allegations are disturbing and the Atlanta Police Department is very concerned about this incident. The alleged actions - and any purported failure to take action - will not be tolerated within the Atlanta Police Department.

i.e., As long as no one catches us.

When the incident came to my attention in October, I immediately ordered a full inquiry and invited the FBI to assist with the investigation. People will be held accountable and responsible for their actions or inactions as the case may be. Sgt. Crane has been placed on administrative leave."

Only after someone tattle on us to the FBI

By Associated Press
Friday, May 29, 2009 11:29 PM

ATLANTA – A former police sergeant's husband whose nude photos of young girls led to scandal in the Atlanta Police Department has been sentenced to 10 years in federal prison.

Terrill Marion Crane pleaded guilty Jan. 22 to producing child *advertiser censored*.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/latest/lat_519572.shtml

Note: Oddly, he doesn't show up in state or federal prison.
=================================================

Ga. police chief disciplines 3 in cover-up

By Tim Eberly
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

ATLANTA Atlanta police Chief Richard Pennington announced Wednesday that he is disciplining three employees, including the internal affairs commander, for their roles in covering up alleged sex crimes involving one of their spouses.

Pennington said the employees could be fired, and that the highest-ranking officer, Maj. Cerelyn "C.J." Davis, has been demoted to lieutenant and removed as commander of the Office of Professional Standards.

The other employees are Sgt. Tonya Crane and senior crime analyst Randolph Ory. Crane is married to Terrill Marion "T.C." Crane, who was indicted in November 2007 on federal charges of producing child *advertiser censored* involving him and young girls. Ory is a close friend and former roommate of T.C. Crane.

snip

Crane has been on administrative leave since her husband's arrest. The two others are still working; Davis has been assigned to the Communications Section, which includes 911 dispatchers. Their discipline could come in the next 10 days, after an administrative hearing, Pennington said.

snip

Davis, while a lieutenant in charge of the Intelligence Unit, ordered two detectives in 2004 to stop looking into Crane's alleged crimes, according to documents in the investigative report.

One of the detectives, Bobby Render, told city investigators that, when he asked Davis how to proceed with the Crane case, she told him to "cut it" and "made a hand gesture in front of her neck," documents show.

Davis denied doing so, but failed a lie-detector test, which she tried to foil by clenching her teeth — an attempt to alter her measurable vocal output, according to police records.

snip

Crane will be disciplined for destroying several photographs of her husband when she was tipped off to the investigation by an unidentified Atlanta police employee in 2003, according to documents.

A lie detector exam indicated that she was lying when she claimed to not have taken photographs of her husband having sex with juvenile girls, the police reports show. In some of the photos, girls were holding an Atlanta police-issued handgun and what appeared to be an Atlanta police hat.

BBM
http://www.policeone.com/officer-mi...79-Ga-police-chief-disciplines-3-in-cover-up/
=============================================
From Top Link
By Associated Press
Friday, May 29, 2009 11:29 PM

snip

Allegations of a coverup led to an internal investigation and the demotion of a police official who was later reinstated by the city's Civil Service Board.

BBM
http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/latest/lat_519572.shtml
==============================================
Atlanta Police Tied to Child *advertiser censored* Case
By BRENDA GOODMAN
Published: November 30, 2007

snip

Sergeant Crane remains on the payroll, said Judy Pal, a department spokeswoman.

BBM
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/30/us/30atlanta.html

Note: I cannot find any evidence of further disciplinary action taken against Tanya Crane.

Is there anyone from Atlanta that knows any more about this case? It concerns me that I cannot find Crane in jail and it seems that the cover-up by the police department was not adequately handled by the FBI. Why was Tanya Crane not criminally charged? Why was she not fired immediately? Why was Davis reinstated after demotion? Maybe there is more to the story than what is in the news, but this smells all the way around.

Terrill Marion Crane

Housed: Coleman Low FCI
Projected Parole Date: 09/10/2016

Posted: 12:26 pm EST January 22, 2009
Updated: 6:11 pm EST January 22, 2009

snip

U.S. Attorney David Nahmias said Crane's wife, Tonya Carroll-Crane, who has since been fired by the Atlanta Police Department, burned some of the pictures when she discovered them.

"One of the most concerning things about this case is that the Atlanta Police Department was alerted to these photographs in 2000 and nothing happened until some Atlanta police officers alerted the FBI in late 2007. In the meantime, Mr. Crane filmed and abused several other victims. I think that's completely unforgiveable," said Nahmias.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/18540159/detail.html

I completely fail to understand why Terrill Crane was not charged with the sexual assault of all of these children in the photos, as they clearly have the evidence.

I believe it's not considered assault in Georgia if it's consensual, even if under 16 (from what I've read). AND the girls got paid for it too - makes me want to vomit!

This guy's name and news stories have been wiped from the web! Does anyone have a photo of this guy?

Pump it up! - best crypto pumps on telegram
Make 1000% and more within 1 day, join channel @pump_upp !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back